Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 01-25-2013, 7:25 AM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyme View Post
Is this 4 points for the bonus even though they are separate?
All 4 shots have to touch for it to score as 4 points. Excellent shooting in any case. Looks like 2 bonus points.
Old 01-25-2013, 2:26 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy43 View Post
All 4 shots have to touch for it to score as 4 points. Excellent shooting in any case. Looks like 2 bonus points.
Acceptable. I just figured since 2 holes touching gets 2 points and there are 2 of them...just trying to beat 10x on the pistol for once. I'll try and get back to the range this weekend and pump out some better scores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10xhobby View Post
NICE SHOOTINN TEX.. I am happy that the new pistol works well for the bench rest, now shoot some offhand with it. I love this kind of competition it's why I shoot these matches, I wish more people would join in. Awesome job Tim.
I'll use one of your pistols for offhand. U wanna shoot on Sunday? 9AM?
Old 01-25-2013, 7:59 PM

Lets see if I scored this right. Got hit by cabin fever and decided to go shoot the 15 yrd pistol. Ruger 22/45, bench no bags, CCi 36 gr. Mini Mags, zero power red dot.
90? Lost one round to a flier (bottom left target), no idea where that one went

Old 01-26-2013, 8:15 AM

Quote:
Acceptable. I just figured since 2 holes touching gets 2 points and there are 2 of them...just trying to beat 10x on the pistol for once. I'll try and get back to the range this weekend and pump out some better scores.

I'll use one of your pistols for offhand. U wanna shoot on Sunday? 9AM?
Hey Tim, I would love to go Sunday but I am going to the GoKart track with my son to shake down the shifter kart we just finished.
Old 01-28-2013, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Michael View Post
Think ill start participating in this, seems fun, not a great shot but I do enjoy myself
You should go to The Gun Range to shoot your matches, it"s right in your neighborhood. I shoot my matches there.
Old 01-28-2013, 8:15 PM

Went out tonight and re-shot the 15 yrd pistol irons/red dot bench rest. I'm improving every time I go out. I wish we could get one or two san diego shooters together to shoot these.
105 with 4 point bonus on the touches. I looked real hard and convinced myself that those are 10's since they barely cut the lines. I will concede if the judges feel differently.

Old 01-29-2013, 4:02 AM

Use a 22 round, stick it in the hole. You can tell pretty easily if they are in the ring or not.

Nice shooting!!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Use a 22 round, stick it in the hole. You can tell pretty easily if they are in the ring or not.

Nice shooting!!
Thanks lazyme, good option I hate to be that guy that "wanted" a 10 so bad he fudged his eye sight to match his desire. I'll check them when I get home. Just to clarify, is a brake in the line suposed to send the score up to the next higher rate?
Old 01-30-2013, 6:35 PM

Quick question, is there a limit on the number of targets we can shoot?
Old 01-30-2013, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwojnilo View Post
Quick question, is there a limit on the number of targets we can shoot?
No shoot as many as you want.
http://www.oniva.com/upload/204/Signature_copy_small.jpg
In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.
Old 01-30-2013, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcchet9296 View Post
No shoot as many as you want.
Thanks for the info. Guess I'm limited to the amount of ammo I can find! Looking sparse these days.

Bought a 22/45 and today is day 10, but work got crazy and didn't get a chance to get to the store to pick it up. Hope to get some targets in tomorrow and break her in.
Old 01-31-2013, 7:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredoSD View Post
Thanks lazyme, good option I hate to be that guy that "wanted" a 10 so bad he fudged his eye sight to match his desire. I'll check them when I get home. Just to clarify, is a brake in the line suposed to send the score up to the next higher rate?
Yes, a break in the line scores the the next highest ring.
Old 01-31-2013, 8:12 AM

Excited that I am starting to take shooting for effect again. I haven't shot very much since I got out of the army in 1975. I guess it's been a while and no it's nothing like riding a bike. You can and do forget some of the basics.
Lot's of fun, can't wait for the Feb match. Since I just jailed my first ever NEW rifle (CZ 445) I hope to try to shoot a few of those matches also.
Old 01-31-2013, 1:32 PM

I tried to improve a couple targets.

