Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-05-2013, 5:30 PM
OldShooter32's Avatar
OldShooter32 OldShooter32 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On a hill with good fields of fire near Lockeford
Posts: 2,053
iTrader: 63 / 100%
Default

Gun-free zone for a 2A protest.

Ok

Trying to digest it. Retired 35+ year cop w/carry endorsement. Not sure I know how to walk without a counter-balance.
__________________
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

Walnut media for bright brass
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=621214
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-05-2013, 6:03 PM
Target-Ed Target-Ed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 150
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Re Protest

Gun Free 2A protest? I know it is against the grain of our members. The idea is to de-fuse the media. By not being armed, we are not waving a red blanket in the face of a bull, our illustrious legislature and the liberal media. By doing this we have taken away their fire. If something did happen during the protest, WE DID NOT DO IT, WE WERE UNARMED.

Ed
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-05-2013, 7:08 PM
USMCbassman USMCbassman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 26
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I'd love to be there, but like a few others stated I'm in SoCal and it just isn't feasible for me right now to make it up to Sac.

The Feb 8th one has been split (last I seen anyways) into two: one in Sac and one in LA. I plan on attending the one in LA.

Good luck and I'll be watching for you all on the tube!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-05-2013, 7:09 PM
Colt-45's Avatar
Colt-45 Colt-45 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,937
iTrader: 131 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldShooter32 View Post
Gun-free zone for a 2A protest.

Ok

Trying to digest it. Retired 35+ year cop w/carry endorsement. Not sure I know how to walk without a counter-balance.
I understand how you feel, but the reason for this is all the dirty tricks the gun grabbers play. There is no doubt in my mind that they will attempt to undermine or sabotage the protest.

I personally dont see the problem for those that CCW to go armed but thats up to the organizers to decide.

I think it has more to do with this though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbchief2 View Post
Remind every one attending firearms are prohibited for the average citizen, even with LTC in Capital Park.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2
Oldshooter32, If you are one of those special people then do not hesitate.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-05-2013, 8:12 PM
Tronite's Avatar
Tronite Tronite is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Santa Clara Co., Ca.
Posts: 129
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Sanchanim, you should contact Wes (Pen Maker on this forum) regarding radio media coverage. He's doing the California Gun Talk radio show on KSCO out of Santa Cruz. Maybe he can do a special live show from Sacramento that day.
__________________
NRA Member
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-05-2013, 9:22 PM
vanhahner444@hotmail.com vanhahner444@hotmail.com is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 226
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadel View Post
Okay. So if media coverage is the goal, has someone stepped forward as the sole media contact for the Sacramento event? Are they presentable (suit and tie) and well spoken? Has a press release been developed for distribution to articulate exactly why you are protesting and how any of that applies to state legislation? Is this media contact prepared to be confronted by not only anti-gun reporters from the media (asking questions like: Why do you support mass shooting of Kindergartners?) but also the antagonism of anti-gun counter protesters intended to disrupt your activities?

Citadel you make some good points, but flooding our legislators with emails is not enough. The gays in this country only represented 2 percent of the population and yet look at what they accomplished by hitting the street in protest for equal rights all across the land.
It's estimated that 51 percent of all households in the U.S. have a gun in the house and you would think that the percentage would mean something, but we are seeing the Second Amendment eroded each year by state and federal anti gun laws.

"A picture is worth a thousand words!" It's time to hit the street!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Sanchanim Sanchanim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tracy CA
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
Okay. So if media coverage is the goal, has someone stepped forward as the sole media contact for the Sacramento event? Are they presentable (suit and tie) and well spoken? Has a press release been developed for distribution to articulate exactly why you are protesting and how any of that applies to state legislation? Is this media contact prepared to be confronted by not only anti-gun reporters from the media (asking questions like: Why do you support mass shooting of Kindergartners?) but also the antagonism of anti-gun counter protesters intended to disrupt your activities?
That would be me.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Sanchanim Sanchanim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tracy CA
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronite View Post
Sanchanim, you should contact Wes (Pen Maker on this forum) regarding radio media coverage. He's doing the California Gun Talk radio show on KSCO out of Santa Cruz. Maybe he can do a special live show from Sacramento that day.
Thanks Tronite. Not sure which email contact to use.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Sanchanim Sanchanim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tracy CA
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

