Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > O.C. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

Default ok who went to D!cks today?

And bought all the .223 with their 6 family members? Guess they received 90 boxes of .223 sold out within an hour.. also had 2 500ct .45 boxes gone in minutes.
-Edmund Burke
I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
- Phil Dalmolin

The Battle of Athens was illegal too.
Old 03-08-2013, 8:29 PM

be happy that the dicks where you are sells ammo...the one in vista doesnt sell anything shooting/hunting/fishing related, almost makes me wonder why they opened
Old 03-09-2013, 8:58 AM
Veteran Member

This is the first time I went their.. as I don't approve of their policy to stop selling ARs.. The employee behind the counter called it an assault weapon.. I heard the term assault rifle later that day at a different gun store.. Had to tell them both that Assault weapons are machine guns and illegal in CA

This Dicks is HUGE bigg footprint and had a nice assortment of shotguns and some rifles.. I might go there again.. But all their product seemed to be pretty expensive.. Except their ammo and guns..
-Edmund Burke
I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
- Phil Dalmolin

The Battle of Athens was illegal too.
Old 03-09-2013, 9:25 PM

I hate when people have five people to go. In and buy ammo that they turn around and sell for more or think the worlds gonna end tomorrow and somehow having a horde of ammo will save them. If the world ends I wanna go with it, I buy guns and ammo to shoot cause I love shooting and hunting even tho there's no where to really hunt turkey or boar which is the only things I have ever hunted cause I will eat that meat. Shooting is a passion of mine and I don't buy ammo to store it away in case of a apocalypse, but I do have some ammo in case of an emergency but not much cause I go shooting to much and enjoy it to much to save any. Well there's my rant and venting for the day. Also people who buy all the ar parts and accessories to sell for 3-4-5 times as much. I have five uppers and a couple lower parts kits from stag that I'm selling for 170 and bought for 150' wow a whole 20 dollar profit. I sell them more just people who I know or whatever. Like ammo brothers marking up everything for literally 4 times. What there worth and they get them at cost so really there making 6-7 times what they paid. I will never go to ammo bros ever again. Turners and a few other mom and pop shops in O.C. Are the only shops that I've seen hasn't raised there prices to crazy. Midway USA is the only website that I've seen that hasn't raised anything at all for more money, not even a cent. The owner is actually outraged on what the other shops and we sites are selling for. The owner sent an email to everyone on the mailing list about how ridiculous it is that these shops are pricing there stuff for. He promised his website would never be like that and shooting is a hobby and passion and people like that are ruining it for people like us. Well that's all I'm gonna say cause I can go on and on about it .
Old 03-12-2013, 12:30 AM

Well said Tim, my sentiments exactly.
Old 03-30-2013, 3:31 PM

Whats the location. The dicks sporting goods in my area doesn't sell ammo.
Old 03-30-2013, 8:25 PM

Huntington Beach on Edinger Ave
Old 04-03-2013, 3:10 PM

Ammo stocked on Fridays. Opens at 9:00 and lines start around 7:00. You can call on Thurs afternoon to have the department check the shipping manifest for ammo coming if for sale the next day.