Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:55 PM

Default WTT Cast bullets for POST academy acceptance info/advice

Hey guys :-)

So it's taken me much longer than most of my peers to grow up and choose a career path that I feel I could really be happy with. You could probably say I'm late bloomer (or just indecisive? :-p). Over the years I've had a few odd seasonal jobs; Among them I've worked with the California State Parks and the USDA Forest Service. Both jobs I loved. As you might guess, I'd like to work in parks/forestry. I understand many positions in this field require LEO training, and it would likely increase my odds of landing a position if I were to go get it. I took a look and it It seems to me that getting into a POST academy is fairly difficult, as there are many applicants and it appears matriculation is selective.

So I come to you (The LEO section of Calguns) asking if someone might be willing and able to take a look at my history/background and give me an assessment of how I might fare when applying, provide a few pointers, and perhaps general career path advice...I've been casting ammunition for years now and can offer a fresh batch of cast lead bullets of pretty much any popular caliber, if that might entice anyone? (Yes of course, just the projectiles. :-) ) Or if you live close by I could teach you how to reload, even.

Thanks!
John
Old 01-30-2013, 7:58 PM

I've always pondered getting into reloading but until this latest ammo hoarding craze never seriously considered it. That being said, I'll offer my advice for free because, honestly, it probably only worth about two cents. Just PM me if you like and I'll do my best to check them in between work.
Old 01-31-2013, 9:18 AM

What CBR rider said!