Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:22 PM

Default .308 brass for reloading....prices?

what is a fair price for -- once fired Fed Gold Medal and Hornady TAP Match .308 brass??.. have couple buckets to get rid of.. thanks guys!
Old 02-11-2013, 6:34 AM
Veteran Member

I need some!!
How much are we talking about?
Old 02-11-2013, 6:53 AM

its not worth anything. I will pay shipping and take it off your hands so you are not stresing it.

DarkSkySolutions.com
Old 02-11-2013, 2:51 PM

Most gun shows when i bought it, it was 20 cents a case dont know about now.
Old 02-11-2013, 3:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

i bought 100 for $20 once i often find enlarged primer pockets with federal which is annoying
Old 02-11-2013, 3:36 PM

$20 per 100 for quality, once shot stuff is reasonable.
Old 02-11-2013, 3:38 PM
Banned

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

I think this is in the wrong forum. Another junior member coming into this forum to tell us they are selling brass and want us to set their price...

Yeah I gotta say it...

Oh yeah, I am being nice but you almost got the girl peeing out of the window...
Old 02-11-2013, 5:01 PM

sorry, wasn't trying to create problem, just looking for info...ill move to marketplace now that i've got some info....
Old 02-11-2013, 5:34 PM

Quote:
?.. have couple buckets to get rid of.. thanks guys!
.. I missed the for sale note.., sure as hell looked like an honest question as to market value, what did I miss?

Implied "for sale"??? Really???

Last edited by sdkevin; 02-11-2013 at 5:36 PM..
Old 02-12-2013, 3:54 AM

were primer pockets crimped?
Old 02-12-2013, 6:29 AM
C3 Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Last time I bought .308 brass I paid less than $.10 per.

There's a lot of it out there.

NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

"Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.
Old 02-12-2013, 6:33 AM
C3 Coordinator
CGN Contributor

OP asked this same question in November.

NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

"Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.
Old 02-12-2013, 6:34 AM

I've seen .308 brass as high as .50 cents after the last shooting.

I've seen loaded .308 as high as 1.50/round
Old 02-12-2013, 7:42 AM
Veteran Member

On Gunbroker.com, once fired military brass sells for $.21 to $.24 per case. Federal and Hornady brass should be slightly higher.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Banned

When it comes to people coming into this forum ASKING us how much we are willing to pay for their brass/bullets/ammo/powder/ANYTHING there is nothing honest about it. They are fishing to make some money off us. The only proper way to curb this type of behavior is to meet them with posts telling them their actions are inappropriate for THIS forum. Would you rather come here and see a lot of posts about REAL reloading questions and links to where you can get components or would you rather see a bunch of posts of people looking to sell you their used items? THINK about it.

If people do not care to READ the titles and post in the appropriate forums, then they deserve whatever heat they get. If you pay any attention you will notice that MOST if not ALL of these posts come from people that never really contribute anything. They come here and sell and that is all they care to do. They don't care to get a participation medal unless it invloves them making money. Funny how we never really had this problem until recently, of course when those other panic times hit I was not really a member that was active here so I never noticed it. Does any of this make sense?

Seriously, how hard is it to type in ONCE FIRED BRASS into a search engine and see prices that it is being sold at? How hard is it to type that in at gunbroker and have a look?

It is indicative of a mentality that does not care that we have rules here. The individual that does that is either just a dick or is just being lazy. Oh sure, there MAY be some legitimate folks that are new and just got confused and saw RELOADING and AMMO and thought that this was the place since there are so many forums here (has that food forum been made yet?) but if they come here and start posting this crap all over the place and we (we as in those of us that contribute (junior or veteran posters) instead of trying to make a fast buck) don't say anything about it, they will come back and do it again and so will others. Should they get banned? Well, probably not for the FIRST offense, but since this is just the internetz then we can talk smack to them for doing so and if you seriously come here and post garbage (garbage as in crap that don't belong) and you get your feelings hurt because the forum guys thread crapped all over your post then maybe you do not belong here. Hey, at least it is just on the internetz... It aint like we are REALLY stopping in at their house and crapping all over their rooms and stuff, even though that is what they are essentially doing here. The nicer guys here that are not saying anything just choose to ignore it and they do not want to put themselves into a bad light. I do not blame them for that. I think for things like that, it is best to let the other meanies dish out the crap. I call a spade a spade and enjoy barking from time to time. Maybe in 20 years if reloading or guns is still around in Commiefornia then I can be a silent guy, but until then Imma self-appointed watchdog for this group.

I think I need to find another graphic that I can put words on to direct these noobs to gunbroker now...

Last edited by stilly; 02-12-2013 at 11:44 AM..
Old 02-12-2013, 1:33 PM

Dude i'm sorry, i wasn't fishing, i had a legit qustion...you're just reading into my post- it doesn't state anywhere i want to sell it to you or in your forum. Figured you are the ones doing the loading and buying the materials and could give an honest answer. .... i dont care if you're a "senior member" you've only been on Calguns 3 months longer than me so calm down! You've got serious 3 paragraph reply issues... I'm sorry my post casued you grief..rant on my brother..
Old 02-12-2013, 5:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richieneal View Post
Dude i'm sorry, i wasn't fishing, i had a legit qustion...you're just reading into my post- it doesn't state anywhere i want to sell it to you or in your forum. Figured you are the ones doing the loading and buying the materials and could give an honest answer. .... i dont care if you're a "senior member" you've only been on Calguns 3 months longer than me so calm down! You've got serious 3 paragraph reply issues... I'm sorry my post casued you grief..rant on my brother..
LoL.

YOU sir may very well have had no intent or tried to sneak it in, but there are many that have and there are many that are still trying. We get them all the time and it is only a matter of time before they get squashed. I do not know you and I doubt that many here do so I profile.

Here is what I can tell you about YOU. You came here and asked a similar question back in November 2010. I do not know what the environment was like around then but I do not recall too much real life crap going on. Nobody told you that this was probably not the proper forum to ask that question and it was probably not a problem at the time. Now you have come back and asked again. (to see if prices have changed?) Although you do not seem like the guy that wants to sling his threads all over and not give a damn about where he posts, you do admit that you DO wanna get rid of it (sell).

No need to apologize, just go put your question in the marketplace forum. Ask for what you think is a fair price. Too many OTHER people come here to try to sell us their stuff. You just happen to look like one of them this time.

I am sure a mod will tell you something close to this. This is an AMMO and RELOADING forum, not a PRICE ESTIMATION forum and certainly not the ANTIQUE ROADSHOW forum...

(you see that? what I did there...)

I hope that is a better explanation.