Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 01-22-2013, 8:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.
Default Hey! Does this mean you can load 12GA on your press?

https://shop.rcbs.com/WebConnect/Mai...WBOY+SHOTSHELL

$92.00 for the set?

If I get powder, wads, shot and end caps along with brass shells then I can reload 12GA for skeet?

Anyone use this?

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire
Old 01-22-2013, 9:01 PM

looks like it.
Old 01-22-2013, 9:14 PM

You can get a Lee Shot Shell reloader for about $50.00 and re use you regular hulls which is much cheaper.
Old 01-23-2013, 2:30 AM
Veteran Member

you need a press that has the large threads - 1 1/4-18
Many presses have them with a bushing for 7/8-14 -
Most all the major die makers used to make single stage shotshell loading dies --
Old 01-23-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
https://shop.rcbs.com/WebConnect/Mai...WBOY+SHOTSHELL

$92.00 for the set?

If I get powder, wads, shot and end caps along with brass shells then I can reload 12GA for skeet?

Anyone use this?
For the cost, you'd be better off with a lee load-all, unless you're specfically doing 12ga all brass shells. With only regular shot shells, it would just be an un-necessary expense, and wouldn't have enough steps to load everything conveniently.

All-brass shells are expensive, but awesome.

I'd actually probably buy both a load-all AND this die if I were doing those brass shells, just so I could do the charge, wad, and shot steps more easily.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:07 PM

Also to the best of my knowledge these won't cycle in a semi auto or pump. They are designed for break berrals.

http://www.ballisticproducts.com/Rel...info/00MBRASS/

This would Probubly tell you everything you would ever want to know about them
Old 01-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member

Looks like it crimps the top over the shot instead of folding it like a shotshell loader would. looks like its meant for straight brass 12 guage....

Someone pleas chime in im super interested in if it will work or not

― Roger Zelazny, The Great Book of Amber
Old 01-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

AHHH CRAP!

I was wanting some cool bling bling shells for when I go back to that skeet clinic.

Damn.

I have a progressive loader that I got from someone but the thing is massive and he gave me a lot of cool powder and 1k shotgun primers and stuff. I bout it over a year and a half ago for $100 and I think it is called an 633 or something. It had all these bushings for powder and shot and two large tubes and it is setup for 12 guage but I need to read up on it before I get to work on it. I looked at it and it looks neat but it just looks involved and since I do not shoot skeet that much, I would like to be able to maybe start the shotty on a single stage. I have looked at the Lee stuff. This just looked like it could be hella fun to try out, the brass shells and all. I will be honest, I really liked the metal and plastic milk crate it was in and that was why I took it. :\

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire
Old 01-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

^ U wanna sell it?

― Roger Zelazny, The Great Book of Amber
Old 01-23-2013, 12:50 PM

Can you use the Lee Load All on high brass or on 3"/3.5" shells? Or is it specifically made for low brass 2.75" shells?
Old 01-23-2013, 1:03 PM

RCBS used to have a Shotshell die kit to load on a Single Stage Metallic. Enables you to reload shotgun shotshells and even form the top crimp etc.

Instruction manual.
http://www.rcbs.com/downloads/instru...structions.pdf

RCBS Part # 99000

BTW.. I am lurking on Gunbroker for one of these.. don't out bid me.
Old 01-23-2013, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mod View Post
Looks like it crimps the top over the shot instead of folding it like a shotshell loader would. looks like its meant for straight brass 12 guage....

Someone pleas chime in im super interested in if it will work or not
I think what is Usualy done is they place an overshot card, well, over the shot. Then seal with 1/4in ish of wax or Elmer's glue. Then a slight roll crimp for easier feeding.
Old 01-23-2013, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M27 View Post
I think what is Usualy done is they place an overshot card, well, over the shot. Then seal with 1/4in ish of wax or Elmer's glue. Then a slight roll crimp for easier feeding.
You can do the same loading with a nail, 3/4" dowel and a plastic mallet ( or hand) with the brass shells.

And yes the roll crimp makes them feed in autos and pumps , but works the brass and you'll end up with cracks in a $6 brass shell that then needs to be cut down.

And they do make an interesting sound when they hit the ground

Mine have been going good since they were used in a military pump , they were passed to me from my Father in law who got them from his stint in the Army ( 1940's)

Bweise says "I have to say the situation was not at all helped by 22 yr old former Airsoft douches who kept touting here, "But possession is not illegal!" "

Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones , cause I got a sling shot

Fighting on the internet is like being in the special Olympics , everybody wins but your still retarded.
Old 01-23-2013, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
AHHH CRAP!
I have a progressive loader that I got from someone but the thing is massive and he gave me a lot of cool powder and 1k shotgun primers and stuff. I bout it over a year and a half ago for $100 and I think it is called an 633 or something.
If that's a Pacific 366, it is the precursor to the Hornady 366. Nice press.
Old 01-23-2013, 6:42 PM
Veteran Member

Over shot card can be sealed with water glass - sodium silicate
Old 01-23-2013, 7:09 PM

Why use a press at all. Like mentioned you can use a 7/8 wooden dowel a 1/2 nut and a 4 inch penny nail. Put the shell on the nut use the nail.to tap out the primer. Put new primer on flat surface shell on top use dowel to tap down shell on primer. Pour in 60grains goex 2ffg followed by 1/2inch fiber wad. Put shell on nut to avoid hitting primer push down wad all the way fill to 1/8 from top shot of your choice followed by over shot card. Melt some candle wax to seal over shot card. At the range everyone will be turning to see what the heck made that low pitch loud azz sound with the black smoke. Do it all the time
Old 01-23-2013, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrat View Post
Why use a press at all. Like mentioned you can use a 7/8 wooden dowel a 1/2 nut and a 4 inch penny nail. Put the shell on the nut use the nail.to tap out the primer. Put new primer on flat surface shell on top use dowel to tap down shell on primer. Pour in 60grains goex 2ffg followed by 1/2inch fiber wad. Put shell on nut to avoid hitting primer push down wad all the way fill to 1/8 from top shot of your choice followed by over shot card. Melt some candle wax to seal over shot card. At the range everyone will be turning to see what the heck made that low pitch loud azz sound with the black smoke. Do it all the time
HA HA yeah , load one up in an Winchester AA hull during a trap meet.
You get a WTF with the cloud of smoke and whump as you actually break the clay. Done it and was funny , but other shooters don't like it.

And you get better patterns with equal black powder to shot mix ( 1 scoop powder to 1 scoop shot).

Bweise says "I have to say the situation was not at all helped by 22 yr old former Airsoft douches who kept touting here, "But possession is not illegal!" "

Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones , cause I got a sling shot

Fighting on the internet is like being in the special Olympics , everybody wins but your still retarded.