Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 01-01-2013, 8:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Default little heads up for the rockpile area

was at maywood gun club today.
there are a ton of morons shooting next to the club area and being uber unsafe about it.it was so packed up there they never realized that there were other shooters down range in a ravine that they were shooting over. alot of trash being left behind also.

also i was made aware of a incident that happened a week or two ago.
(2nd hand not witnessed by me)
club member were far down range fixing gongs hanging from the swing bar and a bunch of off land yahoos were wild shooting and were firing directly over the members heads to the point that the egress route was cut of by fire.the members were forced to open up above the heads of the offend shooters to get a cease fire.
end story was the off-site shooters bugged out quickly.
Old 01-02-2013, 2:44 PM

This is sad news. Unfortunately, I believe this is partly due to all of the panic buying; too many people buying firearms without receiving proper instruction.
Old 01-02-2013, 4:46 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

That place gets a bunch of bone heads, We have had 2 Calguns clean ups with BLM there in the last 6 months.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=606961

It looks great now compaired to before. I was just on the phone today with BLM coordinating the 3rd clean up is a couple months, we can help with the trash problem but can't fix stupid.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 AM

chknlyps: count me in for the next clean up (if i'm not working)... pm me
Old 01-03-2013, 12:15 PM

Close by areas are also getting trashed. Unfortunately, if things don't get better, We may be forced to get local PD involved.

We understand the importance of having public shooting areas and most Calgunners are not the culprits. It tends to be Friends we tell the location to and then they tell someone and so on.

Calguns members have been instrumental in keeping the area clear of debrit! I just hope the others catch on.

Maybe we need to post descriptions of vehicles on the forum (no license numbers). That way we can keep a look out for them. Then remind them, when they return to use the area, that clean-up is appreciated?
Old 01-03-2013, 2:18 PM
Calguns Addict

was out there again today at the blm side,fixed a .22lr and tried it out...worked great.

filled a black glad trash bag with trash and passed some out to other shooters on way out.

reward:
less trash
free brass
Old 01-03-2013, 5:27 PM
Calguns Addict

33.760093,-117.308156 google coordinates
Old 01-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Calguns Addict

I went to that BLM spot for the first time a couple months ago. I never knew about it and only went because a friend wanted to go shooting and he goes there since it's close to his place in Hemet.

We shot very close to the road so I didn't go deep into the area to see the rest of it.

I know a lot of you guys like shooting on public land, but me, I'm a controlled/formal shooting range type of person. I'm all about safety and order and people cleaning up their stuff. I just don't trust people.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
https://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Old 01-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchnicklas View Post
the members were forced to open up above the heads of the offend shooters to get a cease fire.
end story was the off-site shooters bugged out quickly.
???? Really ??? That was pretty STUPID and even worse than the offending yahoo's. The members made a conscious decision to shoot in the direction of other people. The yahoos have ignorance and a lack of malicious intent as a partial defense.

IMHO anyone who shoots in/near uncontrolled open shooting areas and walks down range for any reason has made a conscious decision to take their lives in their hands and should NEVER be surprised by people's stupidity.

Last edited by Ronin2; 01-06-2013 at 11:58 PM..
Old 01-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin2 View Post
???? Really ??? That was pretty STUPID and even worse than the offending yahoo's. The members made a conscious decision to shoot in the direction of other people. The yahoos have ignorance and a lack of malicious intent as a partial defense.

IMHO anyone who shoots in/near uncontrolled open shooting areas and walks down range for any reason has made a conscious decision to take their lives in their hands and should NEVER be surprised by people's stupidity.
again...that was 2nd hand info

buy they were on their own property and not a open land,so if you were on your land & were taking fire you would do nothing then?????
Old 01-17-2013, 1:22 PM
Banned

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

I think the problem stems too from Bullseye Sports in Riverside. I hear them (one guy in particular) yell out to all of their new customers that they should go check out "blank blank lane" (yeah I aint gonna tell anyone else about this spot, not even in my post...) if they wanna shoot their new toys and then they proceed to tell them how to get there.

I think that if they keep telling everyone and their mother that that place will be trashed by the middle of the year and closed before 2014 due to all the boneheads out there that have no idea what gun safety is...

Sorry, but Calguns folks, no matter how strong the force is with them, are no match for pure stupid people in large numbers...

I like Bullseye, but that practice needs to stop. I no longer tell anyone where to go to shoot because I do not know them. I might meet with them and go with, but I no longer tell anyone. There are a lot of places nearby too but steale peekE is kinda close and cool, well, when there aint 500 people out there blasting and brassrats running around trying to snatch things...

Last edited by stilly; 01-17-2013 at 1:25 PM..
Old 01-19-2013, 10:45 PM
Calguns Addict

brassrats. thats a cool one..
Old 01-22-2013, 10:44 PM

PM me also for the next cleanup. Ill try to make it schedule permitting.

Brassrats.....lol.