Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 9:52 AM
Veteran Member

Default Anyone use the El Dorado Rod & Gun Club range?

I don't hear much about it .. only find a couple of comments.

Wondering if anyone here is a member and can comment on this range, the people, events, etc.

Anyone interested in making the trek to Placerville one of these weekends? Always nice to visit different ranges once in awhile.
Old 12-10-2012, 8:01 AM

Never been there, I just go into the mtns to plink. Ice Hs is my prefered location.
Old 12-10-2012, 2:13 PM

I've shot there a couple of times and the guys where very cool. Once, they were doing a six gun western shoot only, no rifle RO that day. I rolled up with my 'brand new' M1 Garand and asked very nicely if I could just shoot a few. One of the members that was shooting the 6 gun said can I see it? He says, "Since I'm the probably the only one that was actually issued one of these by the Marines, I'll be your RO" He give it a good once over, tells me a story about his sarge taking one down to the mess and blasting it with steam to remove the cosmo. He hands it back to me and says, if you do your job that rifle will do it's. 10 rounds later I'm splitting the X at 100 yards.

Sorry where we talking about the range? In my limited experience they are very cool there. The El Dorado sheriff takes it over 2 days I week I believe. Just check the calendar before you go.

They've got a fun house that they use for there defensive pistol class, 100 yard rifle and a pistol range. Not huge, but it will do if you don't want to just go find some BLM around there.
"What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty…. Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins.” (Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, spoken during floor debate over the Second Amendment [I Annals of Congress at 750, August 17, 1789])
Old 12-11-2012, 5:34 PM

Default I liked it.

Visited twice, only shot there once. My problem with this range is it doesn't seem to have regular hours. It is about the same distance for me to go to the sac valley shooting ctr. They have regular hours (I think it was weekday that bugged me at El Dorado) and more choices (up to 300yds for visitors and 1000yds for member w/guests). Some restriction apply on the members only stations.
Old 01-07-2013, 6:20 PM

I am a member. I enjoy their defensive pistol matches and also take the kids to shoot the kids organized plinking. They have a lot of events which are fun. They are not typical in that during business hours the range isn't always open to shoot so don't just show up. Just check the calendar and make sure they have events at the time you are looking. Good people though.
Old 02-12-2013, 5:16 AM

Default Good timing with your inquiry

Just so happens there's a great article on the El Dorado Rod and Gun club in yesterday's Mountain Democrat newspaper.

http://www.mtdemocrat.com/

I'm a member and shoot there on a regular basis. All 3 (rifle, pistol, trap) ranges are safely operated, clean and frequented by a great group of folks.

Annual dues are $50. Rifle and pistol range are $5 for members; Trap is $4.50 per round.

It's worth the drive to check it out.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:19 AM

So for some reason I received an email from a shooter that said that he heard on this site (calguns.net) that the El Dorado Rod & Gun Club had closed. This is NOT SO! We're open and have more shooters than every.

The range is open and running with more members and shooters than ever. You must visit our website and read our calendar to find out what days and hours we’re open. Here is the link: http://www.edrgc.com/calendar-online.htm

So we do share our rifle & pistol ranges with local law enforcement, and those days are shown on the calendar. Again the calendar is where you go to see if the range is open for what it is you wish to shoot. If you’re into Trap Shooting our trap range is open every Wednesday and Sunday.

I hope this helps clear up any question about the club

Regards,

Rob Charny, President El Dorado Rod & Gun Club.
www.edrgc.com