Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 4:26 PM

Default Anyone in SoCal done an 80% Ar lower build and want to hold a GTG?

I would in a heartbeat if i had the equipment or the know how. I briefly saw the progress an 80% a friend was building but i was just wondering if anyone ever thought of doing something like that.?

It would be cool to meet people, help each other out, answer questions etc. Maybe a couple night deal over a period of time, throwing money in the pot for some food or something like that.?

if we have a few people looking to do it maybe we could go in on the jigs and split them so to speak? (not sure how that would work...)

Im fighting disability and cancer so i don't have the expendable income to buy the supplies and have everyone over to this tiny place with no tools but i would sell some ammo/pistol or whatever to help get it going???

I just think it would be an awesome idea for a monthly meet and make some AR 80% and discuss/work on other gun related topics.

There was a meet going on in TX where i just moved from and i missed it and thought it was just an awesome idea. I used to have a laser engraving hookup here in socal so imagine buying some 80%ers , engraving whatever you want on it and finishing it with your Calgun friends?

totally throwing it out there. Im trying to think of what i can bring to the table to get an event of some sort going and wish i had the jigs/location available to host such an idea. I'll find something though just haven't put my finger on what.... hmmm.....
Old 12-06-2012, 1:02 PM

I would be interested as well. In addition to adding to the pool of funds I would be willing to help coordinate/set up.
Old 12-06-2012, 4:50 PM

i think it would be great. Im not looking for a free ride. I'll put money in on the plates, food, whatever...

Someone with the skill and some room im sure would be interested in teaching. I sure as heck would if i knew that aspect of the AR building process ya know.
Old 12-06-2012, 6:21 PM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Yugo Made one at a build party here in the LA area. You may want to PM him for the details.

Last edited by RoundEye; 12-16-2012 at 10:07 PM..
Old 12-16-2012, 8:34 PM

<---- 1st post.....Anyhow, I have been looking into building with and 80% lower too. Looks pretty simple to me. Just need a good press with decent tooling and these jigs.

http://www.cncguns.com/tooling.html
Old 12-21-2012, 5:27 PM

There has to be someone that is into building a, 80% with a GTG group of Cal Gunners!....Looks like one hell of a great time and im just curious to see if i can do it!.

Please guys!
Old 12-21-2012, 7:21 PM

I haven't built one yet, but I have the 80% and looking to build it. Not in SoCal, but I'm there once a month (originally form there).
Old 12-21-2012, 8:20 PM

Ares armor does Dailey build parties for $65. Never been, though.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:10 AM

I have a Bridgeport Mill, but no lowers. Ares is sold-out until NOVEMBER. There are a few other vendors and they are all sold out too.

Get me a lower and I'll make my mill available (:
Old 02-16-2013, 1:54 PM

Support Open Source Rapid Prototyping of 80% Lowers

I just ordered one and got this response:

"I just wanted to say thanks for your order, for supporting us and the Second Amendment.

You probably already know, but we are giving 2% of the funds we raise to the NRA to support their continued efforts to fight for "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms..."

With your help we can reach our goal, and the more people who pledge and spread the word, the quicker we will reach it and everyone gets what they came for."
Old 04-14-2013, 7:31 PM

btt

My friends and I have a few lowers that need milling. Anything happening with this? We are all in LA too.

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2013, 8:13 PM

I started last October wanting to Buy a 80% lower so I did tried getting into one of them build parties too many people on the list so in November I bouht my own mini mill since then I have done 6 lowers for myself AR 15 & AR 10 I bought 3 different jigs my advice is find someone who is a true pro gun individual I think with the way things are I would not charge for helping like minded individuals that need help with a gun related project I was military for 19 yrs retired captain usmc anyone needs help if can and have the time ask me I'm there that's what being an American is about too many looking to make profit in these days eck a little electricity aint going to kill your wallet a chance to make new friends pricelesslast week I was looking for another 80% and Ares .is out those guys suck anyways si I went to rohg armory ordered my psperweight on Thursday got it on monday the following week cost 162.00 with shipping not a lot compared to every other price gouging sob out there. So you need help let me know I live near yhr El Monte area in so c
Old 04-15-2013, 8:59 PM

Hey there Notth86 you got.them paperweights done yet?
Old 04-15-2013, 9:01 PM

Let me know if you need help
Old 04-16-2013, 9:09 AM

Hey Sky. Thanks for the offer!! I'll talk with my buddies and see what they want to do.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Banned
CGN Contributor

Anyone ever find a place to do their 80's ?
Old 06-23-2013, 4:24 PM

id be in for that i got a garage and some skill built a couple of ar builds from scratch, and milled a couple of ak receivers that were partially completed aswell. might be able to get a decent press too. Im in the antelope valley but can go anywhere the word takes me. think it will be fun let me know.