Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Tactical Reloader
CGN Contributor

Default Vallejo / Solano county CCW

Possibly moving close to Vallejo / Solano county

Good chance for CCW ??

Need Auto Collision repair / Bay Area ? See my thread !!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=476124
Old 06-27-2013, 7:29 AM

Default Solano Co. is May issue

Depends, Sheriff will issue. Go on line to Solano County website and go to the appropriate page. The application and requirements will be there. Typically they will issue if you have a (what they deem to be) a reasonable cause. Many of us who have obtained a LTC are business professionals who travel, at night and have to carry cash or items of value. If you just say you need a LTC "for personal protection" its not likely to fly. Your backround needs to be clean. They now have a dedicated person that does LTCs and I understand its a bit more streamlined. Wait time from start to finish was about 90 plus days. Hope that helps. Good luck!
'I own the guns I own because I acknowledge mankind's shortcomings instead of pretending like they don't exist. There are evil men in this world and there just may be a time when I need to do the unthinkable to protect me or my family,'
Joshua Boston

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato
Old 06-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member

I have reviewed several good cause statements for Vallejo residents and while mine included some professional traveling at night I know of several that were primarily written as personal protection and were all approved.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:20 AM
The Kilted One
CGN Contributor

If you're moving to Vallejo, try to move north a mile to American Canyon. It's Napa county and the Sheriff is Pro-2A and issues with no hassle.

You have to have a good cause and have to take a class. The interview is an enjoyable experience and his staff are great people to work with.

Biggest benefit of moving north, you're not in Vallejo.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member

Getting in and out of AmCan is a major PITA though. And AmCan is not immune to Vallejo's problems when the majority of people in AmCan at any given time are Vallejo residents or people that 'moved' from Vallejo.

The current Solano County Sheriff is Pro-2A as well so there isn't much advantage in Napa County in that regard.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:25 AM

Sidebar: Vallejo gets a bad rap, many are unaware of the many decent areas - Glen Cove, Heritage District, Hiddenbrook, Sandy Beach. Granted if you drive down Sonoma Blvd (or go to AAA Sports) it looks pretty bleak. Location/ proximity to bay area and sac is great and the weather can't be beat. I had lived in Napa for over twenty years and would not move back - commute bites.

Yeah Oakland sucks too... Monclair and Peidmont, just horrible places. BTW Just try to get a LTC in Alameda Co. or Marin Co. in your multi-million fixer-upper.

Last edited by Charlie50; 06-27-2013 at 11:29 AM..
Old 06-27-2013, 4:47 PM

They will issue to normal folks, a well written good cause statement worked for me. Do NOT apply to the city, go directly to the Sheriffs Dept. It costs nothing to apply and if the sheriff does not intend to issue, you will not be allowed to move forward in the process. Mine took about 6 months from start to finish.
Old 06-27-2013, 5:55 PM

I am a Benicia resident in Solano county, I got mine and so did several of my friends and my dad too. I have known some youngsters though that were denied. I think it helps to have something more than just self defense. But Kelly in the Sheriff's office is great. She is very organized and efficient and it is getting done faster now than it has in the past. Just went through renewal and it took about 10 days. Piece of cake. Good luck!
Old 06-27-2013, 7:35 PM
Tactical Reloader
CGN Contributor

Thanks for all the input .. Looks like it will be Hiddenbrooke area

I'll need to put together a good cause

My work does involve driving home high end cars on test drives at times

Need Auto Collision repair / Bay Area ? See my thread !!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=476124
Old 07-07-2013, 8:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbflyboy172 View Post
I am a Benicia resident in Solano county, I got mine and so did several of my friends and my dad too. I have known some youngsters though that were denied. I think it helps to have something more than just self defense. But Kelly in the Sheriff's office is great. She is very organized and efficient and it is getting done faster now than it has in the past. Just went through renewal and it took about 10 days. Piece of cake. Good luck!
Benicia resident here also. Ditto on all accounts!

jlb, you fly out of CCR or APC? I had an experimental RV-4 at Buchanan during the '90s.

*** In comparing the virtues of various calibers, using hollow point ammo: it is absolutely undeniable that, while a 9 mm or .40 S&W may or may not expand, a .45 will never shrink. ***

***Mature Up***
Old 07-08-2013, 9:22 PM

Did my training at APC and was in the Concord Flying Club and flew out of CCR for a few years. I believe they now have an RV-4.
Old 07-09-2013, 2:36 AM

Vallejo is a crap-hole. I used to work there. Move to Vacaville or Benicia.

Semper Fi!

Old 07-10-2013, 7:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebronze View Post
Vallejo is a crap-hole. I used to work there. Move to Vacaville or Benicia.

thebronze... watch out where ye cast those stones when one hails from sacotomatos....Yeah Sac is a great place.. massive pockets of hot fermenting crap hole neighborhoods, and let us not forget the gathering place where own political rascals feed upon the carcass of the "Golden State" BTW Benicia is nice but cowtown is hotterthan a flat jackrabbit on a hwy in July.