Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 10-26-2012, 7:12 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Mike Pannone 2-Day Covert Carry Class – March 23-24, 2013 – Los Angeles, CA

Mike Pannone 2-Day Covert Carry Class – March 23-24, 2013 – Los Angeles, CA

CTT-Solutions
www.ctt-solutions.com

Mike retired from the Army’s Tier 1 assault force (1st SFOD-Delta) after an explosive breaching injury. A year after his retirement America was attacked on 9/11 and he returned to help serve his country as the head marksmanship instructor at the Federal Air Marshals training course and then moved to help stand up the FAMS Seattle field office. In 2003 he left the FAMS to serve as a PSD detail member and then a detail leader for the State Department during 2003 and 2004 in Baghdad and Tikrit.

In 2005 he served as a ground combat advisor of the Joint Counter IED Task Force and participated on combat operations with various units in Al Anbar province. Upon returning he gave IED awareness briefings to departing units and helped stand up a pre Iraq surge rifle course with the Asymmetric Warfare Group as a lead instructor. With that experience as well as a career of special operations service in Marine Reconnaissance, Army Special Forces and JSOC to draw from he moved to the private sector teaching planning, leadership, marksmanship and tactics as well as authoring and co-authoring several books such as The M4 Handbook, AK Handbook and Tactical Pistol shooting. Mike also consults for several major rifle and accessory manufacturers to help them field the best possible equipment to the warfighter, law enforcement officer and upstanding civilian end user. He is considered a subject matter expert on the AR based Stoner platform in all its derivatives.

Alias Training & Security Services
www.aliastraining.com

Mike Pannone 2-Day Covert Carry Class – March 23-24, 2013 – Los Angeles, CA

Course description: 2-day Covert Pistol is a fast paced course designed to give students not only the technical but the practical understanding of the effective employment of their pistol from a covert concealed location.

Narrative:

The CTT-Solutions covert pistol program is designed to exercise and refine the skills necessary to access and effectively use a concealed handgun with a high level of speed and efficiency day or night. This course is based upon training I received at 1st SFOD-D, provided to the Federal Air Marshal Service while I was the head range instructor at the FAMS school, the chief in-service instructor at the Seattle Field office of the FAMS, taught and used during protection operations in Iraq and refined for a course recently taught to high level SOF assets prior to high threat deployment. Students will be required to use the same gun and holster throughout the entire course. Time will be allotted in the first day to identify the best type, location and wear of holster and associated equipment. The remainder of the course will be dedicated to making the use of the weapon from that configuration rapid, sure and effective. Although courses of fire will go out as far as 50m, the bulk will be multiple partially obscured targets with multiple shots per target at 03-15m.

The course is designed to safely make you an extremely competent legal concealed handgun carrier (civilian, military or law enforcement) and give a foundation of drills and concepts for you to maintain your skills at your own range. Tactics will revolve around awareness and avoidance with shooting always being the last resort.

Topics covered:

· Safety
· Carry options
· Marksmanship
· Weapons Handling
· Malfunctions
· Multiple targets at short range (surgical)
· Personal and family response to public threat and active shooter events
· Flashlight techniques
· Dynamic shooting events

Instructor: Mike Pannone

Class dates: March 23-24, 2013

Cost: $525

Prado Olympic Shooting Park
17501 Pomona Rincon Rd
Chino, CA 91708

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:
· Serviceable semi-automatic pistol of 9mm or larger caliber (this is an semi-auto pistol course)
· 1000rds of quality ammunition
· Concealment holster
· 1 magazine pouch and 4 magazines of 10 round capacity or greater or 08 magazines of 9 round capacity or less.
· Normal range bag equipment: eyes (clear and tinted), ears, cleaning equipment, basic tools required to maintain your pistol, holster and pouches.

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Alias Training sign-up page:
http://aliastraining.com/mikepannone...angelesca.aspx

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
Paul@aliastraining.com
757-985-9586
www.aliastraining.com
Old 10-26-2012, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_dinger View Post
Students will be required to use the same gun and holster throughout the entire course. Time will be allotted in the first day to identify the best type, location and wear of holster and associated equipment.
Mike is a great instructor and his accomplishments in general are excellent and of note here is his time in the FAMS program.

Are there any concealed carry techniques not approved for this class?

What level of proficiency do students need with their pistol and particularly experience in drawing from concealment?
Old 10-28-2012, 2:52 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzar View Post
Mike is a great instructor and his accomplishments in general are excellent and of note here is his time in the FAMS program.
"Excellent" is an understatement. In a world full of nationally known instructors with little/no resume and many over hyped beyond all rational Mike's resume is one of the best in the industry. He is also a proven world class shooter, for a time being the top shooter in his Tier 1 Special Operations unit.

