Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 03-19-2013, 7:22 PM

Default NEED THE LADIES SUGGESTIONS

Hello ladies I'm looking to buy a pink handgun for my wife so who better then to ask take in mind that me and my wife are new to being firearm owners so any tips comments or suggestions are helpful I live in So.Cali so I need it to be Cali legal thanx for reading
Old 03-19-2013, 8:10 PM

First of all, why Pink? And secondly, there is a lot of good info on this forum about men picking out a gun for their wives/gf's etc. It's a sticky here so read through it and get your wife directly involved in buying her own gun. She may surprise you and not like pink or what is available in pink.

There are pink guns you can buy legally in CA but they tend to be smaller caliber(.380) and harder to find. IMO, having shot the .380, I do not like it. It is not heavy enough for me and the Bersa .380 in pink is a truly uncomfortable gun to handle since the pink grips make the grip wider but the recoil is still not absorbed well. Pink is all well and good but color should not determine what she eventually decides that she wants. Good luck!
Old 03-19-2013, 8:42 PM

I think it is great you are looking for a handgun for your wife. However, I agree that letting her decide first on what gun feels good with her size hand is probably better than getting one based on color or design. I have a larger hand and found that I really loved Glock. Many women with smaller hands find them clunky or just too big. The biggest issue I have with pink guns is that it gives guns a "cute" look that could easily entice a child. If you have younger kids or Grandkids around, this is something to consider. I actually don't like them, but I know my opinion is just that, my opinion.

There are many choices out there usually, but right now handguns are not quite as easy to find. You might find that you are really limiting yourself by looking for a specific color of gun. Perhaps just let her find a gun she likes for sale and then change it with after market color or grips.

Good luck in your search!

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown
Old 03-19-2013, 9:17 PM

Thank for the suggestions and tips you ladies have been a big help
Old 03-19-2013, 9:20 PM

Defiantly let her decide, and don't let color be the decision factor. That is something that is easy to change. You can't change an uncomfortable gun. Best of luck on the hunt, inventory isn't that great right now.
Old 03-19-2013, 9:40 PM

I will say that as soon as California does away with that retarded gun roster, I will buy my exact same Sig P239 in .40cal(my current is a 9mm) and get it in rainbow titanium. Firstly because I love my Sig and second because rainbow titanium is kick ***!
Old 03-20-2013, 6:13 AM

Well had a talk to my wife last night and looks like after reading all the advice you ladies have gave me she no longer wants a pink gun so we are gonna be on the hunt for something she feels comfortable with and then later maybe add some pink to it lol but idk about y'all but here in So.Cali ammo & firearms are all gone its hard to find something and if you do you better buy it.....well thanx again
Old 03-20-2013, 8:35 AM

Yes, inventory is scarce right now, but some stores still have decent stuff. Best to call around and see what they have in handguns.
Old 03-20-2013, 1:39 PM

Good idea to let her pick her own weapon, I know what would happen if I bought a pink gun for my wife.
Old 03-20-2013, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
I will say that as soon as California does away with that retarded gun roster, I will buy my exact same Sig P239 in .40cal(my current is a 9mm) and get it in rainbow titanium. Firstly because I love my Sig and second because rainbow titanium is kick ***!
LOVE that idea!!!!!! Rainbow titanium is totally awesome. May steal the idea from you!1
Old 03-20-2013, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909Pelon View Post
Well had a talk to my wife last night and looks like after reading all the advice you ladies have gave me she no longer wants a pink gun so we are gonna be on the hunt for something she feels comfortable with and then later maybe add some pink to it lol but idk about y'all but here in So.Cali ammo & firearms are all gone its hard to find something and if you do you better buy it.....well thanx again
pink is very easy to add. I added it to my Glocck myself and it turned out pretty cool.
Old 03-20-2013, 7:29 PM

I love pink and all things girly. But the Glock 19 only came in black; and I was so taken with that gun that I didn't even hold it against her that she wasn't pink! She'll love choosing her own gun, and who knows, it just may be pink.
Old 03-20-2013, 9:35 PM

Someone( ) once said "My husband would no sooner by me a gun without me picking it out than he would buy me a bra. He knows I wear bras, but color? Size? Style? Fabric? Uh-uh. Just as I would not go pick out a gun for him either. Guns are like underwear. They are PERSONAL to each individual" Hmmm, who was that smart woman who said that? LOL
Old 03-21-2013, 1:45 AM

Why buy a pink gun, when one that would fit her hand is so much better?

We answer this question at least once a month. You don't say if she is an experienced shooter, but if not, the very first thing to do is for her to go to a handgun safety class, and then go to the gun store, without hubby if at all possible and handle as many guns as possible. Then she goes to a range that rents and fire tests her top three, and makes her selection.

If it's her birthday or some other gift occasion, do a gift certificate and let her choose her own gun. Maybe she'll get something pink, maybe she'll pick a .45 because it fits her well. It happens, sometimes to the most unexpected women.
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 03-21-2013, 3:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
Someone( ) once said "My husband would no sooner by me a gun without me picking it out than he would buy me a bra. He knows I wear bras, but color? Size? Style? Fabric? Uh-uh. Just as I would not go pick out a gun for him either. Guns are like underwear. They are PERSONAL to each individual" Hmmm, who was that smart woman who said that? LOL
Love it!
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL