Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 AM

Default Incompetence at signal hill location.

So I called yesterday to ask if I can do a PPT of a complete New Frontier Armory lower. I don't remember the guys name, to ask specifically if Im required to have a bullet button on there as its only a lower. He proceeds to tell me no, as long as it is just a lower. Today I arrive to complete my transaction and am immediately told that I have an illegal firearm as I do not have a bullet button installed on my lower ( no upper ). They march my up and down the counter to double check with each slack jawed employee. The best BS answer was that it "says multi-cal so you need a bullet button otherwise it's illegal. "
Now I understand that each business is entitled to their opinion as to whom they do business with, but they should not spread ignorance and fear, especially at this time in this climate.

This is the exact same unchanged lower I bought at riflegear 6mos ago!! I am completely shocked and disgusted with these guys and as soon as my dros is over on the RIA 1911 I bought they will no longer get anymore of my currency.
Old 01-10-2013, 1:02 PM
CGN Contributor

I would like to know if this is true or not someone? Do you need a bullet button on a lower? Or, if you have a complete lower with EBR components, then do you need a bullet button?
Old 01-10-2013, 1:20 PM

Went to rifle gear, needed no bullet button as it is only a lower.
Old 01-10-2013, 1:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Have to have bullet button or fixed mag in assembled lower. Been tons of posts about this. Look on new frontier armory website where they say california compliant with bullet button.
Old 01-10-2013, 1:41 PM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerly779 View Post
Have to have bullet button or fixed mag in assembled lower. Been tons of posts about this. Look on new frontier armory website where they say california compliant with bullet button.
So what if you want to put a.22 upper on it?

Sent from Obama's Mind
Old 01-10-2013, 3:17 PM

Default :facepalm:

Quote:
Correct sir, but only when the lower is used with a center fire round. Therefore if you want to have a 22LR upper on it the bullet button is not required. Bottom line, I bought them a year ago from a local REPUTABLE dealer who tells me it IS legal to sell them without the BB.
Old 01-10-2013, 3:29 PM

ask them if you buy a lower from them do you need a bullet button NOPE
Old 01-10-2013, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Nope.

A lower by itself, complete or not, is not a semi-automatic, centerfire rifle so a magazine lock is not required.
"Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." - Heraclitus
Old 01-10-2013, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxadam579 View Post
ask them if you buy a lower from them do you need a bullet button NOPE
+1 on that

Firearms Policy Coalition Member/Contributor
Old 01-10-2013, 10:31 PM

sorry you got someone that is unfamilar with CA lower laws.
"The gun has played a critical role in history...an invention that has been both praised and denounced...served hero and villain alike...and carries with it moral responsibility. To better understand the gun is to better understand history."
Old 01-10-2013, 10:39 PM

Amazing
Old 01-11-2013, 11:31 AM

It's turners what do u expect?
Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 PM

some Turner's staff will consider BB guns to be real firearms...
Old 01-11-2013, 12:40 PM

Truth is you need to do your own homework. If you are going to rely on one sales person on the current laws then you'll probably not like the outcome if it ever comes that you have to answer for some questions from LE. Most LE don't know the current laws when it come to firearms, they have an idea but heck, that's what the DA's are for. It is ultimately your responsibility to know the law as it is up to you to provide for your own safety. Just saying...
Disclaimer: I would like to expressly convey to you (the reader) that were I to accidentally defame, purge, humiliate and or hurt someone's person or feelings as a result of them reading and or acting upon any or all of the information and or advice found here in my entries, it is entirely what I meant to say SO GET OVER IT, what did you expect coming from a web forum... warm and fuzzy stuff?
Old 01-11-2013, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abechira View Post
Truth is you need to do your own homework. If you are going to rely on one sales person on the current laws then you'll probably not like the outcome if it ever comes that you have to answer for some questions from LE. Most LE don't know the current laws when it come to firearms, they have an idea but heck, that's what the DA's are for. It is ultimately your responsibility to know the law as it is up to you to provide for your own safety. Just saying...
This is true, but its hard to teach those kind of people that they're incorrect with their interpretation of things. I know my lower is legal as I bought it 8 months ago exactly as is from RifleGear.

Last edited by wingnut232; 01-11-2013 at 6:51 PM..