Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2013, 1:58 PM
Default Rifle Scope for M700 XCR Tactical Long Range 300 Win Mag

Ordered my first rifle and need help choosing a scope. After doing research in store and all over the web I decided to put the money into the glass and not the rifle. I'll get a precision rifle when I can shoot precision shots. I do need a high quality scope to get there and need your help to narrow down the list.

I found one scope I really liked, it is the Schmidt & Bender 5-25x56 PM II/LP/MTC. The dealer tells me I cannot go wrong, but this scope is $3,700. I phoned Nightforce and they recommend the Atacr. I am sure each factory will recommend something nice, but I would prefer recommendations. Still waiting for a call back from USO.

Since I am a new to shooting long range I want to be sure a scope will work from 100 yrds to 1000 yrds. I would like it to be easy to use and acquire very quickly. I prefer First Focal Plane. My rifle is a M700 XCR Long Range Tactical chambered in 300 Win Mag.

Are there high quality scopes under $3000?
How long can I expect a scope to last?
Are all the scopes as this price range rugged?
What other scopes should I look at?

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.