25 yards Iron Sights - 92

50 yards Iron Sights - 25
Old 01-31-2013, 3:23 PM

That's quite an improvement over the last 25 yd target. Feb match will be posted later this evening. Look for your name.
Old 01-31-2013, 3:24 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredoSD View Post
Excited that I am starting to take shooting for effect again. I haven't shot very much since I got out of the army in 1975. I guess it's been a while and no it's nothing like riding a bike. You can and do forget some of the basics.
Lot's of fun, can't wait for the Feb match. Since I just jailed my first ever NEW rifle (CZ 445) I hope to try to shoot a few of those matches also.
Welcome to the matches, Glad to see you posting some targets, we need more shooters to post targets. Nice pick on the CZ 455, I have heard a lot of good things about the CZ's. I don't have one yet but I am working on it, I am more of a Pistol guy.
Old 01-31-2013, 3:52 PM

OK who in San Diego wants to go shoot the pistol match one last time for January? Discount gun mart on Morena blvd?
Old 01-31-2013, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy43 View Post
That's quite an improvement over the last 25 yd target. Feb match will be posted later this evening. Look for your name.
Thanks! That thing is tough to see at 50 yards.
I'm looking forward to the new format.
Old 01-31-2013, 4:21 PM
CGN Contributor

i totally forgot about this thread until last night. fortunately i was able to run out to the range at lunch today. hopefully next month with more practice my scores will be a lot better. please disregard the extra hole on the 15 yard pistol target (marked). like an idiot i put the target up on the same backer as the little piece of tape i put up as a "sight in" target that i shot 3 shots at first - TOTALLY missed it and hit the target sheet instead (DOH!). in any event. 10 yd pistol, 15 yd pistol, 25 yd pistol, 25 yd rifle targets attached. pistol was a browning buckmark camper w/ a 4" barrel (open sights), and rifle was a ruger 10/22 with tech sights (irons). all targets were shot off hand, and the rifle was without a sling (need to instal swivel studs and put one on there, as the groupings clearly indicate.). this was a lot of fun, looking forward to next month.

Edit: oops, forgot to include my scores.
10 yd pistol - 86 points
15 yd pistol - 37 points
25 yd pistol - 45 points
25 yd rifle - 36 points
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10 yd pistol.jpg (81.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 15 yd pistol.jpg (82.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 25 yd pistol.jpg (90.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 25 yd rifle.jpg (81.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by peterabbits; 01-31-2013 at 4:29 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterabbits View Post
i totally forgot about this thread until last night. fortunately i was able to run out to the range at lunch today. hopefully next month with more practice my scores will be a lot better. please disregard the extra hole on the 15 yard pistol target (marked). like an idiot i put the target up on the same backer as the little piece of tape i put up as a "sight in" target that i shot 3 shots at first - TOTALLY missed it and hit the target sheet instead (DOH!). in any event. 10 yd pistol, 15 yd pistol, 25 yd pistol, 25 yd rifle targets attached. pistol was a browning buckmark camper w/ a 4" barrel (open sights), and rifle was a ruger 10/22 with tech sights (irons). all targets were shot off hand, and the rifle was without a sling (need to instal swivel studs and put one on there, as the groupings clearly indicate.). this was a lot of fun, looking forward to next month.

Edit: oops, forgot to include my scores.
10 yd pistol - 86 points
15 yd pistol - 37 points
25 yd pistol - 45 points
25 yd rifle - 36 points
Any shot that breaks the line of a circle is counted as the next higher score. I recomputed your 10yd pistol target to a score of 94. Welcome to the matches.
Old 01-31-2013, 5:30 PM

Default February Rimfire Match 2013

We are starting a new era in the Monthly RimFire Match. Beginning this month (February) we will award PRIZES for the best scores on three targets and overall best shooter for the year: See this link for details and rules: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=686429

PLEASE BE SURE TO MARK YOUR TARGETS WITH: Distance shot, Which target (irons, scope, bench, pistol, rifle) and score. Write BIG so us Coordinators with old eyes can read it. Thanks!!!!

January Winners (Good to see more participation and some NEW WINNERS)

Congratulations to the Winners and all the Shooters for Participating

25 yard Irons: Sando

50 yard Irons: rmatt

100 yard Irons: No targets posted

10 yard Pistol Offhand: 10xhobby

15 yard Pistol Rest: 10xhobby (honorable mention for Lazyme)

15 yard Pistol Offhand: 10xhobby

25 yard Pistol Rest: 10xhobby (honorable mention for Lazyme)

25 tard Pistol Offhand: 10xhobby

50 yard Scope: Sando

100 yard Scope: No targets posted

February Targets!!

Download the targets and print on 8.5 x11 inches paper. Shoot and score your target, take a picture of the target or scan it (your choice) and upload to this thread. Most folks use a web site such as “Flickr.com” and then link to the picture of the target.

25 Yard Irons: See attachment below.
Take 3 shots at each target for a total of 12 shots. Score your target as indicated on the target.

50 Yard Irons: See attachment below.
Take 5 shots on each target for a total of 10 shots. Score your target as indicated on the target.

100 Yard Irons: See attachment below. This will be a PRIZE TARGET.
Take 5 shots on the target. Score your target as indicated on the target.

