Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 03-03-2013, 5:30 PM

Default DOJ taking forever...

Does anyone know approx how long DOJ is taking on CCW checks. My local Sheriffs office received the FBI back round in a week and its been almost 7 weeks on the DOJ?
Old 03-03-2013, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecaptaintahoe View Post
Does anyone know approx how long DOJ is taking on CCW checks. My local Sheriffs office received the FBI back round in a week and its been almost 7 weeks on the DOJ?
It can take up to thirty days; but hang in there. What happens is that they DOJ does a pretty thorough background check, and if you don't have a record number, you will now (not necessarily a bad thing).
Old 03-03-2013, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMan View Post
It can take up to thirty days; but hang in there. What happens is that they DOJ does a pretty thorough background check, and if you don't have a record number, you will now (not necessarily a bad thing).
There have been members here that waited over 90 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x57 View Post
Sacramento would declare martial law sooner than they'd meet with Gandhi, Gautama Budda, and Jesus Christ if the three were packing heat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Even people not from San Francisco can appreciate a good public spanking like this.
WANTED: G19. New or near new condition in Sacramento area.
Old 03-03-2013, 8:48 PM

My week 6 wait starts tomorrow. Sux
Old 03-04-2013, 6:02 AM
Veteran Member

My DOJ clearance took just over 60 days. The explanation I was offered by DOJ was that it had something to do with the fact that I had 25 year old inked prints on file (employment) but had never been live scanned. It was a long wait, but it finally got done. My total process from application to license delivery by USPS was 96 days.
Old 03-04-2013, 6:42 AM

Hey firecaptaintahoe my story is the same. This Friday will be 8 weeks for me. No word from DOJ yet.
Old 03-04-2013, 6:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

DOJ isn't answering phone calls for any firearms related matter. I think they went on vacation about 4 months ago and haven't returned yet. I should have gone to work for a government agency which doesn't have to be accountable for their lack of actions.

Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
DOJ isn't answering phone calls for any firearms related matter. I think they went on vacation about 4 months ago and haven't returned yet. I should have gone to work for a government agency which doesn't have to be accountable for their lack of actions.
My Livescan took about 5 weeks in Jan just as the buying frenzy hit. DOJ is under a ten-day timeline to clear purchases, and no timeline for CCW clearance. Guess where the focus goes (and they're bogged down in that area, too.)

I have, however, called them three times this year. First time I got a human being and almost stroked out. Second two times, I left detailed messages and code citations, and received call backs within 24 hours.

JR
Old 03-04-2013, 11:29 AM

I am on my 5th week on friday, so you are not alone.
Old 03-04-2013, 1:18 PM

My DOJ was completed the same day I did Live Scan, but my FBI took 2 weeks. I scanned in mid January... I did a COE/C&R and that took a good 45 days.

...Just me and my Springfield & Kimber buddies.
Old 03-04-2013, 3:44 PM

Thanks for the replies. Patience.
Old 03-07-2013, 4:26 PM

Today was my 5th week on DOJ, FBI was done as of last week.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:41 PM

Handed in my application and had my fingerprints scanned on 2/4. I am in the LiveScan system, since I had to get a background check in 2005 to volunteer at my son's school.

How do I find out where my DOJ/FBI check is at?

I'm in Stanislaus County. They didn't give me any paperwork for the LiveScan.
Old 03-17-2013, 8:31 PM
Veteran Member

Old 03-17-2013, 8:52 PM

my livescan took 4 and a half weeks to clear. did my livescan Jan 22nd. Another guy on here iv been helping with the process is on 90 days and still no word yet. Hes called his local IA ( sac count ) and they told him they received electronic clearance but no hard copy yet. I know its really hard but you just have to be patient, which I am not
Old 03-17-2013, 9:29 PM

Hey guys, if your DOJ stuff is taking too long, call your CCW deputy and have him call. I waited for 6 weeks, then I called my CCW deputy, actually I went to his office a couple of times. I guess I bugged him enough that he called the DOJ for me. They LOST my livescan info!!Thats right, they lost it. So I had to re-livescan. After I redid the livescan, it only took 2 weeks for the new one to come back..Then everything went smoothly...Remember, the sqeaky wheel gets the grease.
Old 03-20-2013, 7:01 PM

Default Done deal

Got it, 8 weeks, Eldo county rules
Old 03-20-2013, 9:08 PM

Called the clerk's office in Stan County today. The clerk said there wasn't any way they could check and that it would be there when it gets there.