If you are 100% certain you can carry on the capitol property then by all means. I would just hate to see one of ours arrested because an LEO thought it was illegal.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 AM
fourtraxmc fourtraxmc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 386
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

I will be there. Shot Show and 2A support in the same week, WIN!
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-06-2013, 5:17 AM
shamanrock's Avatar
shamanrock shamanrock is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhahner444@hotmail.com View Post
Citadel you make some good points, but flooding our legislators with emails is not enough. The gays in this country only represented 2 percent of the population and yet look at what they accomplished by hitting the street in protest for equal rights all across the land.
It's estimated that 51 percent of all households in the U.S. have a gun in the house and you would think that the percentage would mean something, but we are seeing the Second Amendment eroded each year by state and federal anti gun laws.

"A picture is worth a thousand words!" It's time to hit the street!
I live in LA. I too would like to protest here in LA. Is there anything going on here that I can attend to soon? I'm tired of the media bashing us law abiding good guy gun owners!!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-06-2013, 7:02 AM
USMCbassman USMCbassman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 26
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Here's a link to the Feb 8th protest in SoCal:

https://www.facebook.com/events/4045...19511357487835
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-06-2013, 7:16 AM
CitaDeL's Avatar
CitaDeL CitaDeL is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 5,278
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhahner444@hotmail.com View Post
Citadel you make some good points, but flooding our legislators with emails is not enough. The gays in this country only represented 2 percent of the population and yet look at what they accomplished by hitting the street in protest for equal rights all across the land.
It's estimated that 51 percent of all households in the U.S. have a gun in the house and you would think that the percentage would mean something, but we are seeing the Second Amendment eroded each year by state and federal anti gun laws.

"A picture is worth a thousand words!" It's time to hit the street!
If you believe that the gay rights movement achieved what they have by going to the streets in protest, you would be wrong. Their achievements have only begun to change significantly in the last 10-20 years and this is after decades of advocacy. If you had done your research, you would have found that their political marches were in D.C. with a sympathetic sitting President or in California and New York where the political constituency was likewise tolerant.

The suggestion of protesting for gun rights in California at this time is like recommending a gay pride parade in Arkansas. In 1955.

While I am not gay or a minority, I would hope that the picture media would take away from this event is that of a racially diverse group holding a sign that says, "Gun Rights are Gay Rights" or "Gun Rights are MY Civil Rights" and not that of a group of slovenly, obese, white retirees dressed in BDU's holding a sign that says "MOLON LABE" or anything that might be attached to the 'Tea Party'.

The message has to be delivered by messengers that are unassailable in the California media. Gay men, young pretty women, minorities, and those with handicaps that limit their ability to defend themselves are essential to building this picture that gun owners are more dynamic than angry white men. This must be a component of every media contact, including the press release.

It is not enough to wave a protest sign in the camera- promotional materials (like a large banner, pamphlets) should have an easy to read website where viewers can get more information and get involved in contacting their representatives. (Yes, more letter writers...if you want to be seen, it must be by people who can take meaningful action.)

If this is to be a sucess and earn support from the wider gun community in California, organization cannot rely solely on asking people just to show up to concentrate numbers... it must be tailored to illustrate that gun owners are not just diverse but need the protection of their civil rights.
__________________

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-06-2013, 9:43 AM
Sanchanim Sanchanim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tracy CA
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
If you believe that the gay rights movement achieved what they have by going to the streets in protest, you would be wrong. Their achievements have only begun to change significantly in the last 10-20 years and this is after decades of advocacy. If you had done your research, you would have found that their political marches were in D.C. with a sympathetic sitting President or in California and New York where the political constituency was likewise tolerant.

The suggestion of protesting for gun rights in California at this time is like recommending a gay pride parade in Arkansas. In 1955.

While I am not gay or a minority, I would hope that the picture media would take away from this event is that of a racially diverse group holding a sign that says, "Gun Rights are Gay Rights" or "Gun Rights are MY Civil Rights" and not that of a group of slovenly, obese, white retirees dressed in BDU's holding a sign that says "MOLON LABE" or anything that might be attached to the 'Tea Party'.

