Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 01-28-2013, 2:45 PM
Resident Pork Rind Expert
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Glockmeister backlog - anyone have their orders fulfilled?

I'm curious to know if anyone's had any orders fulfilled from Glockmeister in the recent past, as I'm trying to figure out the wait time. I tried calling and emailing Glockmeister, but have been unable to get through on the phone, and I'm only getting the automated response saying they're overwhelmed at the moment.

I ordered new mags for Glocks 17, 19, 21SF, and 26, as well as some new sights and a sight pusher tool, and that was over 2 weeks ago!

(yeah, i know there's a panic now, but just hoping to get an idea of how much longer i'll need to wait)
Old 01-28-2013, 2:53 PM
Veteran Member

I would estimate at least 3 months..
Old 01-28-2013, 3:03 PM
Veteran Member

Probably overwhelmed with orders from all of the country's new Glock owners and their desire to rice them out with unnecessary modifications or "upgrades".
Old 01-28-2013, 5:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Don't call them, don't bother them.

Besides this Gun Frenzy everyone goes to the SHOT show in Vegas Baby.

You can't believe how backed up and busy all gun suppliers are. I received this email from GLOCKMEISTER and similar emails from other suppliers:

OUR CALL/EMAIL VOLUME IS AT A RECORD HIGH

PLEASE:
Do not call us to check on the status of your order. Due to a sharp spike in demand, it is difficult for us to estimate shipping and backorder times. We are continuously increasing our production and receiving new stock daily. Items are shipping as soon as they become available. ALL ORDERS WILL BE CHARGED ONLY WHEN ITEMS ARE READY TO BE SHIPPED. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience. The firearm industry is experiencing record high volumes. Glockmeister would like to thank all of our customers for their support and understanding as we strive to serve your needs at this challenging time.

Copyright 2013 Glockmeister, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website

Our mailing address is:

Glockmeister
2848 East Bell Road
Studio #107
Phoenix, AZ 85032

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).
Old 01-28-2013, 9:21 PM

I just got tracking info for an order I tried to cancel... Uh, I guess I'll take it? Placed the order before Xmas.
Old 01-28-2013, 9:22 PM

Whoops, sorry. That was actually Glockstore, not Glockmeister. GM has been pretty good about keeping me updated in the past.
Old 01-29-2013, 5:57 AM

Thumbs down

I ordered a $3 slide release spring from them on Jan. 4. The website said item was IN STOCK. I got an order confirmation and my CC was charged immediately. My attempts at getting lead time and/or ETS info have all been met with the same canned response re: overload that others here have posted. I don't care how backed up the industry is. $3 or $3000, this type of service is redic. At least they are consistent.
Old 01-29-2013, 6:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
Probably overwhelmed with orders from all of the country's new Glock owners and their desire to rice them out with unnecessary modifications or "upgrades".
Hahaha. That's good. I've always wondered "Why all that fancy stuff?" I mean, if you put that money into instruction, ammo and range time, you'll shoot very, very well with an out of the box rig.

I've got thousands upon thousands of rounds through a bone stock G21 and my only issue has been magazine springs wearing out.
Old 01-29-2013, 9:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2boost View Post
I ordered a $3 slide release spring from them on Jan. 4. The website said item was IN STOCK. I got an order confirmation and my CC was charged immediately. My attempts at getting lead time and/or ETS info have all been met with the same canned response re: overload that others here have posted. I don't care how backed up the industry is. $3 or $3000, this type of service is redic. At least they are consistent.
Jeepers! Thanks for the info, though.... I thought the NY hi-cap mag ban or shot show may have been the cause of the delay, but your order shows that they were overloaded before that.

Anyone out there place orders in December still waiting for their stuff?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

You'd be amazed at the amount of Glock parts on Amazon these days. A lot of it in Prime too.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
You'd be amazed at the amount of Glock parts on Amazon these days. A lot of it in Prime too.
With no way to reliably cancel my $900 order, I'll have to pass on the amazon thing. Besides, most of the stuff I ordered isn't on amazon.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah you wont find magazine, but sights, tools and small parts are generally there. I've even order the Vickers slide stop and mag release from Prime.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 AM

Finally received a shipment confirmation that all of the Glock magazines I ordered from Glockmeister a few months ago are being shipped!