Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-21-2013, 8:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyous68 View Post
Actually, if you'd do your homework, there was great support for the Confederacy in CA during the Civil War. Very few voted for Lincoln, (Only about 32% of the population). Existing militias were even disbanded due to high support for the Secessionists, and new pro-Union ones were formed to keep control in California. It's pretty interesting stuff when you get into it.

On the other hand, I sincerely doubt the douche bags that come over here from the Valley flying the Stars & Bars from their trucks have any clue about that history. They're just being stupid hicks tearing up our town.
Screw you and “your” town. You bit** and moan about how bad CA law is and then you bit** about the only part of the state that sends anything but commies to Sacramento.

I’ll keep my pro gun sheriff and my CCW. You bay area Obama types can keep the change!
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)

Last edited by Meplat; 01-21-2013 at 9:02 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 9:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
Screw you and “your” town. You bit** and moan about how bad CA law is and then you bit** about the only part of the state that sends anything but commies to Sacramento.
Gotta admit; That's some funny sheet.

But, can't we all just try and get along. (I'm obligated to say that)
Old 01-21-2013, 9:07 AM

Sorry, but couldn't resist my remarks above. However, we all should concentrate on the 2nd amendment issue, and try and keep historical context in line with that. Obviously we are not up to fighting the civl war again....at least not now.
It might be significant to say that the south, nor its' residents were deprived of their 2A rights after the war. At least until the latest attempts encompassing all the states, and those being currently attempted in California
Old 01-21-2013, 9:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
Sorry, but couldn't resist my remarks above. However, we all should concentrate on the 2nd amendment issue, and try and keep historical context in line with that. Obviously we are not up to fighting the civl war again....at least not now.
It might be significant to say that the south, nor its' residents were deprived of their 2A rights after the war. At least until the latest attempts encompassing all the states, and those being currently attempted in California
I suppose that would depend on the amount of melanin in one's skin...

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Old 01-21-2013, 9:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyous68 View Post
Actually, if you'd do your homework, there was great support for the Confederacy in CA during the Civil War. Very few voted for Lincoln, (Only about 32% of the population). Existing militias were even disbanded due to high support for the Secessionists, and new pro-Union ones were formed to keep control in California. It's pretty interesting stuff when you get into it.

On the other hand, I sincerely doubt the douche bags that come over here from the Valley flying the Stars & Bars from their trucks have any clue about that history. They're just being stupid hicks tearing up our town.
Support or not, that flag has no business at a rally (of any kind) in CA today. Without a historical connection as it would have in a state like Mississippi, that flag is rightly associated with separation, racism and slavery.

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Old 01-21-2013, 9:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I’ll keep my pro gun sheriff and my CCW. You bay area Obama types can keep the change!
Stop the potty mouth and the whining. I sure wish more like you would choose not to escape the hell you live in by invading the Central Coast every chance you get.

FWIW, the Central Coast is not the "Bay Area."

Last edited by Excelsior; 01-22-2013 at 10:01 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 9:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
I suppose that would depend on the amount of melanin in one's skin...
Maybe, but an argument for another thread
Old 01-21-2013, 9:57 AM

Quote:

Way to throw down an educated and well articulated post in a thread about fighting for our rights. Yes Fresno has a great Sheriff and we wish we had one like her. SLO county has a bit more substance than "Bay Area Obama types". I won't get in to personal attacks, but you were clearly offended by the blanket statement that the guys from the valley flying flags, likely don't know what they even represent. Unfortunately, that is likely true. The tourists that take over Pismo, the Dunes, and sometimes spend a little time SLO; are generally part of a "scene". The bigger your rig is, the more toys that fall out of the ***-end of your toy hauler, and the bigger the flag is that you fly at your camp site...the higher up the social status ladder you sit in that scene.

I will speak for everyone in our county, we thank you for your financial contributions to our economy. But if you are disrespectful to our community, we will all lose.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:09 AM

why are so many so obtuse on the flag subject? The point of suggest not to fly it has nothing to do with the actual, historical significance of it. The point is that way WAY too many people will associate that flag with racism and bigotry. Like many things in the public spectrum, the facts have no significance, its the perception that matters.
Old 01-22-2013, 9:57 AM
Banned

I guess the question here is, will we change the actions we take and the images we show based on what a large majority of ignorant and uneducated people will think of it?

Judging something by looks is exactly what the anti-gun nuts and liberal media are doing to our guns. Again, they are uneducated on the subject, so should we hand over our guns because they look scary and they ASSOCIATE them with mass shootings and being assault weapons?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Drop View Post
I guess the question here is, will we change the actions we take and the images we show based on what a large majority of ignorant and uneducated people will think of it?

Judging something by looks is exactly what the anti-gun nuts and liberal media are doing to our guns. Again, they are uneducated on the subject, so should we hand over our guns because they look scary and they ASSOCIATE them with mass shootings and being assault weapons?
Spin it any way you want, the stars and bars has no place here in CA -- particularly at a pro-RKBA rally. Those that don't realize that and those still hell-bent on bringing attention to themselves by flying that flag need to smarten up.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Drop View Post

yes, you should change the actions you take, because the whole point is to try to convince/educate those "ignorant and uneducated" people that guns are safe/cannot be banned/save lives, etc. Until you can properly educate them so they accept the flag, dont taint their view of a gun rally by using it.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Calguns Addict

"hmm is this flag more, or less likely to be misinterpreted for the wrong reasons"

just something to ask yourself before flying the confederate flag.

A don't tread on me flag, on the other hand, basically says a big F U to the statists and has none of the racist connotations.

Shop at AMAZON to help Calguns Foundation

CRPA Life Member. Click here to Join.

NRA Member JOIN HERE/
Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchanim View Post
Ok folks...

Based on the fact folks were down to the first step, and overflowing to the side entrances we estimate the number around 2,000. That was from the politicians not me. MSM will say hundreds.
Hats off to you Sanchanim, your hard work, and effort paid off, you really did a lot in a short amount of time.

However, the pictures don't lie, I was there too. Claiming there were 2000 present is a huge exaggeration by about x 3 or 4. Which doesn't help anyone's credibility especially an organizer.

That aside, well done.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterwhite View Post
Hats off to you Sanchanim, your hard work, and effort paid off, you really did a lot in a short amount of time.

However, the pictures don't lie, I was there too. Claiming there were 2000 present is a huge exaggeration by about x 3 or 4. Which doesn't help anyone's credibility especially an organizer.

That aside, well done.
I walked through the crowd twice counting persons. My estimate is a bit over 1,000.
Old 01-22-2013, 6:45 PM

Crowd estimation is difficult. I was at a Tea Party event where they wanted a crowd count and all were asked to sign in once at one of several location around the event. This sign in can also ask for information like email address which gives you the ability to contact later for future events...this helps to keep the snowball growing.
Old 01-22-2013, 9:17 PM

I don't know if this was posted up or not, I was wondering if anyone posted up the whole protest I saw someone was right in front with a PRO camera dead center.