Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > O.C. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:32 PM
madjack956's Avatar
madjack956 madjack956 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ORANGE COUNTY
Posts: 2,071
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Thanks all for the feedback on the brass situation. Much appreciated!
__________________
Paralyzed Veterans of America www.pva.org
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 PM
DPmax DPmax is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 331
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I've been there a few times and if you tell the RO you'll be collecting your brass when you setup in your lane they seem to be real good about not sweeping it away.
__________________
Never follow the advice of Calguns Addicts,
They clearly don't know what they are talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-23-2013, 6:54 AM
lgm118icbm's Avatar
lgm118icbm lgm118icbm is offline
CGSSA Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 1,073
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lc17smp View Post
The staff was great. Helpful while still doing their job. And they have no problem with you collecting brass. I look forward to the next one. Great job putting this shoot together. What was the prize for the top shot?
I'm glad everyone had a good time! It really is a nice facility. Ventilation is awesome and having the table area was a nice meeting place for pizza and chit-chat.

Congratulations to Jason who won the top shot! At the beginning of the night he was completely off paper, but with a little instruction, he won TOP SHOT!!!

He won an OC Armory T-Shirt, two packs of Mother's Cookies, a Hello Kitty statue, and a few CMP targets.
__________________
Kevin
------------------------------------------
Show your support and fight for your rights!
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

Get your Carry License!!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-23-2013, 7:10 AM
repo4sale's Avatar
repo4sale repo4sale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 92658&96815
Posts: 1,487
iTrader: 35 / 95%
Default Glad everyone enjoyed the NEW BUILDING/BUSINESS!

The owners: Greg & His Daughter want us to continue this event! I think our polite positive & nice attitude was our selling pitch. Sharing some of the pizza with the staff was good too (sales/relationships). Next time can we try for a Potluck? Please!!! Why??? Well Jan2012 we had a shoot at Burro Canyon! 50 showed up but no Potluck or BBQ. So I pushed and begged and suggested! I'm kinda good at sales and working deals.... The next Burro Canyon Shoot was 100% better with over 50 showing up and too much food and FUN with guns, people and POTLUCK-BBQ. This was better than a tailgate party!!
------------------------
So.... let's ad 1 extra benefit... No BBQ but can we try for a small POTLUCK item enough for 1.5 people? LOOK AT THE BENEFITS! SAY 20-30 SHOW UP! WOW! WE TALKING LIKE REAL BUFFET FOR EVERYONE IN THE LOUNGE! THIS WOULD BE FANTASTIC TOO FOR EVERYONE SHOOTING! WE CAN START THE EATS AT 6PM, SHOOT FROM 630-9PM!
---------------------------
If you talk to the Burro Canyon Crowd, they really consider the BBQ potluck as 50% of the fun there, it's outdoors with real propane fire! But the potluck @ this NEW INDOOR RANGE WOULD BE JUST AS FUN FOR US! WITH THE NEW BUILDING AND 2ND PARKING LOT, YES THERE IS A 2ND PARKING LOT!
----------------------------
SEE YOU GUYS AT BURRO CANYON THIS 27TH JAN2013 SUNDAY!!!
IF YOU NEED ME FOR COSTA MESA STAFF ON 26TH, I'M GAME WITH MY CALGUNS SHIRT FOR MARKETING.
---------------------------
YOURS TRULY, JOHNJASONCHUN.COM
ORIGINAL GOLD MEMBER @ FIELD TIME
----------------------------
__________________
Calling 911 is for Victims!
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-jason-chun/12/270/860
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-23-2013, 7:51 AM
ported.40SA ported.40SA is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I attended as one of lc17smp's guests as well... I had a great time, the staff was very friendly and helpful... thanks for putting it together and I plan to be at the next one
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-23-2013, 9:11 AM
ported.40SA ported.40SA is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

A shot of bdkelz with the 500 magnum


[ATTACH]




Not sure why tapatalk is posting pic sideways...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1358964553648.jpg (17.9 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by ported.40SA; 01-23-2013 at 9:14 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:40 PM
TacoTodd's Avatar
TacoTodd TacoTodd is offline
CGSSA Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 562
Posts: 584
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I was with my gf and met you guys/gals sat afternoon at the OC show. Btw you were very friendly and informative people. You told me (I forgot your name) you usually shoot the first Tues of the month at Field time in Stanton. I see there is a group going to a range in Laguna. Is this just a special trip to a new range this month? Being that i'm in Cerritos and Laguna is a little far for me. I am interested in attending the field time monthly shoots though.
__________________
NRA Member


Insight Shooting Range Monthly Shoot Dec 17th
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-28-2013, 8:31 AM
lgm118icbm's Avatar
lgm118icbm lgm118icbm is offline
CGSSA Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 1,073
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTodd View Post
I was with my gf and met you guys/gals sat afternoon at the OC show. Btw you were very friendly and informative people. You told me (I forgot your name) you usually shoot the first Tues of the month at Field time in Stanton. I see there is a group going to a range in Laguna. Is this just a special trip to a new range this month? Being that i'm in Cerritos and Laguna is a little far for me. I am interested in attending the field time monthly shoots though.
I was one of the guys there on Saturday. Glad you stopped by!

