Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 03-08-2013, 9:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolamonkey View Post
Gentlemen, thank you for your valuable input. I have decided to do the right thing...

and just get them both. (the cz 512 seems like a cool idea but two is better than one and i cant find a 512 right now)

I saw a CZ 455 amurican at target masters west last night and put it on hold to pick it up today. Also pre-ordered a 10/22 takedown.

Doesnt hurt to have 2 rimfires, this way i can plink around with my girl without scaring her (I only have 308 rifles) and when i take my two nephews out to shoot they can both shoot. I just need to figure out some decent QD rings and scope for the CZ now.
Hey, how much did you pay for the CZ 455? Do they have any more at Target Masters?
Old 03-08-2013, 10:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieShooter View Post
That's the same scope but with a different reticle. My 10/22s have this one. The choice is personal taste.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...rodID=WE849411

Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association and the Second Amendment Foundation.

Disappointed Life Member: California Rifle & Pistol Association

Last edited by sholling; 03-08-2013 at 10:30 AM..
Old 03-08-2013, 12:36 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Waster View Post
Hey, how much did you pay for the CZ 455? Do they have any more at Target Masters?
it was something like 399 or something + tax & dros.

no it was the only one they had, and they had just gotten it in the previous day.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:55 PM

I just joined the CZ club and bought a CZ 455 American Combo 17HMR/22LR at my LGS for $460+tax & DROS. Next item on my shopping list is a scope. Scholling made some excellent recommendation on the Weaver so I might have to pull out my CC again.

Old 03-08-2013, 1:12 PM
CGN Contributor

Haha let me know what you go with RookieShooter, I've been looking at scopes too. i think i'm either going with the 24 weaver or the Nikon Prostaff rimfire EFR one...
Old 03-08-2013, 1:37 PM

I'm still undecided. It's a tough decision without hands-on experience since each person have different reference. But these 3 scopes are my top candidates.

1. Weaver 6-24X42 Classic V-24
2. Weaver 24x40 Classic T-Series
3. Weaver 36x40 Classic T-Series

Old 03-08-2013, 1:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieShooter View Post
I'm still undecided. It's a tough decision without hands-on experience since each person have different reference. But these 3 scopes are my top candidates.

1. Weaver 6-24X42 Classic V-24
2. Weaver 24x40 Classic T-Series
3. Weaver 36x40 Classic T-Series
The T series are better scopes but strictly target scopes because of the fixed magnification. The V series are really good and more versatile because you can dial back to 6x for bunny rabbits or out to 24x for targets.

Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association and the Second Amendment Foundation.

Old 03-08-2013, 2:36 PM

Ruger 10/22 take down in Madera Big 5 just came from there.
Old 03-08-2013, 6:37 PM
CGN Contributor

the V24 is looking better and better and better to me scholling

which rimfire/11 dovetail scope rings do u recommend? do ppl have bad experiences with scope rings? how is the bkl 257?

and fonzy, i dunno about driving all the way to madera for a 10/22 but thanks! does anyone know if big 5s will ship to eachother?
Old 03-08-2013, 7:24 PM

Quote:
I just put my CZ 455 in jail! Somebody had already scratched her b/c she was sitting on the rack for the day but that's okay hah. I can't wait to shoot it! I need to order some rings and scope for it!

If anyone has any advice that would be great. I don't really have a budget but i recognize this is just rimfire and i don't expect to be reaching out 500 yards or anything. I'm not going to buy S&B or Nightforce for this. for a scope i was just going to look at swfa at rimfire scopes. Which also brings me to my question of whats the difference between a normal scope and rimfire scopes. why even have this distinction? Looking at swfa the nikon prostaff and leupold offerings look decent? Is this overkill?

I'll def want to/have to Scope my CZ. Thanks for your advice sholling, i''ll look into genuine CZ rings.

Yes, now i have a few places that i'm waiting in line for a 10/22 TD. thanks omnitravis. I'll just give salinas a call. that is a bit of a drive for me though... but since i am very impatient... we'll see!

for a stock 10/22 does it really benefit a lot from a scope? i was just going to plink with it with iron sights. How are the irons on a 10/22?
I purchased an 455 American in .22 lr walnut stocked rifle. I decided to go with a set of Leupold steel CZ blued scope medium height rings and a Leupold Var. II 3x9 33mm compact scope.
It is a slick set-up and handles really well. The scope is right above the barrel with the medium height rings and the bolt clearance is perfect. It will be well suited to small game hunting and plinking. I looked at the CZ factory scope rings and they were very high. There are many options available for the 455.
Check out Rimfire central there is alot of good information on the CZ forum.

p.s. You got a good deal, my 455 American rifle was $465.00 including tax and DROS. The Leupold scope rings were $65.00
Old 03-08-2013, 8:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
the V24 is looking better and better and better to me scholling

which rimfire/11 dovetail scope rings do u recommend? do ppl have bad experiences with scope rings? how is the bkl 257?

and fonzy, i dunno about driving all the way to madera for a 10/22 but thanks! does anyone know if big 5s will ship to eachother?
For a CZ455 I recommend CZ's rings because I know they are high enough (.625) to allow the bolt to clear the ocular (rear) bell of the scope but I can't find any anywhere. I can't find their Weaver rail for it either which is the only other product I know that will give you the height. CZs have a pretty extreme bolt throw. There are other Weaver adapters on the market but I have no experience with them and can't tell you how well they'll work or what size rings to use with them.

http://www.amazon.com/BKL-Dovetail-W.../dp/B0036JRX7K
http://www.amazon.com/BKL-Dovetail-W.../dp/B0036JV8Z8

You'll want to get yourself a Lucas bore guide and a Tipton 17-20 cal cleaning rod and an adapter for 22cal brushes and jags. CZ bores run a tad too small for a 22 cal rod. Just don't clean it too often they shoot tighter groups with a dirty bore. If you use match ammo maybe clean it every 500-2000rds

My old CZ453 Varmint with a Weaver T24.

Last edited by sholling; 03-08-2013 at 10:59 PM..
Old 03-08-2013, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Haha let me know what you go with RookieShooter, I've been looking at scopes too. i think i'm either going with the 24 weaver or the Nikon Prostaff rimfire EFR one...
The 453 I picked up is the 22lr with single set trigger.

I am putting a Redfield 3-9x40mm. I have heard good reviews of these scopes, they are American made, and manufactured by Leupold.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-08-2013, 9:35 PM

Get both... They have different purpose...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-24-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholling View Post
I like that stock a lot, good look to the gun over all.
Old 03-25-2013, 4:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

So CZ 452 vs 455, what's the major differences? It's confusing!