Quote:
Nothing that I am aware of.

Quote:
What level of proficiency do students need with their pistol and particularly experience in drawing from concealment?
This is a standard class, in between an "Advanced" and a "Beginner".

This should not be a students first class.
757-985-9586
www.aliastraining.com
Old 10-29-2012, 8:57 AM

Thanks Paul.

Perhaps the best single book on the tactical pistol is co-authored by Mike (AKA Noner). It's very well illustrated, informative and to the point:

"Tactical Pistol Shooting: Your Guide to Tactics & Techniques that Work, 2nd Edition" by Erik Lawrence and Mike Pannone

In chapter 6 he gets into concealed carry.

The Amazon Kindle edition of this book is just as good but looks best on a color eReader device like Amazon Kindle Fire or Apple iPad. Additionally, it costs less than the paperback edition ($11.99 vs. $15.18).

The Glock Handbook by Mike Pannone is also a very handy guide in spiral 4” x 6” Compact Size.

Last edited by ramzar; 10-30-2012 at 9:42 AM.. Reason: Another book + Kindle
Old 10-29-2012, 2:02 PM
Banned

Hi Paul, what would the absolute max number of allowed students be?
Old 10-29-2012, 6:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Nothing that I am aware of.
So, cross-draw, ankle, appendix carry and shoulder holsters are all fine?
Old 11-22-2012, 6:13 PM

This must be a new open enrollment class for Mike? Haven't been able to dig up any AARs. Will be cool to see his take on concealed carry, I hear a lot of great stuff about him from his peers about his tenure with FAMS.

Last edited by GM_77; 11-22-2012 at 6:18 PM..
Old 11-22-2012, 7:43 PM

Another question about this class is regarding low light shooting and flashlight techniques.

In another thread the following was stated:

Quote:
All further Alias classes that normally have a low-light block will now have them in SoCal as well.
The Mike Pannone 2-Day Covert Carry Class - April 27-28, 2013 - South Hill, VA states:

Quote:

Equipment required (minimum):
· Serviceable semi-automatic pistol of 9mm or larger caliber (this is an semi-auto pistol course)
· Weapon mounted light (if you carry one concealed) and hand held compact high output flashlight
· 1000rds of quality ammunition
· Concealment holster
· 1 magazine pouch and 4 magazines of 10 round capacity or greater or 08 magazines of 9 round capacity or less.
· Normal range bag equipment: eyes (clear and tinted), ears, cleaning equipment, basic tools required to maintain your pistol, holster and pouches.

Topics covered:
· Safety
· Carry options
· Day and Low Light Marksmanship
· Weapons Handling
· Malfunctions
· Multiple targets at short range (surgical)
· Personal and family response to public threat and active shooter events
· Flashlight techniques
· Dynamic day and low light shooting events
So, will the Los Angeles curriculum be the same?
Old 11-22-2012, 7:59 PM

My husband is relatively new to ccw'ing (2 years). He took a basic NRA handgun course years ago, and one 2 hour training from a local San Diego gunshop, but didn't take a whole lot away from that one. I would love to buy him this training as a gift, but not sure if he would be a good fit. He doesn't like the 'high testosterone' environment in some training. He really is no Rambo and enjoys target shooting but is very inexperienced with any 'tactical' or 'defensive' shooting. Would this be a good fit? Also, we bought several thousand 9mm from our local gunshow which have given us no problems. Is that acceptable 'quality ammo'?
Old 11-22-2012, 8:37 PM

Quote:
So, cross-draw, ankle, appendix carry and shoulder holsters are all fine?
So is this approved also?

If so I'm wearing a Bro (or Manzeire) to class..

In all seriousness I'm hoping I can make it to this one.
Old 11-22-2012, 8:38 PM

Deleted to remove incorrect info.

Last edited by Case; 03-04-2013 at 8:13 PM..
Old 11-27-2012, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe View Post
My husband is relatively new to ccw'ing (2 years). He took a basic NRA handgun course years ago, and one 2 hour training from a local San Diego gunshop, but didn't take a whole lot away from that one. I would love to buy him this training as a gift, but not sure if he would be a good fit. He doesn't like the 'high testosterone' environment in some training. He really is no Rambo and enjoys target shooting but is very inexperienced with any 'tactical' or 'defensive' shooting. Would this be a good fit? Also, we bought several thousand 9mm from our local gunshow which have given us no problems. Is that acceptable 'quality ammo'?
The ammo is fine but your husband needs more training before this class.
Old 11-27-2012, 9:10 PM

Check out some Q&A with Noner regarding Covert Carry on M4C.

