Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 03-07-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rips31 View Post
business as-usual. mirkarimi is more anti- than hennessey, hypocrisy be damned.
lol

-Immortal Technique

Old 05-27-2012, 6:59 PM

Does anyone have any new info on SF? With the interim sheriff in place (one with an actual background in law enforcement, lol), I'm wondering if anyone has applied recently or any new experiences to report.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:06 PM

New to the forum and also very interested as to if there are any updates!
Old 06-01-2012, 9:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Welcome to CalGuns!

In (partial) answer to your question, please read the first ten (or so) posts in this thread.

Best regards,

Cap
In the final analysis, rights in a Republic are protected by the people themselves. If civic virtu does not reside in the people - no constitution, no bill of rights, no legislative body and no court will be able to preserve our liberties.... Keep educating your neighbors and friends about the legacy of freedom that founded this nation and remind them what it takes to keep it free. --Don Kilmer
Old 12-05-2012, 4:09 PM

Is there anything SF residents can help with, since the passage of SB 610?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizdumb View Post
Is there anything SF residents can help with, since the passage of SB 610?
Yeah, get out the vote on 11/03/2015. Tell all your friends in free states to move here and give the good weather a chance in the summer of 2015.

The current sheriff received 70,204 votes in 2011, and that was before his little foray into the other side of the criminal justice system. Given the national leadership that SF has provided to gun grabbers, it sure would be a coup to get a shall-issue candidate in office.
Old 02-20-2014, 7:17 PM
Veteran Member

Links to SF's policy in this thread aren't working, they lead to a 404 error on the CGF website. Can they be fixed?
Old 02-25-2014, 8:56 PM

Any news on how Peruta decision will affect SF citizens? I just looked at their application and it still has the requirement for documentation for Good Cause rather than just "Self-Defense".
Old 02-25-2014, 9:54 PM

SF will have to be dragged into court kicking and screaming before we get compliance. This city will be the LAST to get with the program, but they will come around. May as well just sit back and enjoy the show around the rest of the state for now.

Last edited by sfbadger; 02-25-2014 at 10:02 PM..
Old 02-28-2014, 8:05 AM

SFPD info & policy page:
http://www.sf-police.org/index.aspx?page=3933

Anyone have any post-Peruta feedback?

Reloading Clubs: SF, East Bay

Case Status: Peņa v. Cid (Handgun Roster). SF v. 44Mag (Mag Parts Kits). Bauer v. Harris (DROS Fees). Davis v. LA (CCW policy). Jackson v. SF (Ammo/Storage). Teixeira (FFL Zoning). First Unitarian v. NSA (Privacy). Silvester (Waiting Period). Schoepf (DROS Delay). Haynie (AW ban). SFVPOA v. SF (10+ mag possession ban). Bear in Public: Drake (3CA); Moore (7CA); Richards, Peruta, McKay (9CA).
Old 03-02-2014, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbadger View Post
SF will have to be dragged into court kicking and screaming before we get compliance. This city will be the LAST to get with the program, but they will come around. May as well just sit back and enjoy the show around the rest of the state for now.
that really sucks because they will be using taxpaper money in courts to deny our 2A rights......instead of just giving it to us like other cities in CA
Old 03-02-2014, 6:53 AM

That's the way it's always worked in SF since I can remember. The SF Board of Supervisors enacts an asinine regulation and then Dennis Herrera defends it all the way to the CA Supreme Court, spending SF taxpayer resources every step of the way.

After each loss I usually send him a letter berating him for his decisions and tell him I'm making another donation in his name to the NRA. It's a lovely game we play.
Old 03-03-2014, 9:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizux View Post
Well, I've never seen that before on SFPD's website. How'd you find it???

It's not linked on their homepage:
http://www.sf-police.org/index.aspx?page=1

It's not linked on their list of Permits page:
http://www.sf-police.org/index.aspx?page=869

It's not linked on their Permit Applications Forms page:
http://www.sf-police.org/index.aspx?page=873

So, did SFPD put it up on their website w/o being linked anywhere so that only those who do a search for "concealed carry" or "CCW" ("LTC" does not work) will find it?

Does the SFSO also hide info. re. getting a CCW from them? Or do they think they can somehow break the law and get away with it by declaring G and having "civilians" apply thru SFPD?

http://www.sfsheriff.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Supporting CGF at the expense of supporting NRA is wildly stupid. . . .

Never, ever, ever choose not to be an NRA member.

-Gene
180+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

Last edited by Paladin; 03-03-2014 at 9:06 AM..
Old 03-07-2014, 7:58 AM

I can't find the SFSO policy on their website, but SFPD's has been there quite a while. From the home page, click "information" in the menu, which brings you here:
http://www.sf-police.org/index.aspx?page=1577
The CCW page is linked from there. Yes, I said "CCW" not "LTC." SFPD still calls it "CCW."

