Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2013, 2:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Smile WTS: Chinese SKS

Make: Norinco

Model: Type 56 SKS semi-automatic rifle

Caliber: 7.62 x 39 mm

Location (city or county): Pasadena (alternate Claremont, where I work)

Price: $225 SPF

Will ship (Y/N): No

Other info: Overall fair condition with all-stamped and matching numbers. Unusual "56" markings on receiver in lieu of Mandarin characters. Bore is bright and shiny and the rifle shoots well at 100 yards (I got 4" groups with Prvi Partizan FMJ ammo but my eyesight sucks due to age). However, rifle has the following minor probs:

1. Follower sometimes doesn't feed reliably as you empty the mag, although I'd imagine a decent gunsmith could correct that. I don't have enough experience for that.

This carbine saw heavy use somewhere, and has small areas of scattered pitting around the woodline and lots of dings, scrapes, and scratches all over the wood.

3. Gas tube is lightly pitted from its former life in China using corrosive ammo.

4. Metal finish is turning to patina in some places.

5. Stock has minor cracks on either side of receiver cover and also behind the bayonet channel.

First unconditional "I'll take it" posted here, gets it. Please PM with any questions, and thanks for looking.

Last edited by Shanghai guy; 03-12-2013 at 6:34 PM..