50 Yards Scoped: See attachment below. Take 3 shots on each bullseye. Center is 12, thn 10, 9, 8, 7. This will be a PRIZE TARGET.

100 Yard Scoped: See Attachment below. Take 5 shots on the target. Center red circle is 12, then 10, 9, 8, etc..

15 yard Pistol Target, Iron Sights or Red Dot. No Magnified Optics.
Use the 50 yd Iron Sight Target: See Attachment
Take 10 shots at the target. Score your target as indicated on the target. Target may be shot off hand or from a bench rest. Off hand shooters will compete separately from bench rest shooters. The Offhand 15yd Target will be a PRIZE TARGET.

25 yard Pistol Target, Open Class. Use any optics you want.
Use the 100 yd Iron Sight Target: See Attachment
Take 10 shots at the target. Score your target as indicated on the target. Target may be shot off hand or from a bench rest. Off hand shooters will compete separately from bench rest shooters.

For each target indicate your total score and if not already indicated on the target note the distance shot and what type of sights. Ex: Score =xxx, Iron Sights, Scope, Red Dot. No fair shooting iron sight targets with a scope for score. You may also indicate what rifle and ammo was used.

Rules:

This is an online match. Print off the targets, shoot where and when you want. Come back and post your targets for those in your face bragging rights!! I do encourage meeting up with other match shooters. Any rimfire firearm is eligible. Shooting from a benchrest, prone, sitting, standing, hood of your car, leaning against a tree is acceptable. Using a rest in which the Rifle/Pistol can be locked down is verboten. There is no limit to the number of targets that can be shot, post the best or post them all.

Bonus Points

Here is how it will work. This is only on targets that have multiple shots on one target. We shoot the targets as normal and add up the scores like normal. The twist is we shoot for groups as well. For example, if we are shooting 5 shots on each target. If none of the 5 bullet holes are touching you get no bonus points. If two are touching you get 2 bonus points. If three are touching you get 3 bonus points on up to a maximum of 5 bonus points for each target. You only get bonus points for one group of touching holes.

Finally for any questions just drop me a PM and I'll get right back to you. Feel free to also PM me with feedback/complaints/suggestions/ or errors I make, etc... These matches are based on “Gentlemen's/Ladie's Honor” so go shoot and have fun.

Edit: Sorry for all the omissions/errors in this post. Hope I got em this time, if not send me a PM.

NEWS ALERT!!!

FredoSD has made a very gracious jesture for our matches. He is the owner of Star Leather, USA, purveyor of fine leather articles. He has offered a Hand Made Gun Belt as a prize for the February match. So here is how its gonna work.

1. There are 3 targets that will be in the running for this prize.
a. The 25yd Pistol Target, offhand or bench, your choice. Max Score 100pts.

b. The 50 yd Iron Sight Target. The two center rings will be scored as a "10" then 9, 8, 7, etc. That's different than the scoring in this months match on that target but its the only way I could think of to equalize scoring for all 3 targets. Max Score 100pts.

c. The 100yd Scoped Target. To compete for this prize you will need to shoot 10 shots. The center red dot and next white ring will score as a "10" then 9, 8, 7, etc. That's different than the scoring in this months match on that target but its the only way I could think of to equalize scoring for all 3 targets. Max Score 100pts.

2. The winner will be selected by me based on the best score on these 3 targets. In the event of a tie I will use the normal bonus points as the tie breaker. If that is still a tie then the shooters who tie will need to have a shoot-off to determine the final winner. If there is no tie the bonus points will not be counted.

FredoSD will not compete (I don't think he wants his own belt anyway) and I will not be competing since I am the judge that determines the winner.

Many thanks to FredoSD for offering this prizes. Lets have a big round of applause for him.

Is this getting good or what?

Last edited by Izzy43; 04-01-2013 at 6:56 AM..
Old 01-31-2013, 5:47 PM

Targets??? or is there more to follow?
Old 01-31-2013, 5:53 PM

that was fast!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 6:14 PM

One shot per on the 50yd scoped?
How many on the 100 yd scoped?
I'm not finding info anywhere... sorry
Old 01-31-2013, 6:16 PM

Honorable mention, you are too nice. I'll earn it for real next month.

Let February matches begin!!!! (In a few hours)
Old 01-31-2013, 6:28 PM

Allright...winner!
I'm glad to find this competition - I've shot my .22s more this month than in the last 10 years. Thanks for the effort of putting it on.

Last edited by sando; 01-31-2013 at 7:03 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 6:59 PM

Congrats to the winners!
Looks like Feb will be a lot of fun.
Old 01-31-2013, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Honorable mention, you are too nice. I'll earn it for real next month.

