Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-08-2013, 1:46 AM
bigguns85 bigguns85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,126
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default gun building

https://citadelgunandsafe.com/cart/s...s-stock-black/

So I have a question about making a gun from scratch. I am wondering if it is legal to build an uzi or skorpion? I have seen kits online but want to know if they are ca legal. Also I am wondering is this legal in calie? (see link.)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-08-2013, 6:26 AM
Arisaka's Avatar
Arisaka Arisaka is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tear-assing around 'Nam, looking for the ****
Posts: 2,163
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Sure you can build an Uzi or Skorpion. But that Beretta stock is a no go without an SBR stamp as far as I know.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-08-2013, 5:58 PM
bigguns85 bigguns85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,126
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

could I have an under folding stock for the uzi and an over folding stock for the skorpion? aslo is that carbine kit legal for a handgun or does it make it into an illegal short barreled rifle?

Last edited by bigguns85; 02-08-2013 at 11:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:22 PM
bigguns85 bigguns85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,126
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

anyone know? bump
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 PM
JeremyS's Avatar
JeremyS JeremyS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 2,015
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguns85 View Post
https://citadelgunandsafe.com/cart/s...s-stock-black/

Also I am wondering is this legal in cali? (see link.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguns85 View Post
could I have an under folding stock for the uzi and an over folding stock for the skorpion? aslo is that carbine kit legal for a handgun or does it make it into an illegal short barreled rifle?
NOT Legal. No, no, no. NO stocks on pistols. That is, without approval from the ATF and payment of your $200 NFA tax stamp. Adding a shoulder stock to a pistol makes it a Short Barrel Rifle, which is a Class III (NFA-regulated) firearm. Doing this would be a Federal felony, punishable by 10 years in Federal Prison.

Additionally, California doesn't allow SBR's no matter what, so you cannot go through the legal steps to get this in your state anyway. Federally they are okay, but the States can still ban them. Unfortunately, even in WA here SBR's are not allowed. I do have a suppressor now that I have moved here, and some other NFA items are okay, but no SBR's here either


Now... all of that said, you CAN have a folding (regardless of over, under, or to the side) stock on an Uzi or Skorpion IF if has at least a 16" barrel and, with the stock folded, still meets minimum overall length requirements of a rifle. In this case, yes, it would be a rifle. You can purchase lots of Uzi variants that are legally rifles. This is the only way to have a shoulder stock and avoid NFA regulations.
__________________
Escaped to WA



My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JeremyS; 02-08-2013 at 11:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2013, 9:28 PM
bigguns85 bigguns85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,126
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyS View Post
NOT Legal. No, no, no. NO stocks on pistols. That is, without approval from the ATF and payment of your $200 NFA tax stamp. Adding a shoulder stock to a pistol makes it a Short Barrel Rifle, which is a Class III (NFA-regulated) firearm. Doing this would be a Federal felony, punishable by 10 years in Federal Prison.

Additionally, California doesn't allow SBR's no matter what, so you cannot go through the legal steps to get this in your state anyway. Federally they are okay, but the States can still ban them. Unfortunately, even in WA here SBR's are not allowed. I do have a suppressor now that I have moved here, and some other NFA items are okay, but no SBR's here either


Now... all of that said, you CAN have a folding (regardless of over, under, or to the side) stock on an Uzi or Skorpion IF if has at least a 16" barrel and, with the stock folded, still meets minimum overall length requirements of a rifle. In this case, yes, it would be a rifle. You can purchase lots of Uzi variants that are legally rifles. This is the only way to have a shoulder stock and avoid NFA regulations.
So I can have the Uzi and Skorpion with the folding fram stocks say with a 6 or 7 inch barrel?

Also what is the gun laws like in WA im thinking of moving there. Do you know of any website like calguns for washington? are you allowed to have hi cap mags?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 PM
SMR510's Avatar
SMR510 SMR510 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 877
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyS View Post
you CAN have a folding stock IF it has at least a 16" barrel and, with the stock folded, still meets minimum overall length requirements of a rifle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguns85 View Post
So I can have the Uzi and Skorpion with the folding fram stocks say with a 6 or 7 inch barrel?
Your question has already been answered.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:31 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.