Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 PM

Default Online and Mail-Order Ammo in City of Sacramento? Yes, you can do it...

I just wanted to remind folks that yes, you may purchase and ship ammunition to and within the City of Sacramento if you are able to find a ammunition dealer that is willing to do so.

If you are in another City such as Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Folsom, Galt, Isleton, and Rancho Cordova you guys are free from this but maybe feeling the pain from a City of Sacramento Ordinance, not County.

If you have a moment and want to learn about this, read on:

In August of 2007, the City of Sacramento enacted Ordinance Chapter 5.66 to the City Code. Most notably, this introduced a requirement for businesses within the City Limits of Sacramento that sell ammunition to maintain and provide Sacramento Police Department a ammunition sales record, that contains:

Quote:
A. The name, address, and date of birth of the transferee;
B. The date of the sale;
C. The transferee’s driver’s license number, state identification card number, passport number, or other valid
government-issued photographic identification;
D. The brand, type, and quantity of firearms ammunition transferred;
E. The identity of the person transferring the firearms ammunition on behalf of the ammunition vendor;
F. The transferee’s signature and right thumbprint. (Ord. 2007-065 § 1)
Please note that LEOs, LTCs, and Licensed Security Guards at exempt from this requirement.

The ordinance requires that this list be sent electronically to local law enforcement, and this is where many online retailers who aren't already scared off from selling/shipping to residents of the City of Sacramento to completely block sales/shipment to any place that contains the words "Sacramento."

From Gene Hoffman's post on 12/03/2009, "On behalf of CGF, Jason Davis asked the City of Sacramento whether the Sacramento ammunition ordinance applied to the purchase of ammunition over the internet for residents of Sacramento. Sacramento responded:

Quote:
... Chapter 5.66 of the Sacramento City Code was neither intended to regulate vendors who sell firearm ammunition through the internet from a location outside the State of California, nor has it been applied in this manner.
Gene writes, "If you live in the reach of this ordinance feel free to order away and provide this correspondence to any out of state ammunition seller who is unsure of the law."

So, if you find a retailer who is unwilling to ship to Sacramento, see if you can try to educate them...and maybe they will get more business from Sacramento
Old 03-18-2013, 11:16 PM

Reserved.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Good luck finding any business willing to ship ammo to the city.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 03-20-2013, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
Good luck finding any business willing to ship ammo to the city.
I ordered 5 cases of .22 rimfire from Cabelas telephone ordering system and they shipped to my apartment in Sacramento (within city limits). This was a little over a month ago.
Old 03-20-2013, 5:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by softreset View Post
I ordered 5 cases of .22 rimfire from Cabelas telephone ordering system and they shipped to my apartment in Sacramento (within city limits). This was a little over a month ago.
Good job with that. Was it a pain to deal with them?
GP100 6" stainless
Vepr x54r with 23" Barrel
12 gauge O/U with 32" or 34" barrels & removable Chokes

Need some AR500 targets? Free $10 credit.
https://shootingtargets7.com/store/?...pBdnFlL0FxS3M9
Old 03-20-2013, 5:56 PM

Oddly enough, not at all. From the time I picked up the phone till the time my order was placed... maybe 4 minutes? It was a "call to order by phone" only item so perhaps they were ready for it. Federal Automatch for $12.88/box with no limit.
Old 04-20-2014, 3:00 PM

Has anyone found a retailer that will ship ammunition into Sacramento without hassle?
Old 04-21-2014, 12:59 PM

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/default.aspx

I buy from these guys alot- FREE shipping if you buy ammo by the case. I have had orders shipped both to Sacto. proper and Citrus Heights with no problems.
Old 04-21-2014, 1:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I've received shipments from Ammoman.com and I live within the Sacramento City limits.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:12 PM
Veteran Member

There's actually quite a few vendors willing to ship here but there are those that choose not to simply to avoid any headaches.
You did ask. They were only following your instructions. Next time be a bit more careful in how you phrase your posts. If you give people a straight line like that, this is about the level of response you are bound to get. Just be glad you didn't post "Date this rifle"... Those pictures are usually very disturbing.

-Mb
Old 05-19-2014, 11:44 AM

Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops have no problem shipping to Sacramento.

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men." - General George S. Patton Jr.
Old 06-08-2014, 4:26 PM

I will be moving to Citrus Heights in a few weeks. I was wondering if any one has had any experience with freedom munitions. With shipping to surrounding areas out side Sacramento city?
Let us hope our weapons are never needed — but do not forget what the common people of this nation knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny.
Edward Abbey
Old 06-08-2014, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke Lives View Post
I will be moving to Citrus Heights in a few weeks. I was wondering if any one has had any experience with freedom munitions. With shipping to surrounding areas out side Sacramento city?
I've never dealt with Freedom Munitions but have had a bunch of ammunition shipped to me in CH from other vendors.
Old 06-15-2014, 3:37 PM

This is great news. Will give it a try and post results.
Old 06-15-2014, 4:01 PM

Quote:
I've had multiple orders from Freedom in the past without problems. Ordered last month and they told me the wouldn't ship to Sac.
I shoulda told them to pound sand but I needed the ammo so I had them send it to my parents place in Auburn. I'm not sure I'll be ordering from them again.
Old 06-16-2014, 8:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockit View Post
I've had multiple orders from Freedom in the past without problems. Ordered last month and they told me the wouldn't ship to Sac.
I shoulda told them to pound sand but I needed the ammo so I had them send it to my parents place in Auburn. I'm not sure I'll be ordering from them again.
Sacramento city or county?
I'm hoping your city of sac. I'm hooked on ordering from them good ammo and a good price.
Sure hope the deliver to citrus heights. I'll be bummed if they don't. I'll know in a few weeks.
Let us hope our weapons are never needed — but do not forget what the common people of this nation knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny.
Edward Abbey
Old 07-12-2014, 6:49 PM

Quote:
I live in CH as well. Curious if you have had success with any vendors. I'm admittedly a bit nervous about ordering it online but will probably try now since I can never find .22 in stores.
Old 08-18-2014, 8:02 PM

Freedommunitions.com works just fine. Just got my order of .380 delivered to my new Citrus heights address. YAY!
Edward Abbey
Old 08-18-2014, 11:21 PM

Tagged
Old 08-20-2014, 9:33 AM

Does anybody know if ammo can be shipped to west sacramento which is yolo county?if so can you please let me know.ive been looking for a good deal on 223 and 45acp.
Old 08-20-2014, 9:47 AM

It's a different city than Sacramento. I'd say your GTG.

Also, Rivery City Gun Exchange in Sacramento has a pretty good deal on 223 and 556 federal right now, 500 round case for $164.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:06 AM

Thank you for letting me know I really appreciate it.i really like river city gun exchange,they are one of my go to shops in town, thanks for the heads up on the federal 223 I'm going to have to stop by.
Old 09-21-2014, 8:27 AM

I'm pretty annoyed with Freedom Munitions actually. I placed an order with them about a month and a half ago, they reached out to me a week later with the, "we can't ship to Sac due to the laws there". I forwarded over the letter from the city showing that it didn't apply to online retailers, and three days later I got back, "it's management policy".

Didn't have another place close buy to ship it to. I won't be buying from them again, which is a bummer, because I've had good luck with their reman ammo in the past, but really wanted that case of 77gr 223 for my Appleseed event.

EDIT: Like others have mentioned, Cabela's has been GTG. Got a few boxes of 22 from them last week.

Last edited by shinzen; 09-21-2014 at 8:28 AM.. Reason: ETA