Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Ventura Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 7:21 PM

Default Ventura Gun Show Feb. 9&10

Anyone know if there will be booths at the upcomming gunshow at the fairgrounds that will be selling reloading components, such as: powders, primers, projectiles?

I went to the last one, however there was only one booth, that i can remember, that had half empty tins of powder.

Any opinions on how the show will be? normal? packed? dead? just curious.
Old 02-03-2013, 7:22 PM

I went to this show a few years ago and it is really small. I dont know the answer to your question.
Old 02-03-2013, 8:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitcheyRch View Post
I went to this show a few years ago and it is really small. I dont know the answer to your question.
A lot has changed. The Crossroads show is the now the larger of the two shows in Ventura. The Roadrunner show is now the smaller show.

Anyway, yes, I am sure there will be reloading booth(s), but as with everything else, expect to see lines, high prices and "we're sold out"...
Old 02-03-2013, 9:48 PM

Yea I know it got a lot bigger. the last one i went to was 3 buildings! But they didnt have powders. I was quite disappointed, Im just hoping I dont have to drive 2 hours for the same thing. I do alot of reloading so that is my main interest when i head to gunshows. there is another one in Santa Barbara this coming weekend also i guess. I wonder how that one will be. Its 1 hour closer to home. Maybe ill stop by both who knows
Old 02-03-2013, 9:59 PM

Yeah, the last show was terrible for reloaders. I'm trying to decide if I even want to face the masses this coming weekend to see what I can get my hands on. Anyways, I have been checking the local shops (1 in Camarillo, 2 in Santa Barbara) whenever I am in their areas and have be able to scrap together 2lbs of HS-6, 1lb H335, and 1lb CFE223 so keep trying and good luck with the hunt!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:03 PM

yea i use mostly IMR4064 IMR4831 and H110 but everywhere i go they are sold out. i was able to skim by with 1lb of Accurate 4064 that i came by.. pressures arent as high so velocity drops about 100fps. but no big deal when its just plinking. I might just check the one in santa barbara out because I just remembered last time I showed up at 10ish and the parking lot was packed! Im in thinking the same as you; dont know if i want to be a part of the mob.