Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 12-25-2012, 2:40 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Larry Vickers 2-Day Level-1 Handgun Class - May 20-21, 2013 - Castro Valley, CA

Larry Vickers 2-Day Level-1 Handgun Class - May 20-21, 2013 - Castro Valley, CA

Vickers Tactical
www.vickerstactical.com

Larry Vickers of Vickers Tactical in a retired US Army 1st SFOD- Delta combat veteran with years of experience in the firearms industry as a combat marksmanship instructor and industry consultant. In recent years he has hosted tactical firearms related TV shows on the Sportsman Channel with the latest being TacTV of which Bravo Company is a presenting sponsor.Larry Vickers special operations background is one of the most unique in the industry today; he has been directly or indirectly involved in the some of the most significant special operations missions of the last quarter century. During Operation Just Cause he participated in Operation Acid Gambit - the rescue of Kurt Muse from Modelo Prison in Panama City, Panama. As a tactics and marksmanship instructor on active duty he helped train special operations personnel that later captured Saddam Hussein and eliminated his sons Uday and Qusay Hussein. In addition he was directly involved in the design and development of the HK416 for Tier One SOF use which was used by Naval Special Warfare personnel to kill Osama Bin Laden. Larry Vickers has developed various small arms accessories with the most notable being his signature sling manufactured by Blue Force Gear and Glock accessories made by Tangodown. In addition he has maintained strong relationships with premium companies within the tactical firearms industry such as BCM, Aimpoint, Black Hills Ammunition, Wilson Combat and Schmidt & Bender.

Larry Vickers travels the country conducting combat marksmanship classes for law abiding civilians, law enforcement and military and has partnered with Alias Training to coordinate classes to best meet the needs of the students attending the class.

Alias Training & Security Services
www.aliastraining.com

Larry Vickers 2-Day Level-1 Handgun Class - May 20-21, 2013 - Castro Valley, CA

This class is an entry level course for handgun shooters and is designed specifically for those who have not had any formal instruction or those who wish a refresher class. Topics covered include the following: safety, stance, grip, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their service pistol includes field stripping and maintenance. In addition to this, other topics that are covered include reloads, draw, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting.

Instructor: Larry Vickers

Class dates: May 20-21, 2013

Cost: $525

Range:

Chabot Gun Club, Inc.
9999 Redwood Road
Castro Valley, CA
94546-0246

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:
- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
- Minimum of three serviceable magazines (5 is better)
- 1000 rounds of ammunition
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Good attitude

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Alias Training sign-up page:
http://aliastraining.com/larryvicker...ovalleyca.aspx

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
Paul@aliastraining.com
757-985-9586
www.aliastraining.com

Last edited by va_dinger; 12-25-2012 at 4:29 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 8:25 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Larry Vicker's Bio;

Larry Vickers of Vickers Tactical in a retired US Army 1st SFOD- Delta combat veteran with years of experience in the firearms industry as a combat marksmanship instructor and industry consultant. In recent years he has hosted tactical firearms related TV shows on the Sportsman Channel with the latest being TacTV of which Bravo Company is a presenting sponsor.Larry Vickers special operations background is one of the most unique in the industry today; he has been directly or indirectly involved in the some of the most significant special operations missions of the last quarter century. During Operation Just Cause he participated in Operation Acid Gambit - the rescue of Kurt Muse from Modelo Prison in Panama City, Panama. As a tactics and marksmanship instructor on active duty he helped train special operations personnel that later captured Saddam Hussein and eliminated his sons Uday and Qusay Hussein. In addition he was directly involved in the design and development of the HK416 for Tier One SOF use which was used by Naval Special Warfare personnel to kill Osama Bin Laden. Larry Vickers has developed various small arms accessories with the most notable being his signature sling manufactured by Blue Force Gear and Glock accessories made by Tangodown. In addition he has maintained strong relationships with premium companies within the tactical firearms industry such as BCM, Aimpoint, Black Hills Ammunition, Wilson Combat and Schmidt & Bender.