The message has to be delivered by messengers that are unassailable in the California media. Gay men, young pretty women, minorities, and those with handicaps that limit their ability to defend themselves are essential to building this picture that gun owners are more dynamic than angry white men. This must be a component of every media contact, including the press release.

It is not enough to wave a protest sign in the camera- promotional materials (like a large banner, pamphlets) should have an easy to read website where viewers can get more information and get involved in contacting their representatives. (Yes, more letter writers...if you want to be seen, it must be by people who can take meaningful action.)

If this is to be a sucess and earn support from the wider gun community in California, organization cannot rely solely on asking people just to show up to concentrate numbers... it must be tailored to illustrate that gun owners are not just diverse but need the protection of their civil rights.
Yes this is what we are pushing for. Right now we are organizing through FaceBook. As such I am proposing to disseminate materials which have accurate facts, and a consistent message.
The fact is as far as DiFi's legislation is concerned we only have ideas, not the actual bill text yet. As far as we know it is to be released on January 22nd. We have seen other garbage being submitted by folks in Illinois, and New York City. If this is anything like those bills we will have a lot to worry about.
I realize your concern, but the reality is we will never get something to be perfect.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-06-2013, 11:42 AM
vanhahner444@hotmail.com vanhahner444@hotmail.com is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 226
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
The suggestion of protesting for gun rights in California at this time is like recommending a gay pride parade in Arkansas. In 1955.
Really ! What time would you suggest ?
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Sanchanim Sanchanim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tracy CA
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhahner444@hotmail.com View Post
Really ! What time would you suggest ?
I agree..
@ CitaDeL Lets see Calgun.net, the SAF etc etc all work towards our gun right. CalGun.net is dedicated specifically to gun rights within California. So I think the real question based on your comment is what the heck are you doing on this forum????

Now is the time... DiFi is pushing new legislation that isn't just about AR-15's, it is about every modern pistol and rifle made today.
Leland Yee WILL BE BACK to push his filth in Congress. So when should we protest, after the first law abiding citizen gives his life in defense f his freedoms? After 1000's are arrested like criminals? You tell me...
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-06-2013, 11:55 AM
vanhahner444@hotmail.com vanhahner444@hotmail.com is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 226
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Sanchanim, maybe I'm preaching to the choir, but having guest speakers who will address the rally members, is all important. I hope you will be able to find some key figures who will voice are concerns about the coming legislative action that will threaten our Second Amendment rights.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-06-2013, 12:19 PM
CitaDeL's Avatar
CitaDeL CitaDeL is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 5,278
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhahner444@hotmail.com View Post
Really ! What time would you suggest ?

At a time where our state legislature is not dominated by a democrat 2/3rd majority in both chambers. At a time when we are not awaiting the rulings in a pending court cases. At a time not immediately after a nationally publicized mass shooting event that has instigated not only local and state legislative remedies, but a Federal ban being advanced by our own Senator. I would say the time to put a new face on gun ownership is when gun owners have the ability to drive the dialogue, not to be the subject of it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchanim View Post
I agree..
@ CitaDeL Lets see Calgun.net, the SAF etc etc all work towards our gun right. CalGun.net is dedicated specifically to gun rights within California. So I think the real question based on your comment is what the heck are you doing on this forum????

Now is the time... DiFi is pushing new legislation that isn't just about AR-15's, it is about every modern pistol and rifle made today.
Leland Yee WILL BE BACK to push his filth in Congress. So when should we protest, after the first law abiding citizen gives his life in defense f his freedoms? After 1000's are arrested like criminals? You tell me...

Oh. So, because I disagree with your desire to shake a sign at the Capitol, my presense at a pro-gun website must be suspect? Please enlighten me, how was SB249 stopped without a crowd of angry gunowners storming the Capitol steps? Where were the sign wavers then? Were they holding up their sign at Leland Yee's presser (ALA 'Code Pink' during Wayne LaPierre's NRA press conference)? Nope. They were tearing up the phones and fax lines.

I will tell you what I am doing here. I'm herding cats. I'm trying to get them to think before they act and trying to make sure they dont sh*t in the sandbox.

