Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 02-11-2013, 7:59 PM

Glad I saw this thread. I was just looking at one of their listings for a S&W 22 TALO and was considering a bid. Guess I will be bidding on one from TX

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=329135252
Old 02-11-2013, 8:15 PM

Think this is really the seller? This guy is either really dumb or a troll.
Old 02-11-2013, 8:29 PM

Has to be a troll. Or a dumbass. Or a dumbass troll.
Old 02-11-2013, 8:46 PM

I finally found the auction...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=324567425
Old 02-11-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiondude View Post
And look what it says at the bottom of the auction page:

The seller of this item assumes all responsibility for this listing.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 PM

If you read his replies to his negative Gun Broker feedbacks, the customer is ALWAYS wrong. The shop has never made a mistake.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDUG View Post
If you read his replies to his negative Gun Broker feedbacks, the customer is ALWAYS wrong. The shop has never made a mistake.
I noticed this as well, he has like 10 - comments about ****ty communication and he always responds *paraphrasing here* "already got his money so he can **** off"
Old 02-12-2013, 6:28 AM

Free Bump
Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 AM

Well since this transaction seems to have happened, Money Solutions is a complete Delta Bravo. 1) for Reneging 2) for using the OP's name on a forum. A completely crass and unprofessional P.O.S.!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 AM

money solutions just lost another customer.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:49 AM

lol @ this whole thread
Old 02-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Probably PUI
CGN Contributor

I guess I'm in the minority, I think it was a simple mistake on the sellers part and I wouldn't expect him to "honor" the price. He already said that his employee listed the gun incorrectly as a fixed price instead of an auction. 50 minutes later, before anybody even noticed the mistake, it was "bought" by the OP.

Explanations were made, and the OP was disappointed in missing out on a great deal. The OP is not out a single dollar over this. The seller was not deliberately trying to screw anybody.

I've seen a dvd at wal-mart marked as $1.99, but when I wanted to buy it I was told it was supposed to be $19.99 and the employee typed the wrong number into the price tag machine. Should I be totally pissed at wal-mart?

JMO
Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda440 View Post
I guess I'm in the minority, I think it was a simple mistake on the sellers part and I wouldn't expect him to "honor" the price.
Let's see if I remember this correctly-

Years ago (late 60s), the Stockton Ford dealership (Eagle, I think) stuck and ad in the Stockton record with a coupon that said "Good For $100 Off Any New Mustang (?) In Stock" Two young boys happen to have paper routes in town and saw the ad. Their parent's anniversary was coming up, and they wanted to give them something nice, so after school they went back to 30 someodd of their customers and asked if they could have the coupon. They then went down to the dealership with the coupons and tried to 'buy' the car. They got laughed at and told that it was limit, one per customer, and you had to be a licensed driver. They left.

At home, when questioned about why they were so unhappy, they spilled the story about trying to get them a new car. I don't remember if their father was an attorney, or if it was a friend or relative, but regardless, they went back down to check. Nowhere on the coupon did it list the age requirement, nor did in list the limit. I also believe the parents (or somebody) contacted the newspaper, and it hit the paper.

As best I recall, it never went to court, but I think the owner of the dealership realized that it was his mistake, and the bad publicity could easily do more damage to his business than the $3000.

If I recall correctly, they got the car.

You can be as "right" as you want to be, but at what cost?
Old 02-12-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post

What happens in a retail store if you mismark an item? Guess what, you are obligated to sell it for that price.
Really? Show me where that is LAW!

I think this is what he is referring to:

California B&P Code, 12024.2.

(a) It is unlawful for any person, at the time of sale of a commodity, to do any of the following:

(1) Charge an amount greater than the price, or to compute an amount greater than a true extension of a price per unit, that is then advertised, posted, marked, displayed, or quoted for that commodity.

(2) Charge an amount greater than the lowest price posted on the commodity itself or on a shelf tag that corresponds to the commodity, notwithstanding any limitation of the time period for which the posted price is in effect.

