Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 AM

Default Angeles is packed!

Just came back from clay shooting at Angeles, wow it's like a weekend day there! The line to check in is at least 15 deep, good luck people!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Lots of people off for the holidays prolly...

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Old 12-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member

15 in the office is a normal day. Try getting there earlier
Old 12-27-2012, 11:50 AM

It was kinda packed last night too. Fat guy kept shooting my target with his .22
Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExiled View Post
15 in the office is a normal day. Try getting there earlier
I was there early, 15 minutes after they opened. The line was out the door, so it's busy for a weekday. After New Years it will return to normal.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysight View Post
It was kinda packed last night too. Fat guy kept shooting my target with his .22
It was also packed during the week before Xmas.

I had some Nimrod remove my rifle target during the ceasefire because he didn't see anyone messing with it. Luckily I noticed and got it back out there. Then he proceeded to shoot his target stand into 6 pieces and left it on the range for the ROs to clear. Whatta douchebag.

"Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
, in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785
Old 12-27-2012, 6:21 PM
Veteran Member

Guess this answers my question that i was going to ask about what people think Angeles is going to be like tomorrow. I usually enjoy the solitude of Friday mornings with only a handful of people (especially the colder it gets), but I guess its my fate to have to wait until after the new year to enjoy some shooting.

I just got an H&R Buffalo Classic last week and have been going crazy to give it a try.
Mark 14:51 - 52

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep7081
The more I am on CalGuns the more I see why government keeps certain people from owning firearms.
[/size]
Old 12-27-2012, 6:24 PM
Veteran Member

I choose to not go there when it is this busy. I just don't like having to shoot in a crowded area.
Old 12-27-2012, 7:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whlgun View Post
I choose to not go there when it is this busy. I just don't like having to shoot in a crowded area.
+1

The reason I stopped going on the weekends and really enjoy the quiet Friday mornings.
Mark 14:51 - 52

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep7081
The more I am on CalGuns the more I see why government keeps certain people from owning firearms.
[/size]
Old 12-27-2012, 8:42 PM

I went today. I had gone a couple weeks ago on Saturday and didn't shoot as it was raining too much out there.
So today I had to shoot.
It's Thursday. Half price day. I didn't have to wait long at all, but it was crowded. I could barely get at the metal targets. I had lunch then went back at 2. I had a little more room then, as more people had left.
There was one idiot who put up his target directly in front of me. Then he kept going to the firing line during cease fire. They were yelling at him like crazy.
dc
Old 12-27-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David13 View Post
There was one idiot who put up his target directly in front of me. Then he kept going to the firing line during cease fire. They were yelling at him like crazy.
dc
If he was at the left-most position of the 7-yard targets, I'm pretty sure he never heard them yelling until the last time (I'm guessing hearing-protection + near-deafness).
Old 12-27-2012, 11:31 PM
9mm>.40
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David13 View Post
I went today. I had gone a couple weeks ago on Saturday and didn't shoot as it was raining too much out there.
So today I had to shoot.
It's Thursday. Half price day. I didn't have to wait long at all, but it was crowded. I could barely get at the metal targets. I had lunch then went back at 2. I had a little more room then, as more people had left.
dc
Wonder how many times they have to yell at you before they kick you out.

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 12-28-2012, 2:23 AM
Calguns Addict

Most DROSes for the panic occurred on or around the week of 12/17 - 12/21. Then it got REALLY crazy from 12/26 until yesterday. Therefore, you haven't seen anything yet. Wait until all of those newbs that bought their first firearm ever, an AR, AK, HK, or ??? hit the range in moronic droves.

The mass crowding and lines have yet to happen. That should all start just after New Years weekend (I say after New years, because many of these people will be picking up their guns that weekend, but due to some city ordinances, they won't be able to buy ammo that weekend, so they'll have to wait until the following weekend to hit the range. It's likely a large percentage haven't bought ammo yet; so it will all be an archaic mess come 1/5/2013 and going forward.)

It will be a free-for-all and a mess waiting to happen of standard safety protocols being ignored (due to ignorance), potential muzzle sweeps of the firing line, general misuse and mishandling of firearms, negligent discharges, and/or injuries to themselves or others, maybe even resulting in more tragic consequences.
Old 12-28-2012, 5:58 AM

I was there!

Yea, it was like a Saturday! Lines to wait in and barely a place on the rifle line!

Lots of folks playing with new toys..like me..I was zeroing in a scope that my son gave me for Xmas.

Some interesting thoughts here. As you "normally" walk the line, you see all sorts of rifles in all sorts of configurations and none seem to dominate. Yesterday, I saw a majority of shooters shooting "AR-type" of weapons. Seemed like every other shooter was shooting something in black with a pistol grip.

My funny observation happened when I was leaving and taking my target back to the office. I noticed one gentleman standing and shooting a semi auto with a wooden stock..looked old. But his shells were flying up and hitting a guy THREE benches over, IN THE HEAD. I saw at least 4 shells hit this guy right on the noggin. I didn't stay to see if he said anything to the guy, but it was funny to see!

I think I will wait a month to go back...maybe go on a Tuesday where us old pharts get half price.
Old 12-28-2012, 8:50 AM
Calguns Addict

I was there between 11-3. Yes crowded but I had no problems finding two benches next to each other.

I was on the Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun side. Brought 8 rifles and 6 handguns.

Shooter with me was new and never shot an AR-15 or M1A. Had fun with the accuracy of my hunting and target bolt action rifles, Remington 700P & 700CDL in .308 & .30-06.

Finished the day shooting handguns at the metal targets...Shot the Beretta 92/96, Glock 19, Kimber Pro Carry II with .22LR conversion kit, and finallly the Ruger MkIII Hunter.

All in all a great day.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill I Am View Post
I noticed one gentleman standing and shooting a semi auto with a wooden stock..looked old. But his shells were flying up and hitting a guy THREE benches over, IN THE HEAD. I saw at least 4 shells hit this guy right on the noggin. I didn't stay to see if he said anything to the guy, but it was funny to see!
I bet it was a Mini 14 or 30. I have a custom Mini-30 and those suckers reallly fling the brass.

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Old 12-28-2012, 9:28 PM

I hope you panic-buyers are happy now. The Angeles Reloading store now has put a limit on primers to 1,000 of any one type, and 2 lbs (or one large size) of any one powder.
Old 12-30-2012, 7:44 PM

That middle aged blonde woman at the counter talks way to much. Every time I go she has to flirt/socialize with every single person in line.
Old 12-30-2012, 7:44 PM

That middle aged blonde woman at the counter talks way to much. Every time I go she has to flirt/socialize with every single person in line.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 PM

She's ok, how often do you see someone who actually enjoys their job?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjunkie View Post
And if she wasn't that way, someone else would post up about how unfriendly she is. Just let people be and don't sweat the small stuff.
Old 01-12-2013, 5:11 PM

+1, I shoot there regularly, I would be upset if I didnt have a repor with at least a few people.