FAMS is the Federal Air Marshall Service. Of course, they have some great covert carry shooters / tacticians.

Interesting set of shooting qualification standards throughout the years with TPC, PPC and ATPC with various degrees of difficulty.
Old 01-26-2013, 1:56 PM
Vendor/Retailer

FYI: This world-class Mike Pannone 2-Day Covert/Concealed carry class isn't far off and we do have open seats available. If you are interested in signing up please feel free to do so. As always if you have any questions about the class or the sign-up process just let me know.

I am always glad to help students. We hope to see you in the class.

Thank you,

Paul
757-985-9586
www.aliastraining.com
Old 01-28-2013, 7:03 PM

Paul and Chen are working on getting us the night shoot.

Also, I exchanged some PM with Mike Pannone (AKA Noner) and here, with his permission, are some of his responses:

Quote:

On the carry I'm not a fan of cross draw except in vehicles and do not want shoulder holsters for a variety of functional and safety reasons. If you are going to run an ankle holster that's fine but the course is oriented towards belt-line holster carried pistols which is easily 90% of those who carry concealed.

Folks need to be safe and competent at drawing and shooting from a normal belt holster. We'll go over drawing from concealment at the course. It will start out slow in order to establish skills and then pick up from there. I'll push as much info and as hard as the class can safely do.

I plan on bringing several types of cover garments for demonstration purposes and perhaps others might do the same in case they change the way they plan to carry. This is going to be an opportunity for shooters to focus on concealed carry deployment from A to Z. I'm there to help you find the best fit for you based on needs, weapon selection and climate.
Old 03-03-2013, 7:04 AM
Vendor/Retailer

In case ammo is an issue we have a new policy in place to help.

Alias Training Revised Ammo Policy For 2013.

Hello, Alias Training would like to announce a new set of clear and concise ammo policies that are in place until the current ammo situation corrects itself. Both Larry Vickers and Kyle Defoor have released their own statements and this one will mirror theirs exactly. It is intended to merely explain a few points a little farther and speak for Alias as a group.

- A new minimum of 400 rounds has been set for all Alias Training & Security Services associated 2-day classes. This is to be considered an absolute minimum. If this is all the ammo you can find or afford you will be good to go. All efforts will be made to minimalize the effects of shooting fewer rounds in the class. Honestly the class will be the same, you will just have the option of self-regulating your rounds fired per drill. Example; if the drill calls for four rounds, firing two will be OK. This is completely student self-regulating. Please be careful so you don’t over shoot one drill and miss out on another.

- *Very Important* If you have the standard ammo supply available this policy will not affect you at all. You will just be shooting the class normally. The instructors wanted me to be very clear on this.

- We have not had any restrictions on remanufactured ammo for years but to reiterate it is completely fine in our classes.

- .22 weapons are completely fine. Same with .22 conversion kits.

- We are working with several manufacturers & suppliers to ensure ammo availability for our classes. Some instructors have or are working on their own deals. Other suppliers are going to be helping Alias as a whole. If you cannot find ammo for a class contact Paul at Alias Training (Paul@aliastraining.com) and I will point you in the right direction.

I would like to thank the world-class instructors associated with Alias Training & Security Services for looking out for our customers during this situation.

If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free contact me anytime day or night.

Thank you,

Paul Hotaling
757-985-9586
www.aliastraining.com
Old 03-14-2013, 10:16 PM

Mike Pannone just had his first open enrollment Covert Carry class in Arizona (many more times through his CTT Solutions outfit to Federal & DoD clients):

AAR - Mike Pannone 2-Day Covert Carry Class – March 9-10, 2013 – Casa Grande, AZ
Old 03-20-2013, 7:26 PM

Per Paul & Chen, class changed to Burro Canyon Shooting Park in Azusa to allow for more low light shooting since sunset is at 7:07pm on Saturday.

New daily hours:

Saturday: 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am to 4:00pm
Old 03-20-2013, 7:50 PM

Saw that email, came to post the info here but you beat me to it.

Glad we will get proper low-light instruction in the curriculum. Not as enthusiastic about the fact that my drive to the range went from about 35 minutes to 75 minutes. Minor setback; the class is worth it.

Quote:
Per Paul & Chen, class changed to Burro Canyon Shooting Park in Azusa to allow for more low light shooting since sunset is at 7:07pm on Saturday.

New daily hours:

Saturday: 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am to 4:00pm
Old 03-21-2013, 3:31 PM

Don't forget to pack some food.
Old 03-21-2013, 3:45 PM
Veteran Member

You guys down South are lucky to get this class. Sounds like fun.