(b) A violation of this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than twenty-five dollars ($25) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding one year, or by both, if the violation is willful or grossly negligent, or when the overcharge is more than one dollar ($1).

(c) A violation of this section is an infraction punishable by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars ($100) when the overcharge is one dollar ($1) or less.

(d) As used in subdivisions (b) and (c), "overcharge" means the amount by which the charge for a commodity exceeds a price that is advertised, posted, marked, displayed, or quoted to that consumer for that commodity at the time of sale.

(e) Except as provided in subdivision (f), for purposes of this section, when more than one price for the same commodity is advertised, posted, marked, displayed, or quoted, the person offering the commodity for sale shall charge the lowest of those prices.

(f) Pricing may be subject to a condition of sale, such as membership in a retailer-sponsored club, the purchase of a minimum quantity, or the purchase of multiples of the same item, provided that the condition is conspicuously posted in the same location as the price.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...le=12001-12027
Old 02-12-2013, 1:16 PM
Veteran Member

You sound like the 14 year old version of me. "It wasn't my fault, it was the other guys". It's your business, you are responsible for oversight and make sure everything is correct. It is your employee that is at fault, and you need to have some integrity and ethics and go along with the sale.

Boohoo about about the Obama economy btw, spare us the pathetic excuse.
Nice of you to demonize Walmart customers as well, you sure seem the like stand up guy.

Honest mistakes DO happen, and you should own up for those mistakes that you or your employee made. Retailers who place wrong tags on an item, have to sell that item for the correct price, why should you be the exception? You posted for a specific price, and a buyer took it. Man up and sell the item at the posted price. Integrity is worth more than a few dollars as a vendor.

Shame on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneysolutions View Post
Johnnyringos claims of getting screwed are a little exaggerated to say the least. We are the dealer that had that firearm and one of our guys made an honest mistake listing the item on gunbroker. He used an old listing and relisted it as a fixed price but it should have been an auction with the price as the starting price. If youíve sold on gunbroker you know that you canít change the method from fixed price to auction when relisting an item which he didnít realize. So with the mistake it sold before someone could see the mistake and correct it. So Robert/Johnnyringo called us and at that time I personally tried to explain it was a mistake but he wasnít having any of that. He started getting abusive and demanded to speak to the owner/manager well to his surprise he had been speaking with me all along.
Weíve all seen the crazies at the Walmart customer counter and other places like that where the customers are acting a fool. For some reason weíve grown to tolerate that in our society.
On the charge of price gouging I'm not sure how that applies, when you sell something at auction you allow the buyer to determine the price and its not like we put a gun to anyoneís head, we dont even know the internet buyers. With the corrupt politicians trying to ban all these guns along with the manufacturers not being able to meet the demand prices will go up. If as consumers we donít understand that itís the simple supply and demand curve we need to read an economic book maybe one from Milton Freidman would be a good start.
As a buyer does anyone realize the fact that when our stores are bare and inventory is nonexistent like right now that our overhead continues, employee wages are still there. Landlords arenít coming in and saying oh donít worry about it because rents free until you can get product in to sell whenever that is. The electric, phone & water company still sends you bills and they donít care. As a result of this frenzy it will undoubtedly cause many local gun shops to close.
We would love to be able to sell guns under cost because of a mistake but I donít know how you do that JohnnyringoÖ..A gun that we canít even get at a price close to that. Honest mistakes will happen from time to timeÖ.
And Johnnyringo we are not a pawnbroker, dont try to make us out to be something that what we are not, making these false characterizations trying to demonize us. We are just a small business struggling in this Obama economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
OP you are an uninformed tool.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 02-12-2013, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo124 View Post
I got screwed over on Gunroker.com by a dealer FFL out of Louisville, KY. I bought a saiga 12 shotgun a few weeks ago. He accepted my buy now bid for $759.00. Then he sent me a acceptance email the next day. He then called me and said, "No, I can't sell you this gun. The price was a mistake". I called him on it and he became arguementative, swearing at me. He told me to go to walmart. NICE guy! Buyer beware of "Money solutions". His company is Auctions ASAP. He's a glorified pawnbroker. Scammer! ANYWAY, I am looking for a saiga 12 at a resaonable price. Good luck I guess. let me know. I emailed Gunbroker about the complaint. Good luck with that too. Im sooooo pissed! Price gouging.
Did you get your money back atleast?
Old 02-12-2013, 1:48 PM

What I learned from this thread..