Case Status: Peņa v. Cid (Handgun Roster). SF v. 44Mag (Mag Parts Kits). Bauer v. Harris (DROS Fees). Davis v. LA (CCW policy). Jackson v. SF (Ammo/Storage). Teixeira (FFL Zoning). First Unitarian v. NSA (Privacy). Silvester (Waiting Period). Schoepf (DROS Delay). Haynie (AW ban). SFVPOA v. SF (10+ mag possession ban). Bear in Public: Drake (3CA); Moore (7CA); Richards, Peruta, McKay (9CA).
Old 03-14-2014, 4:21 PM

I searched "Good Cause CCW" on their search engine, and came to SFPD CCW Licensing Policy on PDF. It's still dated as being revised 01/12/2012. They still require the following for Good Cause.

http://www.sf-police.org/Modules/Sho...cumentID=25869

1. There is a reported, documented, presently existing, and significant risk of danger to life or of
great bodily injury to the applicant and/or his or her spouse, domestic partner or dependents;
2. The danger of harm is specific to the applicant or his or her immediate family and is not
generally shared by other similarly situated members of the public;
3. Existing law enforcement resources cannot adequately address the danger of harm;
4. The danger of harm cannot reasonably be avoided by alternative measures; and
5. Licensing the applicant to carry a concealed weapon is significantly likely to reduce the
danger of harm.

Still no change post-Peruta ruling. And just when my previous county became shall-issue. Just speculation, but I believe SF will be the LAST city and county to go "shall issue" in CA.
Old 03-28-2014, 9:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

You SF folks give 'ol soon to be Ex Senator Leland Yee a call and see if he can help out with your CCW. I read that he can work wonders if you pay him a bucket of cash. Heard that he really loves guns after all if the price is right.
Old 03-31-2014, 6:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigidarm View Post
You SF folks give 'ol soon to be Ex Senator Leland Yee a call and see if he can help out with your CCW. I read that he can work wonders if you pay him a bucket of cash. Heard that he really loves guns after all if the price is right.
Can I get an AR-pistol on my permit, or must it be "shoulder fired"?

Old 03-31-2014, 7:41 AM
Super Moderator

Location: West Oakland, low crawling up on Emeryville and Berkeley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizux View Post
Can I get an AR-pistol on my permit, or must it be "shoulder fired"?
Well the actual wording of the LTC is:

License To Carry Concealed Pistol, Revolver or Other Firearm Within the State of California

And I personally know a guy that had a pistol gripped Rem 870 on his LTC issued by the Santa Clara SO's back in the 90's, so it is possible.

I have a perfect Burning Man attendance record: zero.

You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
Like who?
Farmers.
Who else?
Farmers' mums.
Old 04-09-2014, 9:34 PM

Anybody heard anything back yet from either SFPD or SFSO?
(other than hurry up and wait)

Old 11-12-2014, 10:42 AM

I dropped my application off this morning. The officer who took it was very nice. Strange thing: I had to fill out section 7 in full (usually done by the interviewer) - her rationale was that it was the only part of the form that had a place to put my phone number, and that's how they'd be contacting me.

For Good Cause, I just put "self defense". The officer said that most people attach additional pages, and I mentioned that it shouldn't be required given today's Peruta decision. She laughed.

She said that the app will go downstairs to the Background Investigations department and I should receive a call within 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:33 AM

Did you do this through SFPD? SFSD doesn't seem to have any information whatsoever WRT applying for a permit. SFPD requires 'up to' 16 hours of firearms training. When is this supposed to occur? What about the 'psychological evaluation'? Are you planning on just jumping through these hoops as they are presented to you? Sorry for the questions, but I'd love to hear detailed updates as you progress through the process.

I wish CGF would give us an update WRT how the process started and , apparently, ended with wizdumb and sfbadger.
Old 12-02-2014, 7:10 AM

I will copy/paste/edit/redact my contact notes and send them along to CGF for mass consumption. Don't expect a lot of progress over the holidays with one person juggling updates in 58 counties, while simultaneously quarterbacking a bunch of 3-5 year old litigation that suddenly just got exciting.
Edit: BTW, nothing has changed about the process in years; there really isn't anything to update, except they sure aren't processing applications in a timely manner.

With a likely split in the left-wing vote next year, can anyone get a pro-2A candidate for Sheriff to step up to the plate?

Last edited by fizux; 12-02-2014 at 7:19 AM..
Old 12-24-2014, 11:03 PM

Aberrant, any news on that application you dropped off?
Old 03-23-2015, 4:28 PM

anyone else try this? I am thinking of giving it a shot just to see what happens. Is there a potential downside to applying and being denied?
Old 02-20-2016, 12:01 PM

Lost and Stolen LEO weapons in SF used in crimes:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/20...cmp=latestnews

And yet citizens can't be trusted with their weapons...