Let February matches begin!!!! (In a few hours)
Looks like we have to go to the rifle range 50 and 100 yard.
Old 01-31-2013, 7:17 PM
Veteran Member

this sounds like a blast. think I'll have to jump on this one. maybe there's some northern LA shooters want to meet at boquet or angeles.

They're not liberals, they're leftists. Please don't use the former for the latter. Liberals are Locke, Jefferson, Burke, Hayek. Leftists are progressives, Prussian state-socialists, fascists. Liberals stand against the state and unequivocally support liberty. Leftists support state tyranny.

Old 01-31-2013, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10xhobby View Post
Looks like we have to go to the rifle range 50 and 100 yard.
Sheesh, Give a man a rifle and he thinks he knows how to use it....or do you mean with the pistols?
Old 01-31-2013, 8:42 PM

I guess that's why I have Mossberg training rifles to use. gotta learn somehow.
Old 01-31-2013, 8:46 PM

We should do a NORCAL vs SOCAL match. Norcal is ahead in the pistol classes lol
Old 01-31-2013, 9:02 PM
Veteran Member

I have a Savage Arms BTV on the way, but may get it before I find ammo! I will get in on this soon...
I'd go to the grocery store with polymer, and I'd go to war with steel.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 AM

Today is my day off, I'm going to shot the 15 yrd pistol targets and get a jump on some of you good shooters. That's right in case you missed the nuance of my post I'm talking SMACK.
come on rim fire shooters get in on this! You will not be sorry, trust me on this.

Last edited by FredoSD; 02-01-2013 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: cuz I tipes fer chit
Old 02-01-2013, 2:52 PM

Hey fredo, I hope you printed a bunch of targets, your gonna need em. hahaha
Old 02-01-2013, 2:58 PM

10XHobby, Ha you're right about that, I could have printed a hundred targets. I hoping to give you a run this month however.......
I guess I'll put my official complaint here.
I shoot the 15 yrd iron/red dot match. I can not see this months targets. Well I can see them but I can not see the bulls eye. The lines are just not contrasted enough for me to know if I'm on center or a bit off. Bassicly all I can see a large black circle. Because of the dark back drop I can not see my previous shot either. I know "Boo Hoo, poor me" Needless to say I will not be posting any targets tonight

Last edited by FredoSD; 02-01-2013 at 3:11 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 4:52 PM

FredoSD has made a very gracious jesture for our matches. He is the owner of Star Leather, USA, purveyor of fine leather articles. He has offered a Hand Made Gun Belt as a prize for the February match. So here is how its gonna work.

1. There are 3 targets that will be in the running for this prize.
a. The 25yd Pistol Target, offhand or bench, your choice. Max Score 100pts.

b. The 50 yd Iron Sight Target. The two center rings will be scored as a "10" then 9, 8, 7, etc. That's different than the scoring in this months match on that target but its the only way I could think of to equalize scoring for all 3 targets. Max Score 100pts.

c. The 100yd Scoped Target. To compete for this prize you will need to shoot 10 shots. The center red dot and next white ring will score as a "10" then 9, 8, 7, etc. That's different than the scoring in this months match on that target but its the only way I could think of to equalize scoring for all 3 targets. Max Score 100pts.

2. The winner will be selected by me based on the best score on these 3 targets. In the event of a tie I will use the normal bonus points as the tie breaker. If that is still a tie then the shooters who tie will need to have a shoot-off to determine the final winner.

FredoSD will not compete (I don't think he wants his own belt anyway) and I will not be competing since I am the judge that determines the winner.

Many thanks to FredoSD for offering this prizes. Lets have a big round of applause for him.

I'll also post this in the Feb Match thread.

Izzy
Old 02-01-2013, 5:12 PM

Well it's in writing so I guess it's official now.
Izzy has it right I will be donating a hand made gun belt in your choice of color as long as it is black or some shade of tan.
The gun belt will be lined and will be your choice of a stiffener inserted to prevent sag or without a stiffener.
The belt will come with 7 holes vs. the average 5. This allows you to use the belt with a IWB or OWB holster.
You can and I suggest you send me the buckle you would like on the belt. If not you will be subjected to my fashion sense in buckle choice.
All *Star Leather USA* products are made by hand by me in America.
Turn around time from the time the winner contacts me with their belt measurement will be 2-3 weeks. It could be a lot less depending on my work load at the time.

Good luck to all of the shooters.

Here is how I measure belts, please use this system for correct fit.

Old 02-01-2013, 5:58 PM

Outstanding...now the pressure is ON!
Thanks FredoSD.
Old 02-01-2013, 6:04 PM
CGN Contributor

Wow! This is so cool. Thanks! I guess I'm going to have to find my way out to an actual rifle range this month.