1. Moneysolutions has no concept how to structure an anology.

2. Dont buy anything or let friends buy anything from Moneysolutions.
Old 02-12-2013, 3:00 PM

If the gun was so obviuosly under priced it may have been an accident.. Maybe they could have compensated you with a gift certificate or credits or something to make up for it atleast..??

But IMHO to be "screwed"
1) cheated you an stole your money without delivering product
2) sold you a damaged product
Old 02-12-2013, 3:06 PM

Hey Money Solutions....
Could you answer me before you answer Adonis again....

Question....

How much are you or did you selling/sell the item for since the "mistake" was made????
Old 02-12-2013, 3:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdblu View Post
And look what it says at the bottom of the auction page:

The seller of this item assumes all responsibility for this listing.
So does this mean the buyer has some sort of legal recourse?

-Mb
Old 02-12-2013, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun toting monkeyboy View Post
So does this mean the buyer has some sort of legal recourse?

-Mb
I am not sure of the rules for Gunbroker as I have never used them, but I have and do use eBay, which uses a similar format. If I as the seller post a price, even as a mistake and a buyer agrees to that price, it is a binding contract and I have to honor that. I have in the past forgot to add or have incorrectly added shipping costs to which I just had to eat it. Sometimes at a loss. As unforntunate as that may be, my reputation by feedback for future transactions is more important. I just chaulk it up as lesson learned.
Legally, and I am no lawyer, I think the seller is at fault. The buyer placed a bid and was accepted by the seller. According to the OP, the seller then sent a comfirmation email. Unless the OP failed to make payment, this is a binding contract.
The unfortunate part as far legal recourse is the lawyers and court fees, especially across state lines will eat up more time and money than the transaction is worth.

This is from Gunbroker's site for Sellers responsibilities:
Sellers’ Rules

1. Listing. Once you list an Item for auction it becomes an irrevocable offer to sell the Item to the winning bidder. Once there is a winning bid, you have a binding legal agreement to sell the listed Item to the winning bidder under the User Agreement, these Site Rules, and according to the terms of your listing for the Item. Once you list an Item and receive a winning bid, you cannot withdraw it from sale. Please carefully consider these obligations before you place an Item for auction.

Found here:
http://www.gunbroker.com/User/SiteRules.aspx

Last edited by sdblu; 02-12-2013 at 5:33 PM.. Reason: Add info
Old 02-12-2013, 5:38 PM
Banned

Well, it seems the OP no longer is interested in this thread, and Money Solutions has just found out that not all solutions are good.

This thread will live on in infamy on the internet. The seller will change his name on GB, and hope no one puts two and two together.

Time to move on, I guess.
Old 02-12-2013, 5:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Very entertaining and educational thread.

moneysolutions = no business from me....
Old 02-12-2013, 7:32 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

There's a whole bunch of people here that don't really understand contract law. Y'all need to review the legal concept called "unilateral mistake," and pay particular attention to Donovan v. RRL (27 P.3d 702 (2001)).

No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic68220_5.gif
Old 02-12-2013, 7:33 PM
Veteran Member

Christ, are you guys still crying abut this?

News flash, sometimes life isn't fair, get over it.
Old 02-13-2013, 2:00 AM

So if I mistake my gas pedal for my brake and drive up on my neighbors lawn and kill his cat and total his car I'm not liable ?!? Or would I have to have a employee to it so I can hide behind his "honest" mistake ?

