Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 01-03-2013, 8:54 AM

I just jacked this from General Gun Discussion. I know there were problems with point of sale and using the word gun as transaction, now they have gone into the actual business due to Connecticut incident.

Just as I get ready to put together the video for the winners of the Everyday No Days Off - Gun Blog shirt giveaway and a video addressing companies that are selling out the gun community and culture, I get word that the Guys at 2 Vets Arms Co. who I consider good friends, received a letter from their bank stating that they are stopping their business line of credit/loan for their production orders because...

“In light of the Connecticut shootings, we no longer want to be associated with anyone in firearms”

I ask you to share this and to contact the bank and voice their opinion on this new business practice. Please Be Respectable and show them and other businesses the power we yield as a community.

If you know of any other businesses engaging in the same practices please post it on my wall

CEO Tom Bennett Jr

First Oklahoma Bank
Phone 918-392-2500
2448 E. 81St. Street
Tulsa, OK 74137

CEO Tom Bennett Jr

First Oklahoma Bank
Phone 918-392-2500
2448 E. 81St. Street
Tulsa, OK 74137
Old 01-03-2013, 9:11 AM

and 80 million Americans don't want to associate with you either.

Do these banks not realize, that when you cut off a single vendor, you are also insulting every single one of their clients too?
Old 01-03-2013, 9:15 AM

New post just came up, lets see where it goes

"Gary Burris I am President of LSSA and active in gun rights issues. I work closely with the Second Amendment Foundation so I called the bank in Tulsa to check this story. They said they are firm supporters of the Second Amendment and they have not canceled credit nor has 2 Vets Arms Co. ever been a customer. Trust but verify."
Old 01-03-2013, 2:53 PM

My main bank, First Republic, refused to open an account for my firearms business. They said it was a decision from the top but couldn't tell me why. They even closed some accounts for long-time customers in other industries like jewelry. I made it known I was very disappointed because the bank has been amazing for years for my personal accounts. I went to Wells Fargo and opened an account in minutes. It's apparent that service and fees are not similar to First Republic so I'll put up with Wells Fargo until they come to their senses. I threatened to leave First Republic but the service is good enough that I couldn't follow through.
Toby's Tactical
Mountain View, CA