Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:40 AM

Steiner shares a building with Burris in Greely, Colorado. Both companies are owned by Berrata Holding company.

Steiner says parts are from Germany and they are assembled in Greely. Do not know anything about Burris parts or assembly. I've not been there myself so who knows who does what or where. We only "know what we are told".
Old 03-12-2013, 6:39 PM

this thread went off topic in a hurry. If you want to understand why some scopes cost $3k or more (or the purported MAP of $7k for the new Hensoldt mentioned in one of the posts), then you might wish to Google for the excellent optics reviews posted by Ilya Koshkin.

When it comes to products of European mfg., it's common for them to cost more than similar products from Japan or the US. Like cars. Like optics.

Premier Heritage makes an excellent product. So does Audi. Does that mean that a PH scope or an Audi S4 is worth what they cost to you? Only you can decide that. But for any of you to denigrate any of these products in the hands of another user is simply a waste of time. Hell's bells, half of the USA voted for the clown currently holding down the POTUS job. It's not about logic.

The bottom line is to buy gear that you can afford -- FIRST and FOREMOST -- and then hope it's good enough to do what you need it to do. If it isn't good enough, then save your money.
Old 03-12-2013, 8:29 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Dave View Post
The thing is... that can be said about almost everything you probably own.... including your Zeiss scope.

What may seem crazy to you, doesn't mean it is.

I think people that dump $30K into their $20K japanese car are DAFT, but to them, it's not crazy at all. :P
oh damn - you got me pegged (but it was the other way around)... guns, cars, tattoos & guitars... I need to find cheaper interests (knitting is cheap right? )

*ETA: regarding the better equipment, better performance debate... I'd have to agree that (in my experience, with interests listed above), better equipment does improve performance... having that been said, getting good with chitty equipment, makes you that much better when you use good stuff (opinion based on real world experience in racing cars, playing guitar and shooting).

-----------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCloud9 View Post
We're screwed. The left was fooled by Obama and the right is being fooled by Trump.
My Simple Life of FREEDOM feels good in My Soul... Good luck CGN Brothers

Last edited by LBDamned; 03-12-2013 at 8:37 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 9:45 AM
Veteran Member

Actually, I tried to take up making things out of paracord... but that got boring really fast and I went straight back to shooting. :P

I do however miss how excited I was when I got my first $300 Nikon scope. Life was miraculous and exciting and I got to see at like 9x magnification! NOTHING COULD STOP ME!!!!

Now I own Premier, S&B, Nightforce etc... and none excite me like that $300 Nikon did....
...Slow, deep breath in followed by two quick, shallow exhales, then one long breath out. It should sound like "HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo...HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo". Once your comfortable with that breathing pattern, try to sync the tempo up with your heart rate. "Lub-dub...HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo... etc". ~ CBruce