FOR SALE ! STREAMLIGHT TLR-1 HP W/ REMOTE SWITCH & MAGPUL STOCK & KYDEX SIG P228 / P229 HOLSTER : CLICK HERE ! : http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...8#post18089758
Old 02-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.Steele View Post
There's a whole bunch of people here that don't really understand contract law. Y'all need to review the legal concept called "unilateral mistake," and pay particular attention to Donovan v. RRL (27 P.3d 702 (2001)).
This is why many of us are following the thread. Instead of telling us that we don't understand the law (duh, we know that), give us the clif notes version.

-Mb
Old 02-13-2013, 2:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
are you guys still crying abut this?

News flash, sometimes life isn't fair, get over it.
Hard not to agree with Brad on this one. Can't believe I just typed that.

Old 02-13-2013, 2:52 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome to the dark side, my friend
Old 02-13-2013, 8:10 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gun toting monkeyboy View Post
This is why many of us are following the thread. Instead of telling us that we don't understand the law (duh, we know that), give us the clif notes version.

-Mb

I sort of just did, really. This should give you a pretty exhaustive set of information.

No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic68220_5.gif
Old 02-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Wow, let me goole that for you as a response. Nice. Not especially helpful for a quick rundown on it though. More of a cop out, really, showing that you would rather sit there and be smug than bother to type out a couple of sentences. In the time that it took you to go to that link, cut it and past it in here, you could have said something simple like "He has no case because of _____." Perhaps instead of being snarky and telling us we don't have a clue, next time you will take a minute and give us a quick explanation instead of links. And then a repeat of the link when we ask for a synopsis.

-Mb
Old 02-14-2013, 12:03 PM

This thread sucks, and needs to die.

Since it won't, I am now going to hijack it.

This morning I shot a 23 out of 25 at the trap range, with my 20" Wingmaster.

Not bad for a noob, amirite???
Old 02-14-2013, 1:25 PM
Veteran Member

Now we need to argue about chokes or 7.5 vs. 8
Old 02-14-2013, 1:51 PM

Yeah, let's do that.

What choke do you prefer, I was talking to one of the R.O.'s at the trap range and he said he uses a skeet choke for EVERYTHING.

My new Wingmaster barrel came with three different chokes, but did not include a skeet.
Old 02-14-2013, 5:28 PM
Probably PUI
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by m16 View Post
Yeah, let's do that.

What choke do you prefer, I was talking to one of the R.O.'s at the trap range and he said he uses a skeet choke for EVERYTHING.

My new Wingmaster barrel came with three different chokes, but did not include a skeet.
Well, the only choke that actually does anything is a Muller U2, all of the other brands are worthless.

BTW, I handload my shells with custom precision made 7 3/4 shot
Old 02-14-2013, 8:36 PM
Veteran Member

Only a buffoon would use 7 3/4,

7 7/8 is where it's at
Old 02-14-2013, 10:30 PM

Well I hope some sort of an agreement comes from all this... I do agree tht moneysolutions did make a mistake that they should own upto... Not saying give the gun at that low of a price but maybe a free gift or a Gift certificate or store credit or other free stuff around $100 to $200??
Old 02-15-2013, 10:19 AM

Same thing happened to me here in calguns. I don't bother to leave negative feedback, but i'm seriously considering it from now on. There seems to be alot of new members these days, and alot of them don't follow the rules. Annoying

"Gun control is like trying
to reduce drunk driving
by making it tougher for
sober people to own cars"
Old 02-15-2013, 12:01 PM

Something similar happened over this past black friday with a company called Tactical Assault Gear. They accidentally listed their sale for 90% off or something like that. Of course they wanted to cancel all the orders, but in the end, they honored their mistake. Customers received their orders.

My friend received his load out bag advanced for $40. List price is nearly $700.

http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore....gadvanced.aspx
Old 02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
In Memoriam
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Anyone know how much Moneysolutions would pay wholesale for the SG?

My view would be that if he wasn't losing money on the sale (not potential profits, but actual selling for less than he paid) he should honor the deal.

I've done just that, I quoted someone too large a discount, and as a result I wouldn't make any money on the sale. It did teach me to be more careful on quotes/