Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Palmetto State Armory
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 7:37 PM

Default My first PSA order (finally got it)

Placed a small order today (Your order # is: 100191133) and i figured id let everyone know how it goes. This is my first time ordering from PSA but they came highly recommended from another calgunner.

So far... The website was easy to use. It was easy to get a shipping quote without needed to proceed to checkout. Once i figured out what I wanted, and already knew how much shipping was going to be, it was nice to be able to checkout as a guest and not need to become a member.

Ill update as things progress.

Last edited by ArmedCMT; 02-19-2013 at 1:13 PM..
Old 01-21-2013, 7:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Congrats....what did you order?

I placed a order for some ammo on the 8th and its already shipped. expected on the 25th of this month.
Than Oversexed & Underlaid...:D
Old 01-22-2013, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt562 View Post
Congrats....what did you order?

I placed a order for some ammo on the 8th and its already shipped. expected on the 25th of this month.
Hornady Custom .40S&W 180gr XTP 20rds $16.99
Hornady TAP .40S&W 155gr TAP FPD 20rds $16.99

$7.00 shipped ground.

Figured it might take a while so i went to a big5 near me and picked up some jhp for the g35 i got jailed at the target range. Ammo im seeing on the empty shelves everywhere i go. Its been a long time since ive purchased handgun ammo but i feel like the $31.99 i paid for 25rd of Rem 180gr JHP is a little high. I pick up the G35 on wed but when i called today he didnt have and 40sw JHP and didnt have any idea when he would. Anyone have any tips on what i should be looking for in regards to price per round?

Back to PSA.... Thinking about signing up for the email alerts in hopes of keeping on top of when they get ammo back in stock. Does anyone use this? any thoughts?
Old 02-05-2013, 8:09 AM

Default So its been 2 weeks

just wondering if they had an idea on when my stuff is going to ship so i called PSA this morning....Ive been on hold for 33:20. I was hoping to add something to my order but im running out of patience just sitting here.

36:12 still holding
40:17
41:30 hung up.

WTF?!?! Ok i understand being busy and all but you might want to think about getting some temp people in the interim to pick up the phone.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 AM

I order a upper from PSA on Jan 20th just got a tracking number should be here Friday
So give it one more week.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:10 AM

im fine with it not shipping for a week but it would be nice to actually hear that from someone at PSA. More than 40 min on hold just waiting for someone to pick up the phone??? I call BS. If the phones are that busy they should hire a temp to answer the phones. I wanted to add a $100+ item to my order if possible but i cant get a hold of them. I wonder how much money they arent making cuz of unanswered calls?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Sorry to hear about your trouble reaching CS by phone. We can't add items to existing orders, though.
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Old 02-05-2013, 3:44 PM

Ok i can understand that but 40+ min of waiting and never getting to a human is BS. I understand things are crazy and you have alot of orders and impatient people hounding you for the stuff they paid for 3 weeks ago, but if its that crazy you should REALLY consider hiring some temp staff to at least pick up the phone. Plain and simple, you lost out on $100 today cuz nobody could pick up the phone. I know $100 isnt gunna brake your bank but how many times do you think this happened today?
Old 02-06-2013, 2:34 PM

Hey PSA

Im currently on hold again and when i opened my gmail to look at my order number i noticed this
"Thank you for your order from Palmetto State Armory. Once your package ships we will send an email with a link to track your order. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at info@palmettostatearmory.com or call us at 1.803.788.9095 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm EST."

