Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

Default Need some help from WEGC members (potential new member)

I plan to join WEGC. I renewed my NRA membership and filled out my WEGC paper work. I have shot two matches (about two months ago) at this range and I was well accepted by the other shooters. Now I need to get three members or one board member to sponsor me so that I may apply for a membership at the club meeting on Tuesday the 8th. Unfortunately, there aren't any matches this weekend that I would be able to participate in.

I was hoping to shoot with some members to prove my worthiness of becoming a member. I was hoping to get my membership this month, but I may have to wait until February to do it, unless members are willing to sponsor me just from a meet and greet at the meeting. I figured that shooting with other members would give them insight to my character and show that I am a responsible and like minded shooter. As you can tell, I am anxious to become part of the WEGC group. I would love to be able to shoot during the week, and I also enjoyed action pistol and LESA. I just got an AR 15 to use for 3 gun. I have been shooting pistol competitions for 3 years, mostly at Raahuages range.

The other thought I had was to see if any members would be going to the range before Tuesday, and to ask if they would invite me as a guest to meet with them or shoot with them, in an attempt to get my required signatures.

Would any WEGC Members sponsor me or invite me to shoot as a guest, to become sponsored?

Thanks for your help guys,
Chris
Old 01-04-2013, 10:31 PM

You do not need to have it signed, just show up next Tuesday and they will do it for you. Me and two of my buddy's will be there. I joined in October last year. Rory
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks
I got a couple PM's too. I'll be there on Tuesday.
Old 01-08-2013, 8:36 PM

Did you make it tonight, it was crowded. I was standing at the back doors until they divided the meeting, then I left. Rory.
Old 01-08-2013, 8:37 PM

Sorry double post. Rory.

Last edited by hillbilly deluxe; 01-08-2013 at 8:39 PM..
Old 01-14-2013, 7:50 PM
Veteran Member

I made it. I came in with the last people and stood right next to the board, at the side door. I got my membership and then hit the range on Wed. to try out my new AR 15.
I found a spot to shoot and was never bothered while I shot a few different guns, and chronoed some of my hand loads. It was a great afternoon. That would have cost me $30 at another range, of which is further away and not private. I think my membership will pay off rather quickly.

I wanted to shoot action pistol this weekend, but it was just too cold for me.

I hope to make the LESA shoot next weekend, and maybe even 3 gun the following weekend.

Chris
Old 01-14-2013, 8:00 PM
Veteran Member

Its a great range....