Larry Vickers travels the country conducting combat marksmanship classes for law abiding civilians, law enforcement and military and has partnered with Alias Training to coordinate classes to best meet the needs of the students attending the class.

It speaks for itself.

My replies in the other thread are spot on.

Have a nice day.

Paul
757-985-9586
www.aliastraining.com
Old 01-25-2013, 6:48 PM

Thanks for posting just signed up. I watch all his shows, so it will be nice to see him.
Old 03-03-2013, 6:57 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremont lapua View Post
Thanks for posting just signed up. I watch all his shows, so it will be nice to see him.
No problem, glad to help.

If you have any questions about the class or the sign-up process just let me know.

Paul
757-985-9586
www.aliastraining.com
Old 03-04-2013, 9:08 AM

what is the student to instructor ratio ?
Old 03-30-2013, 9:39 PM

I spoke to Paul from ALIAS and he mentioned that for those having a hard time finding ammo for the classes he might be able to get ammo to use in the class at a decent price. You will have to contact him to get a price but I know ammo is a problem at the moment.
Old 04-07-2013, 8:47 AM

Default top

^^^
Old 04-07-2013, 5:01 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Also for the most part students will not be using any more than 800 rounds for his 2 day class it might only end up being 750. I have taken his class and Highly recommend this one.

Jan
Old 04-14-2013, 7:45 AM

^^^
Old 04-21-2013, 8:43 AM

^^^
Old 04-29-2013, 1:42 AM
Vendor/Retailer

FYI: Larry's 1st trip to Castro Valley is right around the corner. If you are interested in signing up please feel free. As always if you have any questions, need help finding ammo, etc just let me know. I am always glad to help.

Paul

[***IF YOU CANNOT FIND REASONABLY PRICED AMMO FOR THE CLASS PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT Paul@aliastraining.com. WE HAVE SEVERAL VENDORS LINED UP TO SUPPLY AMMO TO OUR STUDENTS.***

Alias Training Revised Ammo Policy For 2013.

Hello, Alias Training would like to announce a new set of clear and concise ammo policies that are in place until the current ammo situation corrects itself.

- A new minimum of 400 rounds has been set for all Alias Training & Security Services associated 2-day classes. This is to be considered an absolute minimum. If this is all the ammo you can find or afford you will be good to go. All efforts will be made to minimalize the effects of shooting fewer rounds in the class. Honestly the class will be the same, you will just have the option of self-regulating your rounds fired per drill. Example; if the drill calls for four rounds, firing two will be OK. This is completely student self-regulating. Please be careful so you don’t over shoot one drill and miss out on another.

- *Very Important* If you have the standard ammo supply available this policy will not affect you at all. You will just be shooting the class normally. The instructors wanted me to be very clear on this.

- We have not had any restrictions on remanufactured ammo for years but to reiterate it is completely fine in our classes.

- .22 weapons are completely fine. Same with .22 conversion kits.

- We are working with several manufacturers & suppliers to ensure ammo availability for our classes. Some instructors have or are working on their own deals. Other suppliers are going to be helping Alias as a whole. If you cannot find ammo for a class contact Paul at Alias Training (Paul@aliastraining.com) and I will point you in the right direction.

I would like to thank the world-class instructors associated with Alias Training & Security Services for looking out for our customers during this situation.

If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free contact me anytime day or night.
757-985-9586
www.aliastraining.com
Old 05-05-2013, 6:32 PM

Coming up quick
Old 05-13-2013, 5:34 PM

Bump
Old 05-14-2013, 10:56 AM

What are the hours for this class (particularly interested in finding out what time class starts each day)? Thank you.
Old 05-21-2013, 7:37 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I heard the class was awesome!

I cannot wait to read an AAR and see the class photos.
757-985-9586
www.aliastraining.com