Guess I just need to be patient. 6+ weeks for me.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:47 PM

Have you guys who have been waiting awhile called the DOJ Automated hot line to check on your Livescan status?

If a requesting agency does not have results yet and digital Live Scan fingerprints were submitted, you may use the automated telephone system to check on your submission. You will need the following information: (1) your date of birth; and (2) the 10-digit Automated Transaction Identifier (ATI) number that appears at the bottom of the Department of Justice form requesting Live Scan fingerprint background checks. The ATI number always appears in the following sequence: 1 LETTER; 3 NUMBERS; 3 LETTERS and 3 NUMBERS.

24-hour Automated Telephone Service Available: (916) 227-4557.

If you have no status or its still missing, there is another number you can call the CA DOJ to see what can be done about it.
Old 03-21-2013, 5:51 AM

Quote:
Have you guys who have been waiting awhile called the DOJ Automated hot line to check on your Livescan status?

If a requesting agency does not have results yet and digital Live Scan fingerprints were submitted, you may use the automated telephone system to check on your submission. You will need the following information: (1) your date of birth; and (2) the 10-digit Automated Transaction Identifier (ATI) number that appears at the bottom of the Department of Justice form requesting Live Scan fingerprint background checks. The ATI number always appears in the following sequence: 1 LETTER; 3 NUMBERS; 3 LETTERS and 3 NUMBERS.

If you have no status or its still missing, there is another number you can call the CA DOJ to see what can be done about it.
That's what I was hoping to get out of the SO. They said they don't have it (the ATI).
Old 03-21-2013, 6:50 AM

I completed my Live Scan a couple weeks ago but got a call from the Sheriff's department yesterday because my fingerprints were rejected for lack of quality. Next available appointment to re-do the prints isn't until April 24 so my application hangs in limbo until those are done, she said.
Old 03-21-2013, 8:24 AM

Quote:

I called this morning and the system said they confirmed my birthdate and the ATI number but no status. I guess this means that they have my LiveScan but have not completed the investigation since they confirmed my BD and ATI. Did the LiveScan Feb 5th.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:07 AM

So the doj check happens right after the initial interveiw or after you approved? I just had my interveiw but they said may take up to 8 weeks for all the paperwork to come in, what paperwork are they talking about is that the doj check they are referring to?
Old 03-22-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikearfifteen83 View Post
So the doj check happens right after the initial interveiw or after you approved? I just had my interveiw but they said may take up to 8 weeks for all the paperwork to come in, what paperwork are they talking about is that the doj check they are referring to?
After your initial interview, you will get a letter upon favorable approval for you to go get your Livescan completed. Not quite sure what you mean about the other paperwork.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:04 PM

I have completed everything and mine has been sitting at RCSD admin for a few weeks now. Its been there long enough that the response I got back when I asked was "Im surprised its not back yet"...

11+ weeks ....
Old 03-22-2013, 1:32 PM

Quote:
After your initial interview, you will get a letter upon favorable approval for you to go get your Livescan completed. Not quite sure what you mean about the other paperwork.
I had some juvenile stuff that I stated during interview so they said may take 8 weeks or so, since all of it was in a diffrent city over 13 years ago. Not sure what those papers are since they had all my juvenile records right in front of me when the second guy interveiwed me as he was typing it all in his laptop he had a print out as well as my application so not knowing what those papers he was talking about waiting on that's why I thought it was a doj background check.
Old 04-03-2013, 8:58 AM

Had my phone interview with a very polite Deputy from SCSD a couple hours ago. The call lasted 4 minutes.

From fingerprinting to interview it was 8 weeks.
Old 04-04-2013, 8:41 AM

8 weeks from doing the livescan and nothing yet on the automated system.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:37 AM

I began calling the DOJ hotline at 8 weeks and did not get anything but confirmation of DOB and ATI number. I got the CCW in the mail without ever getting anything from DOJ saying that I was approved on the hotline number.