Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member

Default PCI Compliance and SSL Certificates

My company is going through PCI Compliance right now and we have an issue. We have our domain www.ourdomain.com for example and our server locally (it's really just a workstation in our workgroup) that we download our orders to. It also downloads credit card information, customer information, etc. We got a response from our PCI scan saying that port 443 doesn't have a trusted SSL cert because it's self signed by our Sonicwall. We use LogMeIn on this port and must have it.

We purchased a SSL certificate from GoDaddy but when generating the CSR request from our Sonicwall we used our WAN IP from the Sonicwall as the Common Name. GoDaddy says you can't use IANA IPs as the CN any longer and that you have to have a domain name associated with it. Does anyone know what I should do here? The GoDaddy site says we can check a box that says it will be used on an internal network but I don't think they will be able to verify the cert that way when they do the port scan. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris
"I like to think there are three measures of a man: How much steak he can eat in one sitting, how full his mustache is and how quickly he can whittle a spear in the event of the apocalypse." - Ron Swanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ Kind
I believe if Jesus owned a sidearm he wouldn't have been crucified.