We run two monthly shoots in Orange County:
The monthly Stanton shoot is typically the 4th Tuesday of the month.
The monthly Laguna Niguel shoot is typically the 2nd Friday of the month.

Stanton looks much closer for you. Our next one will be 2/26 @ 6:30pm. Check back in the OC forum as we get closer. There will be an event posting with all the info and a guest list where you can sign up you and your guests to attend.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
__________________
Kevin
------------------------------------------
Show your support and fight for your rights!
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

Get your Carry License!!

Last edited by lgm118icbm; 01-28-2013 at 8:38 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-29-2013, 4:22 AM
repo4sale's Avatar
repo4sale repo4sale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 92658&96815
Posts: 1,487
iTrader: 35 / 95%
Default

Are we scheduling the 3rd or 4th Tuesday of Feb2013????
Are we doing POTLUCK or "pizza"???
__________________
Calling 911 is for Victims!
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-jason-chun/12/270/860
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-29-2013, 6:48 AM
lgm118icbm's Avatar
lgm118icbm lgm118icbm is offline
CGSSA Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 1,073
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo4sale View Post
Are we scheduling the 3rd or 4th Tuesday of Feb2013????
Are we doing POTLUCK or "pizza"???
It will be the 4th Tuesday. I'm fine with a Potluck but I have a feeling pizza or some other type of "chip in $5" food will work better for most people (especially on a weeknight). I will put it out for vote when I open the new thread.
__________________
Kevin
------------------------------------------
Show your support and fight for your rights!
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

Get your Carry License!!
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-30-2013, 1:03 AM
V8toytruck's Avatar
V8toytruck V8toytruck is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,945
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Im in, get to pick up my 686 this weekend and give it a shot or two. Is a mass PM going out?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-30-2013, 8:30 AM
lgm118icbm's Avatar
lgm118icbm lgm118icbm is offline
CGSSA Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 1,073
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8toytruck View Post
Im in, get to pick up my 686 this weekend and give it a shot or two. Is a mass PM going out?
I will start a new thread for February's shoot with event and signup information. I will wait until the South OC shoot happens so there isn't overlap to cause confusion.
__________________
Kevin
------------------------------------------
Show your support and fight for your rights!
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

Get your Carry License!!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-06-2013, 7:59 AM
repo4sale's Avatar
repo4sale repo4sale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 92658&96815
Posts: 1,487
iTrader: 35 / 95%
Default

Are we going to do the 4th Tuesday, Feb 26th????
__________________
Calling 911 is for Victims!
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-jason-chun/12/270/860
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-06-2013, 7:00 PM
lgm118icbm's Avatar
lgm118icbm lgm118icbm is offline
CGSSA Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 1,073
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo4sale View Post
Are we going to do the 4th Tuesday, Feb 26th????
Yup. I'll open it up after the Laguna Niguel shoot happens.
__________________
Kevin
------------------------------------------
Show your support and fight for your rights!
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

Get your Carry License!!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-06-2013, 8:38 PM
madjack956's Avatar
madjack956 madjack956 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ORANGE COUNTY
Posts: 2,071
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I feel I have to right a wrong that I committed.

Back in this thread in posts #30 & #33, I had voiced an opinion, and a bit of an attitude concerning range brass at Field Time.

I was of the opinion that the staff was a bit hasty in sweeping brass into the lanes before it could be retrieved and felt it may have been done on purpose and also questioned that they may have a policy of keeping all the brass that hits the floor.

I recieved some replies stating that this was not true from some Calgunners.

Well, today I visited the range and told the range employee with the broom that I would in fact like to keep my brass.

His name was Doug, and he immediately cleaned the floor of all brass to make it easier for me to retrieve mine, and then handed me my own broom to retrieve it in any manner I wished.

His gesture pleased me very much to say the least, as like every reloader I spend a lot of time and money when it comes to brass.

We ended up talking about different .45's, tactical shooting, and retirement. Very nice guy and definately made me dispell any previous opinions I had about their policies.

Anyway, I was big enough to carry on a bit negatively earlier about Field Time, and now feel I must be just as big in saying I was very wrong with my opinion and attitude.

