Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 02-20-2013, 12:31 PM

Default cz452 now in jail

So i just jailed my first CZ firearm, a 452 in 17HMR. I went into my LGS with the intentions to buy a savage but they had one with a simmons aetec scope in on consignment that seems to have hardly been used. After some quick google-fu on the smart phone and some good reviews i decided to buy it. Is there anything i should know about these before shooting. I read the 452 is built better than the new 455 is that true? Also what kind of groups can i expect from this rifle?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:40 PM

I do not know if it is built "better" than the 455, I do know that it is a well respected rifle, but then so is the 455.
Groups should be pretty tight if you do your part after you find the ammo your new 452 likes.
Only one real way to find out and you will find out as soon as you put a few rounds down range.
Congrats.

Last edited by FredoSD; 02-20-2013 at 12:42 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 1:47 PM

455 will actually have better machining fit/finish for the most part. The original gripe with the 455 was that people thought that with the interchangeable barrels, it wouldn't be as accurate as the screw on 452 barrel. Turned out to be unfounded. The 455 had teething problems with tight chambers at first, so it kinda gave em a bad rap. The interchangeable barrel has turned out to be much awesomeness.
Old 02-20-2013, 3:25 PM

Congrats on the 452. They are great rifles. I have on in 22lr with left handed bolt. My experience with groups is that the only thing affecting the grouping is the shooter; the rifle does its job every time with good ammo.
Old 02-20-2013, 9:10 PM

Yepp, 452's and 455's are about equal in accuracy. A modified 10/22 is one of the more accurate rifles out there, and it uses a similar barrel retention system. You can expect sub-MOA groups with match ammo or 1-1.5 in at 100yds with bulk. The people over at the CZ forums did a nice comparison:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=32042.0

From the pics you can see the machining on the 455 is better. One thing I do not like about the 455 is the lack of a middle screw right after the trigger guard. My 455 trigger guard has some flex, and I can feel it when I'm putting pressure on it while shooting offhand. Enjoy your new toy!