Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM

Default Model 1 Sales????

Has anyone purchased an upper from Model 1 Sales in the month of December and heard anything from them, or recieved your upper yet? I got an email confirmation right away, but haven't heard or seen anything since. I know they are busy, but I haven't heard anything since. I emailed them, no response. I have called a number of times, but I just get a busy signal. What is your experiance?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:38 AM

I am hesitant of buying anything from M1 sales. I built my 6.8 SPC myself, when I was researching the barrel purchase, I found that M1 has been unwilling to have their barrels upgraded to the spec 2 chamber. The 1 in 9.5 twist is also not optimum for the caliber. Their decision to "stick" with the SAAMI spec's gave me concern. The whole 6.8 SPC world (to my knowledge) has moved onto 1 in 11 to 1 in 12 twists, and taken the chamber to a whole level. Understand that the SAAMI spec'ed chamber will shoot factory low end loads. It will not "safely" shoot TAC loads. This is a safety issue for all who own 6.8s. You may not be interested in the 6.8, but that's not the point. When management makes decisions, they are reflections of the company. YMMV
Old 01-03-2013, 11:38 AM

I've heard Model 1 Sales, isn't one of the best to deal with. However, i have also heard their products run fine. CS isn't great. but again this is not from my own experience...i almost purchased from them a few years back.

glad i didn't.

Anyway, seems times are tough ATM, so they probably got high volume sales, keep trying to call them. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:40 AM

Just wait. If you have no patience during this period, don't order anything.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:40 AM

artimious,

Every year my buddy and I head to the last big show in AZ but this past year for some reason they weren't there. I wanted to get an upper from them as I've bought uppers from them in the past and despite what other have said about them I never had any bad isues with their products.

OH well they lost out this year so I bought an upper from another source/Double Star. The only item I couldn't find was a completed chrome BCG of reasonable price.

I your case as long as you have confirmation number then you should be fine but just in case call them towards the end of the month for an update unless there website can give you the info you need.

Mail Clerk
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Their website will continue to take orders no matter what. And they will eventually get to your order. However, be prepared to wait. And wait. And wait a bit more. In 2008, they had a 6-8 month backorder. Calling them is kind of pointless. However, if you really feel the need to speak to somebody, call during the middle of the week in the mornings. Otherwise, sit back and wait. They will get to you eventually. The one thing you need to watch is you credit card. Their online system has been hacked in the past, and they have had problems with people stealing credit card info and running up huge tabs.

As for their quality, they are one of the lower-tier producers. Generally functional, but not spectacular. I have 2 of their uppers that I have used for years without any problems. Other people have had issues with their front sights being canted and such. Don't expect it to be a Noveske. But the odds are that you will end up with a perfectly functional rifle when all is said and done.

-Mb
Old 01-03-2013, 1:38 PM

I ordered a complete kit from them on 12/21 and got the email confirmation from them immediately as well. I called them a few days later (actually got someone on the phone) I was assured my order was in place, that they don't charge until items are ready for shipment and they are experiencing lead times of 6 months. After hanging up and talking with my hitherto wife, she asked me to call them back and change payment to another CC instead of check card. Tried literally 5 minutes after talking with someone and haven't got anyone on the phone since. My bro-in-law has built several rifles from them and swears by them, just said CS is not their speciality.
Old 01-03-2013, 3:07 PM

Thanks for the post. I have a kit on order with them, too.

Good to see others in the same boat.

As long as they deliver a good product, eventually, its all good.
Old 01-04-2013, 3:52 AM

Bump
Old 02-19-2013, 9:41 PM

I ordered a complete upper on November 19 and I just received it last week, Febuary 11. The best way to get a hold of them is by fax, as their phone lines are busy all day. I had quite the wait but it was worth it, now that I have my upper.
Old 02-20-2013, 8:17 AM

Model 1 a joke. With the panic going on right now, they put Internet sales on hold so they can sell what they have in stock at inflated prices at gun shows.
Old 04-04-2013, 8:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annex138 View Post
Model 1 a joke. With the panic going on right now, they put Internet sales on hold so they can sell what they have in stock at inflated prices at gun shows.
Sorry to bump an old thread.. But I said it over and over again -Its a business. They are there to make money

If you dont like the prices, go buy somewhere else. Oh wait.... everyones prices are high at the moment. So chill out and wait it out.

FWIW I placed an order for a barrel on Feb 7th.... Have yet to receive any kind of response regarding mags (10rds) or any updates on the order.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:37 AM

I put an order in yesterday for a 7.62x39 upper. I called with some questions on the parts, and to get a rough timeline on when it would be available. Not sure if the lady was annoyed with the questions or if she was serious, but I was told 8-10 months. I'd go with someone else, but it's a good deal for a complete kit (everything to finish off my rifle), and from those I've talked to that actually OWN a Model 1 upper in that caliber (and others)... the quality is good.
Unless you are from the Brady Bunch.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:49 AM

I bought a handguard from them. A week later it arrived. Good quality and they also sent me a tracking number. I have no complaints. I did call ahead of time to make sure they had it in stock.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

Being anoyyed on the phone is probably normal for alot of companies right now. I can't imagine how many calls a min they get from people all over the US asking how long, or if uppers are in stock. Probably non stop ringing 24/7.
My dad has a couple model 1 uppers (22lr and 223) Nothing fancy, works fine.

"I work, therefore I am."
Old 04-27-2013, 12:54 PM

Yeah.. I figured they probably get that question about every 5 minutes. But.. I'm OK with the wait. It'll probably be sooner as the panic dies down, and I'm in no real hurry now that I finally got the lower.

BTW.. like the "Danger Close" avatar... MoH, right?
Unless you are from the Brady Bunch.
Old 04-27-2013, 7:14 PM

I called them last Wednesday and the lady i spoke with said they were working on orders that day that were placed on 12-19-12.