I will be going back as much as possible, as it is not far from my home.
__________________
Paralyzed Veterans of America www.pva.org
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-07-2013, 7:36 AM
lgm118icbm's Avatar
lgm118icbm lgm118icbm is offline
CGSSA Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 1,073
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack956 View Post
I will be going back as much as possible, as it is not far from my home.
Last month's shoot was my first experience with them but I couldn't have been more pleased with the staff and their professionalism. It is a really nice facility so I'm glad you gave them a second look. Hopefully you can make it out to our February shoot.
__________________
Kevin
------------------------------------------
Show your support and fight for your rights!
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

Get your Carry License!!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-07-2013, 7:57 AM
propman07's Avatar
propman07 propman07 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 614
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

madjack956-

I'm glad that you had a positive experience at FT. I've met Doug before, as he has had to remind me about the two second rule in between shots that I "occasionally" forget. I've always had a good experience there, and I'm glad that you did as well. Nice of you to post here as well, as I'm sure that a lot of Calgunners value the opinions of other members. I'm a new member, and new to the sport as well, and I know that I get a lot of information from this site, and appreciate the opinions of all of the members here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack956 View Post
I feel I have to right a wrong that I committed.

Back in this thread in posts #30 & #33, I had voiced an opinion, and a bit of an attitude concerning range brass at Field Time.

I was of the opinion that the staff was a bit hasty in sweeping brass into the lanes before it could be retrieved and felt it may have been done on purpose and also questioned that they may have a policy of keeping all the brass that hits the floor.

I recieved some replies stating that this was not true from some Calgunners.

Well, today I visited the range and told the range employee with the broom that I would in fact like to keep my brass.

His name was Doug, and he immediately cleaned the floor of all brass to make it easier for me to retrieve mine, and then handed me my own broom to retrieve it in any manner I wished.

His gesture pleased me very much to say the least, as like every reloader I spend a lot of time and money when it comes to brass.

We ended up talking about different .45's, tactical shooting, and retirement. Very nice guy and definately made me dispell any previous opinions I had about their policies.

Anyway, I was big enough to carry on a bit negatively earlier about Field Time, and now feel I must be just as big in saying I was very wrong with my opinion and attitude.

I will be going back as much as possible, as it is not far from my home.
__________________

- David
http://www.dlvphotography.com
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Low Light's Avatar
Low Light Low Light is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 712
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

I think there was mention of making this a Thursday or Friday night event, based on turnout. Any possibility of that happening in the future?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-07-2013, 1:13 PM
lgm118icbm's Avatar
lgm118icbm lgm118icbm is offline
CGSSA Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 1,073
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Light View Post
I think there was mention of making this a Thursday or Friday night event, based on turnout. Any possibility of that happening in the future?
Anything is possible but no changes are planned in the near future. Keep in mind we just had our first shoot, so changes now would be a bit premature.

Fridays are served by our South OC shoot if you can't attend on Tuesdays.
__________________
Kevin
------------------------------------------
Show your support and fight for your rights!
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

Get your Carry License!!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-07-2013, 2:34 PM
BlackLoTuS's Avatar
BlackLoTuS BlackLoTuS is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 95
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Where are you guys posting about the burro canyon shoots? I'm only finding out about them after the fact...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 02-07-2013, 7:16 PM
madjack956's Avatar
madjack956 madjack956 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ORANGE COUNTY
Posts: 2,071
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propman07 View Post
madjack956-

I'm glad that you had a positive experience at FT. I've met Doug before, as he has had to remind me about the two second rule in between shots that I "occasionally" forget. I've always had a good experience there, and I'm glad that you did as well. Nice of you to post here as well, as I'm sure that a lot of Calgunners value the opinions of other members. I'm a new member, and new to the sport as well, and I know that I get a lot of information from this site, and appreciate the opinions of all of the members here.
Welcome to the forum and taking responsibility for you and your families safety.

This is truly a great sight with great people. A lot of that credit goes to those who manage it.

Its the only place I can go to find out and keep up to date of whats going on with my rights with a minimum amount of B.S..
__________________
Paralyzed Veterans of America www.pva.org
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-08-2013, 7:42 AM
repo4sale's Avatar
repo4sale repo4sale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 92658&96815
Posts: 1,487
iTrader: 35 / 95%
Default

I like talking to GREG (Owner) & His Daughter more.....
__________________
Calling 911 is for Victims!
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-jason-chun/12/270/860
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-08-2013, 8:19 AM
lgm118icbm's Avatar
lgm118icbm lgm118icbm is offline
CGSSA Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 1,073
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLoTuS View Post
Where are you guys posting about the burro canyon shoots?
The official CG events are posted:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=170

Casual meetups are posted:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=115
__________________
Kevin
------------------------------------------
Show your support and fight for your rights!
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

Get your Carry License!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:35 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.