Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-31-2013, 2:08 PM

Default vote vote vote

my fellow CalGunners I urge you to vote at every, be it a local or national election . I am pointing out the mess we are in is due to the lack of electing representatives that believe in the same values that most of us in this form believe in too.WE cannot squander a vote because we are to lazy to get off our asses and go out and vote.Vote these idiots out of office and stop them from getting into office start at the bottom do not allow them to be elected to school boards, city councils, county supervisors,etc. THIS IS THE DEMOS perfect storm they have a President that is not afraid of using his office to get his agenda pushed down the throats of the American people In California we are going too take a hit with the DEMS in a super majority they are going to push Laws that will effect every one of us I hope I AM WRONG BUT DO NOT BE SHOCKED IF WE SEE LAWS ON AMMO, MAG RESTRICTIONS, TAXES ON AMMO .LICENSE AND FEES FOR BUYING AMMO AND CLOSING THE WEB ON AMMO SALES .BE STRONG AND TELL A FRIEND TOO TELL A FRIEND TO GET OUT AND VOTE VOTE' DONATE TO LIKE GROUPS calguns NRA ETC.
Old 01-31-2013, 2:15 PM

Imagine how awesome CA would be if we had only elected Republicans like NY.

We can dream, right?
Old 01-31-2013, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Bergeron View Post

We can dream, right?
This was the best laugh I've had all day.

Seriously though, every year I vote and every year the progressive sheep out-vote me. I guess there are just too many in this state that prefer to be subjects instead of citizens...

-Ruskie
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-Hon. Alex Kozinski (Silvera v Lockyer, 2003)
Old 01-31-2013, 2:36 PM
Resident Pork Rind Expert
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by a ok joe View Post
wall of text WITH ALL CAPS
Vote? Is there an election going on?
Old 01-31-2013, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Bergeron View Post

We can dream, right?
You mean like Reagan, Dukemajian, and Arnold. All republicans that took away our gun rights.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You mean like Reagan, Dukemajian, and Arnold. All republicans that took away our gun rights.
He was being sarcastic.

Romans 1:16 - 32

Old 02-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member

gee, ya think? i agree, resistance seems futile. too many sheeple.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
aw come on, just snuggle up to a American hating liberal . it will make you feel better.
Old 02-01-2013, 3:44 PM

WELL WELL LOOKS LIKE I DID GET SOME RESPONSES LAUGH ALL YOU WANT ,I WILL CONTD. TO VOICE MY OPINION AND TELL THEM TO GET OUT THERE AND VOTE ON EVERY THING . REMEMBER LONI HANCOCK OF BERKELEY STARTED OFF AS A COUNCIL MEMBER OF BERKELEY AND NOW SHE IS AN ASSEMBLY WOMAN VOTING HER PROGRESSIVE WAY .THESES.REPTILES START SMALL I KNOW BUT IF YOU JUST SEAT ON YOUR FAT *** AND COMPLAIN THEN THE **** HITS YOU IN THE FACE .HAVE A NICE DAY
Old 02-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Veteran Member

only missed one election in 38 years. i go through the motions but dispair at the results.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:21 PM

I vote, but we are outnumbered here...
Old 02-01-2013, 10:57 PM

well lemme put it this way since i have seen how many sheriff's have sold us out, i will be taking MORE of an interest in voting more so than just who is president, senator etc.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 PM

With California turning out considerably less than 50% of eligible voters, and far less than that in local elections, things run out of control quickly. The truth is, most of the people won't vote in their next local election. Many can't even name their city council members. Many lack a fundamental understanding of the overwhelming responsibility it takes to participate in our republic. It takes a lot of time to keep up and make informed decisions.

If everyone on these boards alone would turn out and vote in a local election, it might just make a difference. In some elections that are decided by several hundred votes in municipalities, it is important that everyone get involved. One municipality at a time, we can take this state back. It's not a Democrat thing ("the ones that want to take your guns") or a Republican things ("the ones who want to stop you from voting"), its about protecting our freedoms, regardless of party.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:15 AM

Terrible representatives that have been elected from the GOP are just that terrible representatives, they get supported by the power structure because it is the belief they can win an election. Once in office their moderate progressive lip service fiscal conservative nature fully manifests itself and we are stuck again.

The answer is strong grassroots constitutional conservatives supporting like minded representative at the local then state offices and finally national.

Post Nov 2012 elections I attended a meeting where Mark Meckler spoke, he tried to encourage some very very discouraged conservative voters, with results from other states and districts that are applying a grassroots strategy that starts with school board and local elections, and higher elected offices follow.

He now represents Citizens for Self Governance. He would be an excellent resource on how to get organized to win this war.
Old 02-02-2013, 1:39 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootuser View Post
With California turning out considerably less than 50% of eligible voters, and far less than that in local elections, things run out of control quickly. The truth is, most of the people won't vote in their next local election. Many can't even name their city council members. Many lack a fundamental understanding of the overwhelming responsibility it takes to participate in our republic. It takes a lot of time to keep up and make informed decisions.

If everyone on these boards alone would turn out and vote in a local election, it might just make a difference. In some elections that are decided by several hundred votes in municipalities, it is important that everyone get involved. One municipality at a time, we can take this state back. It's not a Democrat thing ("the ones that want to take your guns") or a Republican things ("the ones who want to stop you from voting"), its about protecting our freedoms, regardless of party.
Well said.

When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic110666_7.gif