The last time i waited i know you were open but since its after 5 im guessing you are closed. Do you guys shut your phone off at night and it goes straight to vm? Is somone eventually going to pick up the phone if i stay on hold(8:31 right now)? Did someone forget to switch the phones and if i hold ill just be here till you get in tomorrow? ok i hung up. Maybe ill try tommorow. or maybe ill just charge back my order and spend my money elsewhere.
Old 02-06-2013, 2:36 PM

I ordered the PSA Lower build kit on the 28th... still has not shipped. Website says may take up to 15 days to ship :/ i hope not.
Old 02-06-2013, 3:06 PM

Default Still have hope.....i think

The website says 15 business days so that could be as long as 3weeks really. Honestly its not that im in a rush to get this stuff, I already got what i need locally, i would just like to talk to someone to see if they could look at where my order is in the stack and give me an idea of when its gunna ship. Even if its still 10 days out cuz they have just been slammed, I wanna hear it from a human. Not being able to add an item to an existing order is no biggie, i figured it was a long shot anyways. But since they weren't able to get to the phone after i sat on hold for 40+min they missed out on a completely separate order.
Old 02-08-2013, 8:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedomsaww View Post
I ordered the PSA Lower build kit on the 28th... still has not shipped. Website says may take up to 15 days to ship :/ i hope not.
2/8/13 still nothing yet no email no nothing.
Old 02-08-2013, 9:00 PM

I ordered some dies on the 25th and it hasn't shipped yet either. But I ordered ammo on 2 different occasions last year and they processed and shipped my order super fast so in not too worried. Ill get my order eventually.
Old 02-08-2013, 9:27 PM

I ordered my lower parts kit on jan 11th. Got it in Wednesday. Shipped out last week. I only had a bolt catch roll pin missing when I laid it all out. I emailed PSA this morning and then I tried giving them a call around 7:30am or so our time. Only took them about 4-5 min before someone picked up the phone and helped me out. Said they'd ship the piece out either today or Monday morning since its just a small piece. So far I have nothing bad to say about PSA or the CS. Try giving them a call early in the morning before they get swamped with phone calls.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member

Wow People.. They are busy and a little slow on shipping.. this is nothing new. multiple threads on this. You get a good deal on things but have to wait a tad bit longer..

-Edmund Burke
I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
- Phil Dalmolin

The Battle of Athens was illegal too.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninety View Post
Wow People.. They are busy and a little slow on shipping.. this is nothing new. multiple threads on this. You get a good deal on things but have to wait a tad bit longer..

Two things. Yesterday i got an email that my order has shipped. Like I said before I knew it was going to take a while and i wasnt in a super rush to get this so that is not my issue. My issue is not being able to get a hold of a company who has my money. I was even going to give them MORE of it! So again the shipping timeline isnt a big deal as i understand they are super busy. On the other hand the not answering the phones thing is BS in my opinion. But to each their own so spend your money where you wish.

Ill let you know when it gets here.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedCMT View Post
Two things. Yesterday i got an email that my order has shipped. Like I said before I knew it was going to take a while and i wasnt in a super rush to get this so that is not my issue. My issue is not being able to get a hold of a company who has my money. I was even going to give them MORE of it! So again the shipping timeline isnt a big deal as i understand they are super busy. On the other hand the not answering the phones thing is BS in my opinion. But to each their own so spend your money where you wish.

Ill let you know when it gets here.
So just place another order?

They will not modify or add to an existing order. They will cancel, but it will cost you as stated in their terms. As mentioned, great prices and takes a bit longer to your door. Always a trade off. I have had nothing but good transaction with them so far.

Robert
Old 02-08-2013, 11:38 PM

Thank you PSA!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 1:58 PM

Yay I got my shipping email today!! Hurrah!!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:58 PM

I got my package on 2/14/13. It was packed well and considering how crazy things are right now im ok with how long it took to get to me. Overall im not really pleased with my PSA experience. Does that mean i will never spend money with them again?? No, but if I can Ill probably spend my money elsewhere.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:01 AM

Mine should be at my door sometime today. I have no complaints really about PSA, it did take forever to ship but it did ship. And they did say on the website that shipping would take up to 15 business days. I feel like it was a good deal too maybe not pre craze price but not an obviously outragious price. Cant comment on quality yet but i will as soon as i inspect my packages contents.
Old 02-22-2013, 8:04 AM

kit looks great everything looks quality. but i guess i wont be able to tell for sure until it gets put together. oh well waiting for my 80% now