Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

View Poll Results: Do you believe that you would be an effect soldier on the front line?
Yes. 7 20.00%
No. 22 62.86%
I love my country! I will die protecting the freedom of my family, and my countrymen! 4 11.43%
Not interested in answering. Too touchy for the men. 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2013, 10:17 PM
CGSSA Leader

I was 8 years military and on a fast track. I was at the airport heading to Saudi on 9/11. Took me 10 days more to finally get there, but I made it. I saw a lot of things, worked in the CAOC with many multi-national officers and enlisted. Worked with 3-stars down to Colonels. At one point, OSI felt comfortable enough with me to let me drive the 3-star commander around. Of course, my base back home was on pins and needles hoping I wouldn't open my mouth and start WW while I was over there!! I was the only female allowed off base and into Riyadh during the continuous Charlie/Delta defcon. I was asked my opinion on military women having to wear the abaya when off base. Yes, I gave it honestly. The Mattawa had to tell me many times to "cover my hair" and did not like it when I informed them that I was not my sargeant's "woman". I did not get to go to the front line, but yes, I wish I could have. I had trained many people to deploy, showing them how to put up tents on a bare base; set up the hospital; work through days wearing chem suits, provide local security. I taught the obstacle course and personal carry classes. I am 5'2 and I was 130 and I demonstrated ALL the carries with the men being carried. I told the women that if they could not lift their male counterparts, then they needed to hit gym immediately bc nobody else was going to do it and nobody trusted them to cover their back. I pissed off a lot of people and they wrote about it on their critiques, but by me doing the work and teaching how it's done, many women understood the seriousness of going into battle with only what you have. I shot expert and got along with both males and females while I was there. I can see where some men would not want women over there bc their perception is that women are weaker both physically and mentally. It is the men's problem if they can't separate their feelings of "seeing a mother, or daughter" being hurt or killed. I was very lucky. My flight saw me climbing to the top of the racks in storage rooms to get things when I could have asked someone to do it. I never asked anyone to do what I wouldn't or couldn't do. They trusted me completely and expected me to carry my load. It was on me to prove that I could do it. Sometimes, it is the men's perceptions that allow women to not achieve their fullest potential. Yes, I have been in altercations and situations that I feared for myself, but I managed to make my way through them. The funny thing is...I would love to rejoin and go back, but I wouldn't want my son to. He was Army Reserve for a few years. Wasn't his thing and I couldn't imagine serving under Obama. I have my picture with Pres Bush and very proud of it. Sorry for rattling on, but could tell many stories...LOL