Yes, now is the time to take action, but too many overestimate the effectiveness of free speech protests inside enemy territory where the media, law enforcement and the legislature look at gunowners as a loony, insignificant, and impotent political faction. Our time, resources, and money are better spent on doing things that are proven to get results- not things that get you ridiculed on the evening news or make you feel better for waving a flag in defiance of an opponent that thinks nothing of you.
__________________

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Sanchanim Sanchanim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tracy CA
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhahner444@hotmail.com View Post
Sanchanim, maybe I'm preaching to the choir, but having guest speakers who will address the rally members, is all important. I hope you will be able to find some key figures who will voice are concerns about the coming legislative action that will threaten our Second Amendment rights.
We are trying.. If anyone knows anyone please let me know. I am not as well connected as I would like.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Tripeaks69's Avatar
Tripeaks69 Tripeaks69 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 940
iTrader: 9 / 91%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldy84 View Post
I'm 5 blocks away from the Capital and I'm in. And it's my BIRTHDAY!!! No better way to celebrate!
Happy Birthday in advance, youre going to get a big birthday celebration this year with thousands of freedom-lover friends


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 01-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Sanchanim Sanchanim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tracy CA
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
At a time where our state legislature is not dominated by a democrat 2/3rd majority in both chambers. At a time when we are not awaiting the rulings in a pending court cases. At a time not immediately after a nationally publicized mass shooting event that has instigated not only local and state legislative remedies, but a Federal ban being advanced by our own Senator. I would say the time to put a new face on gun ownership is when gun owners have the ability to drive the dialogue, not to be the subject of it.





Oh. So, because I disagree with your desire to shake a sign at the Capitol, my presense at a pro-gun website must be suspect? Please enlighten me, how was SB249 stopped without a crowd of angry gunowners storming the Capitol steps? Where were the sign wavers then? Were they holding up their sign at Leland Yee's presser (ALA 'Code Pink' during Wayne LaPierre's NRA press conference)? Nope. They were tearing up the phones and fax lines.

I will tell you what I am doing here. I'm herding cats. I'm trying to get them to think before they act and trying to make sure they dont sh*t in the sandbox.

Yes, now is the time to take action, but too many overestimate the effectiveness of free speech protests inside enemy territory where the media, law enforcement and the legislature look at gunowners as a loony, insignificant, and impotent political faction. Our time, resources, and money are better spent on doing things that are proven to get results- not things that get you ridiculed on the evening news or make you feel better for waving a flag in defiance of an opponent that thinks nothing of you.
Believe me I am all for writing faxing and emailing. Phone to voice one's opposition. This will not be a bunch of guys in camo dancing around with plastic AR's. We are trying to get the general public who could care less about gun rights to wake up. Many don't care or don't understand. As an example, my parents who were teachers for many years, and are highly educated, are completely mislead by main stream media and are totally misinformed. If they watch the news and see me speak they will be informed.

I do fear with a 2.3 majority in the new state congress our jobs will be much more difficult. However we are not alone, we are planning protests on many other states same day. This should help force the national discussion.

So whether we want to stand with signs, or write or email, or call these are all legal methods for each of us to voice are grievance and should be supported by all. So me questioning you being on this site stems from the academic ideal that any method to voice our grievance should be excepted and encouraged.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Sanchanim Sanchanim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tracy CA
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripeaks69 View Post
Happy Birthday in advance, youre going to get a big birthday celebration this year with thousands of freedom-lover friends


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ha we might need to waltz on over towards old town after fro drinks!!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Tripeaks69's Avatar
Tripeaks69 Tripeaks69 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 940
iTrader: 9 / 91%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhahner444@hotmail.com View Post
Sanchanim, maybe I'm preaching to the choir, but having guest speakers who will address the rally members, is all important. I hope you will be able to find some key figures who will voice are concerns about the coming legislative action that will threaten our Second Amendment rights.
Invite any or all of the Pro 2A representatives to CA Legislature, most likely the Republicans to speak to the crowd.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-06-2013, 1:12 PM
vanhahner444@hotmail.com vanhahner444@hotmail.com is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 226
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
At a time where our state legislature is not dominated by a democrat 2/3rd majority in both chambers. At a time when we are not awaiting the rulings in a pending court cases. At a time not immediately after a nationally publicized mass shooting event that has instigated not only local and state legislative remedies, but a Federal ban being advanced by our own Senator. I would say the time to put a new face on gun ownership is when gun owners have the ability to drive the dialogue, not to be the subject of it.
The focus is aimed nation wide on every State Capitol with protest directed towards the federal government.

