Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 02-27-2013, 1:46 PM

Default Advice on Stag Model 2

Hey guys, fairly new to the AR world as I just purchased my first 2 AR's this passed month (sig saur m400 and stag model 2). The rear sights on my Stag model 2 have play to them and don't feel like much quality. Any recomendations on new ones or possible adjustments? Is this normal on that model? Thanks
Old 03-03-2013, 10:57 PM

I have four stag rifles and a mk12 which cost about 4 grand and is amazing but my stags are my favorite guns. Reliable affordable and quality. The sight is just a basic sight that comes on the rifle to save u money and to charge less for the gun. But the sights work just as good as most aftermarket sights. If you want something better, p.r.i. Makes some of the best sights just are a little more expensive and also ggg,Troy make great sights. Or you can go with a Cana or ema, that are a bit cheaper. I also really like my yum and a.r.m.s. polymer sights. U can get them really cheap on eBay usually. They are made of polymer instead of aluminum so there lighter. U would think cause there made of polymer that they are cheaply but there great sights and cost around 50- to 60 at most on eBay. Sometimes u can find them on eBay for 30-40 for both on eBay. But sights are sights really and any of the ones I named are great reliable sight. There are more bands that are good too but u will be happy with the ones I named. But the stag model two is a great gun and very reliable and super accurate. I have a model two and a model three then the other two are builds of mine with all stag parts. There affordable but made with top quality precision and parts. If I wAs u I would keep the sights that u have on kit and save up for a ego tech red dot. There around 400 but are amazing and I love mine. I have two eotechs and on aimpoint and like I like my eotech the most. Well good luck and hope u get what u want. Ars are the greatest guns and are super fun to go shooting with and hunting if you do that sorta thing. Well good luck ask me any questions through the private messages.
Oo
Old 03-06-2013, 8:38 PM

Thanks for the helpful advice. I'm glad you mentioned how much you liked the eotech. I'm reading reviews and looking at different models/products. It can get pretty confusing at times with all the different options out there. I'll definitely take you up on the PM offer. Thanks