Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 01-16-2013, 8:12 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poms&Guns View Post
I think the problem was more with the fact that the PG&E bill was the ONLY thing with my name and residential home address. I guess he felt he also needed some government type printout with it as well. Who knows? He is a reputable FFL. But I jumped through hoops to get something. At least it's now taken care of and hopefully I will have gun in hand when they open back up on the 26th. I am definitely an impatient little girl...LOL. I have lived in KY, TX, and SD, and it is nothing to get a gun there compared to here in CA!!
exactly, since PG&E is not a gov-entity, it does not satisfy federal laws for PoI. you need a .gov-issued document with your name and home address on it. That is why you needed the printout from the DMV.

here, read this thread for more info on this, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=327217

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 01-16-2013, 8:13 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97F1504RAD View Post
What about a credit card bill?
a credit card bill will not satisfy federal PoI or state PoR regs. that doesn't mean that an ignorant FFL might accept them by mistake.

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 01-16-2013, 8:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post

in this situation, Poms&Guns' DL did not have her physical address on it.
Of course that would be a problem. I did not see where the topic changed from not having a second proof of residency to not having any at all.
Old 01-16-2013, 8:24 AM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Pom&Guns,

there is a thread in the 2A area of calguns re the santa cruz county board of supervisors and an attempt to keep a gun shop from opening in an unincorporated part of santa cruz known as Live Oak. you may want to join in that discussion.

i'm betting you'd get fewer stares up in my part of the santa cruz mountains!

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 01-16-2013, 8:37 AM
Super Moderator

Apply for a Curio and Relics License (FFL03). May take some time to get, but then you never have to worry about it. (At least until you need to renew). I keep a copy in my glove compartment along with my COE just in case I need to make an emergency purchase.

If you live in San Diego Please read this thread and apply now to obtain your San Diego License to Carry (CCW).

The information posted herein is not legal advice. If you seek legal advice contact an attorney who is familiar with all the facts of your case.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:35 PM
CGSSA Leader

Thanks! I was reading on it earlier. I missed the meeting due to work and am not impressed with several people around here. Oh well....change has to start somewhere...LOL
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=movie zombie;10218942]
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebunny View Post
I........ I can't possibly be the only one with this issue, and California doesn't think about us dangerous housewives with traditional marriages. ................QUOTE]

can't he buy it and then sign the paperwork which transfers it to you?

go get a fishing license!
Family transfers can only be up or down, so not husband to wife. Father to son ok, grandmother to granddaughter ok, but not brother to sister. *shrug*

Last edited by CalGunMom; 01-16-2013 at 10:51 PM..
Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalGunMom View Post
Family transfers can only be up or down, so not husband to wife. Father to son ok, grandmother to granddaughter ok, but not brother to sister. *shrug*
correct that a husband>wife transfer is not considered an intrafamily transfer, but it is considered an "operation of law transfer" that can be doine in the same manner as an intrafamily transfer.

note that the same form is used for op-law and intrafamily transfers, http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pd...rms/oplaw.pdf? .

So, yes, movie zombie is correct in that the husband could go and buy the handgun and then gift it to his wife. she would then need to fill out the oplaw form and send it in.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

not correct, Cal:

Can I give a firearm to my spouse or registered domestic partner? Can he/she give it back to me later?
Yes, as long as the person receiving the firearm is not in a prohibited category and the firearm is not an assault weapon, the transfer of a firearm between a husband and wife or registered domestic partners is exempt from the requirement to use a licensed dealer to perform the transfer. However, if the firearm is a handgun, the recipient must submit an Report of Operation of Law or Intra-Familial Handgun Transaction and $19 fee to the DOJ within 30 days.

(PC sections 12076(f), 12078(i))

see #6 from the california burea of firearms http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=cal...DoVxYjb_skl4r6

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 02-18-2013, 7:14 PM

I had recently moved in with my sister right before I purchased my first gun and didn't have utility bills with my name on them. I ended up using my voter registration card - that qualified since it was issued by the county government.

Here's the official low-down from the folks in the know:

http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/resprf

BK
Old 02-19-2013, 3:01 PM

do what i did. my car registration is under my moms name. and i give my rent money to her. so i dont have concrete evidence that i live here. so the good guys at gunsdirect burbank printed out a proof of residency agreement wich you can fill out and have your husband sign as the landlord and you sign as the rentee. you can get the document yourself through the DOJ website. the post on top of me has the link. print it out and your good to go
Old 02-19-2013, 3:36 PM

It would be easier for hubby to buy the gun.
Originally Posted by stix213
I'll worry about Hannibal Lecter having too many rights when the rest of us get ours in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dave View Post
Any American who isn't on a government watch list should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:38 AM

I have the same problem and was told to get an h-6 form from the dmv