Why ?

President Obama on January 29 will give his State of the Union Address and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.

President Obama, in a press conference vowed to do "everything in my power" to advance proposals to reduce gun violence and will urged Congress to vote on measures banning the sale of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines and requiring background checks before any firearm sale.

No Congressional Approval Needed

Quote:
A president may also issue an executive order, which has the full effect of law and is directed to federal agencies that are charged with carrying out the order. Examples include Franklin D. Roosevelt's executive order for the internment of Japanese-Americans after the attack on Pearl Harbor, Harry Truman's integration of the armed forces and Dwight Eisenhower's order to integrate the nation's schools.
Here might be one example : President Obama orders A.T.F&E to pull any and all F.F.L. from gun dealers after June 1st. who sell an assault weapon or a magazine that has a capacity of over ten rounds.


Quote:
Congress cannot directly vote to override an executive order in the way they can a veto. Instead, Congress must pass a bill canceling or changing the order in a manner they see fit. The president will typically veto that bill, and then Congress can try to override the veto of that second bill. The Supreme Court can also declare an executive order to be unconstitutional. Congressional cancellation of an order is extremely rare.
We have to act now to set the stage for whats to come. I hope you will join us CitaDeL .

Desperate times call for Desperate measures !

Last edited by vanhahner444@hotmail.com; 01-06-2013 at 1:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-06-2013, 1:26 PM
Sanchanim Sanchanim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tracy CA
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripeaks69 View Post
Invite any or all of the Pro 2A representatives to CA Legislature, most likely the Republicans to speak to the crowd.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
That might be an option, but there are not that many left these days lol
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-06-2013, 5:15 PM
Tronite's Avatar
Tronite Tronite is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Santa Clara Co., Ca.
Posts: 129
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Sanchanim, here's the contact info from his post announcing his radio show:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<
California GunTalk is for Us, the gun owner and a place were we can talk and discuss all the California gun topics. Please tune in if you can. If your not in the Santa Cruz / San Fran area, you can tune in live at KSCO.com. If your so inclined to chime in during the show you can call in at 831.479.1080 or send a email to wes@californiaguntalk.com

Also would love to hear what topics in the future that people would be interested in.

Wes Host
Santa Cruz Armory &
Host of California GunTalk
<<<<<<<<<<<<<
__________________
NRA Member
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-06-2013, 7:01 PM
Sanchanim Sanchanim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tracy CA
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronite View Post
Sanchanim, here's the contact info from his post announcing his radio show:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<
California GunTalk is for Us, the gun owner and a place were we can talk and discuss all the California gun topics. Please tune in if you can. If your not in the Santa Cruz / San Fran area, you can tune in live at KSCO.com. If your so inclined to chime in during the show you can call in at 831.479.1080 or send a email to wes@californiaguntalk.com

Also would love to hear what topics in the future that people would be interested in.

Wes Host
Santa Cruz Armory &
Host of California GunTalk
<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Awesome thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-06-2013, 7:15 PM
Glock31B's Avatar
Glock31B Glock31B is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In the area of California
Posts: 382
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

TAG!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-06-2013, 7:23 PM
soldierboy soldierboy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MODESTO
Posts: 139
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

For anyone who is in SoCal and would like to carpool down and back I will be driving down and back.
__________________
(o\ ! /o)
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-06-2013, 7:38 PM
Sanchanim Sanchanim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tracy CA
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierboy View Post
For anyone who is in SoCal and would like to carpool down and back I will be driving down and back.
Car pooling is a great idea!!!
I am near Sacramento, and I know how hard it is for folks in Southern California. Plus it is great for the environment too!
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-06-2013, 7:59 PM
G-Man WC's Avatar
G-Man WC G-Man WC is offline
Prawn Lives Matter
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Bay
Posts: 9,144
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

