Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 01-01-2013, 5:38 PM

That's a lot of good brass there.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell on a BBC broadcast, April 4, 1942

"Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You need to learn to shoot slow, real fast." ---Wyatt Earp
Old 01-01-2013, 7:48 PM

Chim be careful with brass left behind make sure it doesn't have signs of case head seperation, good lookin out cleaning up!

http://www.socalprecisionforum.com/

Become a SoCal Precision Rifle Team fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/SoCalPrecisionRifleTeam
Old 01-01-2013, 10:26 PM

Good job picking up after slobs, it's an endless battle!
We do the same when out East.
Been wanting to try setting up a thick tarp with half of it on the ground and half propped up. Shoot next to it so the spent casings mostly end up on the tarp. Should make for easier clean-up.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member

Probably the same idiots that shot up, and then tried to pull down the big single tree out there at BBM. That thing had obviously survived several brush fires out there over several seasons, only to be destroyed by a bunch of tatted up flat hatters with pre runners. The amount and variety of trash left in that area was also pretty staggering. Everything from washers/dryers to store manequins. I'm surprised the BLM ranger hasn't set up game cameras out there to get license plate #s.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

I picked up about 300 shotgun hulls, and 400 LC 5.56 brass from BBM about 4 months ago. The Bros had shot all the no vehicle traffic signs.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 AM

Ah man, hope I dont get the black sock stereo type as I wear the nike fit compression socks when mt biking, in black!
Ill take this look over wearing your girlfriends cute ankle socks after you shaved ur legs together!
But of course compression, dry fit=function.

Haha.
Good u got paid back for ur efforts. Only takes a few idiots to give blm cause for closures.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for cleaning it up.
Old 01-02-2013, 2:07 PM

Ranger Funk is tickled pink when he see's me with trash bags and a rake before and after my shooting session. So you guys are the ones who's been picking up the "good brass" on the ground.....lol
Old 01-02-2013, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
Ah man, hope I dont get the black sock stereo type as I wear the nike fit compression socks when mt biking, in black!
Ill take this look over wearing your girlfriends cute ankle socks after you shaved ur legs together!
But of course compression, dry fit=function.

Haha.
Good u got paid back for ur efforts. Only takes a few idiots to give blm cause for closures.
Probably not. It takes more than one evil feature to fulfill the "Bro" cultural stigma. If you're thinking of getting some star or pistol tats, wearing baggie Dickie shorts, or a flat brim baseball cap you are probably on the slippery slope.

email me at McClintock0 at gmail dot com (That's a zero after my name, not the letter O)

Last edited by TomMcC; 01-03-2013 at 1:55 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 4:32 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual_Shooter View Post
Any way to get license plates and report people like that?
+1 maybe start a thread to report descriptions of violators?
Old 01-03-2013, 9:02 AM

I actually like that idea. I would take down plates from violators, but who would we report them too? Unless they are caught red handed at the scene there is not much to prove.
Old 01-03-2013, 9:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
Probably not. It takes more than one evil feature to fulfill the "Bro" cultural stigma. If you're thinking of getting some star or pistol tats, wearing baggie Dickie shorts, or a flat brim baseball cap you are probably on the slippery slop.
You also need one or more of the following decals on your lifted Chevy, GMC, or Toyota truck: trucker girls, Monster, RockStar, Metal Mulisha, and of course, "Got Sand?"
Old 01-03-2013, 9:20 AM
Ban Hammer Avoidance Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chim-chim7 View Post
I actually like that idea. I would take down plates from violators, but who would we report them too? Unless they are caught red handed at the scene there is not much to prove.
I would guess you would report them to the rangers.... or whoever patrols the area. Don't know how you would prove it either, but perhaps they could build a list of vehicle descriptions and license plates of the violators to watch out for.

"Those who cannot remember the posts are condemned to repeat them"

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone used a cliché
Old 01-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

If they don't pick up there brass, why would they be in the reloading section? Or you just bragging that you got a bunch of brass?

www.appleseedinfo.org

"Everyone has a plan, till they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
If they don't pick up there brass, why would they be in the reloading section? Or you just bragging that you got a bunch of brass?
The OP did a good thing and shared it with us, and I’m thankful for it.

I too shoot on SD BLM, and we also do our part to take care of our playground. I would hate to see that area shut down, it provides a lot of good shooting and ATV riding area.

Brass left behind along with all the other trash just shows how wasteful and disrespectful those other shooters were, it takes someone who really cares just to go out of their way to pick up the trash, and I’m glad he got their brass too.

OP gets a cold one on me
Old 01-03-2013, 1:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeX View Post
The OP did a good thing and shared it with us, and I’m thankful for it.

I too shoot on SD BLM, and we also do our part to take care of our playground. I would hate to see that area shut down, it provides a lot of good shooting and ATV riding area.

Brass left behind along with all the other trash just shows how wasteful and disrespectful those other shooters were, it takes someone who really cares just to go out of their way to pick up the trash, and I’m glad he got their brass too.

OP gets a cold one on me
I will agree and I wish more people where willing to do what the OP did. But the title of thread is meant for "The jerks at the San Diego BLM". Which would obviously not be in the reloading section.

Yeah ok, it's a slow day at work..

www.appleseedinfo.org

"Everyone has a plan, till they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
Old 01-03-2013, 2:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
But the title of thread is meant for "The jerks at the San Diego BLM". Which would obviously not be in the reloading section.
Yes, it would be better if the bros / flat billers actually had a chance to read the OPs post...
Old 01-03-2013, 6:22 PM

Quote:
I will agree and I wish more people where willing to do what the OP did. But the title of thread is meant for "The jerks at the San Diego BLM". Which would obviously not be in the reloading section.

Yeah ok, it's a slow day at work..
Never judge a book by it's cover, but I edited the title. I thought it would be a good read with a happy ending. Only reloaders get that warm fuzzy feeling when the gleam of fresh brass is shimmering on the ground. With no one else around it's like free money. Of course the chances of those litter bugs reading this is slim, that's obvious, but even if they did, would they respond? Who wants to be labeled a litter bug. This is not just a reloading forum, it's also ammo, although it does not get the heavy threads of the other forums.

I could never post this in the general section. The majority of members in there don't give a crap about reloading or picking up brass. I would get a bunch of people trolling or trying to defend the "bro's. I can only trust those of us in here mostly. Reloaders tend to care a little more about the hobby as we are more deeply involved in it.

I have already tumbled, sized, trimmed, primed and stored the brass. Now if I could just find some SMK 175gr. bullets I would be gtg for that .308. No one has that bullet in stock as of yesterday.

Last edited by chim-chim7; 01-03-2013 at 6:27 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 7:44 PM

Was at a mg shoot over in Arizona in 98. Dillon and company flew in for the night shoot. Dillon came up to us and asked if they could squeeze in between us and the shooters next to us, Of course we said yes. After the Dillons had shot a few hours they called it a nlght. There was a LOT of brass on the ground. I made a comment to them. Boy you guys sure have a lot of reloading to do. They just laughed and said help yourself. I ended up with two 5 gallon buckets of 223 brass. So I know what that warm fuzzy feeling is all about to.