Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 01-07-2013, 8:56 AM

Default San Bernardino County - Restrictions printed on license?

I heard that in some of our surrounding counties (Orange) they list restrictions on your license - ie, if you say it's for transporting expensive materials for business, they list hours in which you are allowed to carry from 7am to 6pm.

I transport expensive equipment for business and have had my company vehicle broken into, but I make many overnight trips to remote locations. I am also a solo backpacker and there have been instances of backpackers murdered by intoxicated indiduals at a campsite in our Mountains. Would they put any restrictions on business hours for somebody like me?

I am also a sworn volunteer forces member for the SB Sheriff's Office - NOT a POST Certified Deputy - but an on call volunteer with mountain rescue (background check and interview required, but not the same as for a deputy). Should I list that on my application?? I'm brand new to the SAR teams, so not sure if that's a good idea or not. San Bernardino SAR teams do not carry firearms when on a rescue mission, but I would be seen in public with a uniform and bad guys wouldn't discriminate, my shoulder patch still says San Bernardino County Sheriff.

Last edited by bscruz; 01-07-2013 at 9:00 AM..
Old 01-07-2013, 9:11 AM
Calguns Addict

They can restrict however they see fit for your particular issuance. I know if you want a CCW for work reasons you cannot get a personal issuance and use it for work, but rather your employer would be the one to jump through the hoops but that only makes sense.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Banned

SBSO does not issue for work, period. Check your pm
Old 01-07-2013, 4:11 PM
short bus driver

The only restriction I've ever seen on a LTC permit issued by the San Bernardino County Sheriff was "Not valid for employment purposes".
The permit holder said it was placed on there so that he could not conceal carry while working security.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 01-07-2013, 7:42 PM

^^^This^^^

You need not worry about all that nonsense in SB Co. They will issue for personal protection and you will not need to pigeon-hole yourself into any certain situations where you can and cannot carry. Carry everywhere you go and at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher Space Chimp View Post
Where can I get a pair..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPER395 View Post
I like it colored
Old 01-08-2013, 2:09 PM
Banned

Default San Berdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
The only restriction I've ever seen on a LTC permit issued by the San Bernardino County Sheriff was "Not valid for employment purposes".
The permit holder said it was placed on there so that he could not conceal carry while working security.
+1 on this. Just got my renewal and just like the last one, this is the only restriction they place on it.

Also, just as TurboS600 said, you don't need to come up with "good cause" for our county. They'll want you to write one or two paragraphs out, but there is no threshhold you have to meet to get your license.

In other words, wanting to be able to carry for your personal protection is sufficient.

Isn't it nice living in a county with a reasonable issuing approach?