This is a very important statment we need to make here and now.
To make this an effective and a notable event, I think:
It should take place during the week.
People should call in to work sick, and kids pulled from school to attend. We need everyone.
A few hundred or few thousand will be laughed at by the media bias.
The numbers need to be overwhelming but without the mob rules, occupy mentality.
The march should be on a major road near the capitol, shutting
it down for for maximum effect. Pull a permit like the leftist creeps
marching in SanFrancisco and Oakland while getting a free police escort.
Everything should be peaceful. Everyone should carry zip ties to use on the troublemakers that will try and disrupt this event.
My 2cents.
-g
__________________
Spare a thought for the stay-at-home voter
Empty eyes gaze at strange beauty shows
And a parade of the gray suited grafters
A choice of cancer or polio

-Jagger\Richards 68
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-06-2013, 8:06 PM
Sivartius Sivartius is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Hey, if anyone from Butte County wants to carpool get a hold of me.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-06-2013, 8:37 PM
snorky snorky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 454
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Is there any possibility that this could be moved to Sunday the 20th?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-06-2013, 8:43 PM
Dantedamean's Avatar
Dantedamean Dantedamean is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,257
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Damn, I live in Covina, it's about a 8 hour drive for me ( I think). I will do my best to be there.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-06-2013, 8:55 PM
thrasherfox thrasherfox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,325
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I am about 4 hours away but I should be able to make it.
__________________
1 Peter 3:15

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 01-06-2013, 9:01 PM
Mercenetti's Avatar
Mercenetti Mercenetti is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: BAY AREA SACRAMENTO HOLLYWOOD
Posts: 1,941
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Ill be there
__________________
Government by the consent of the governed
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Sanchanim Sanchanim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tracy CA
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man WC View Post
This is a very important statment we need to make here and now.
To make this an effective and a notable event, I think:
It should take place during the week.
People should call in to work sick, and kids pulled from school to attend. We need everyone.
A few hundred or few thousand will be laughed at by the media bias.
The numbers need to be overwhelming but without the mob rules, occupy mentality.
The march should be on a major road near the capitol, shutting
it down for for maximum effect. Pull a permit like the leftist creeps
marching in SanFrancisco and Oakland while getting a free police escort.
Everything should be peaceful. Everyone should carry zip ties to use on the troublemakers that will try and disrupt this event.
My 2cents.
-g
G-Man,
I agree, although many of us do not have the option of getting off during the week. While the current plan right now for this first rally is a Saturday, if the numbers are there and we get media involved, then I can assure you there will be more. There is also another protest, I believe scheduled for February 8th. That will be a mid week protest. Either way this is a starting point, it is something we can do right now.
I am working to see if we can get a local radio host there, and I am also attempting to make contact with someone from SAF as well. I would love to have tens of thousands of people, but this is a revolution, it might start small, but it will grow. Just because we can't make it an MLK million man march out the gate, but we will get there.
We hope to have a website up here shortly, so stay tuned, and I will update everyone as soon as I get the info!!
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Sanchanim Sanchanim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tracy CA
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantedamean View Post
Damn, I live in Covina, it's about a 8 hour drive for me ( I think). I will do my best to be there.
Once we have our website up I will let you guys know.
I will be working with the two folks who started this and we will make sure there is a place to organize rides etc...
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-06-2013, 11:31 PM
vanhahner444@hotmail.com vanhahner444@hotmail.com is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 226
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHahner View Post
Desperate times call for Desperate measures !

Rally !
To all Californians we need your help in distributing copy's of this Hand bill and give to friends and your local gun shops .



Thanks, Van
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-07-2013, 6:11 AM
CitaDeL's Avatar
CitaDeL CitaDeL is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 5,278
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man WC View Post
Everyone should carry zip ties to use on the troublemakers that will try and disrupt this event.
My 2cents.
-g

Oh. This sounds suspiciously like an endorsement of plans for abduction or false imprisonment of troublemakers. Without a legal justification to arrest someone, this is just asking for a lawsuit regardless of whether the trouble maker is a someone who refuses to leave the camo at home or a Brady dissenter. Get a few more people on board with this and you can collect a conspiracy charge to boot.
__________________

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:22 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.