Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 12-06-2012, 3:37 PM

Default Is it legal to ship parts to Australia?

Lets say I want to send seashells to australia ?

is that legel?

Last edited by CaliforniaHunter; 12-06-2012 at 11:51 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 5:20 AM

I'm an Australian living in California and from time to time, I ship parts and accessories to my nephew living in Sydney. He is a Police Officer as well and have import permit on restricted items such as magazines, fire control components and barrel.

No import permit = Do not send any fire control components, magazines and any barrel.

Any others are ok but I strongly recommend other party to contact the Australian Customs first

Good Luck

You wonít get gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens. Thereís only one way to get real gun control: Disarm the thugs and the criminals, lock them up, and if you donít actually throw away the key, at least lose it for a long timeÖ Itís a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun controllers. I happen to know this from personal experience.Ē

President Reagan
Old 12-07-2012, 5:39 AM

Google "ITAR." I don't know enough to explain it but basically exporting anything firearm related without fed permission is illegal.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...ms_Regulations

Even taking a laptop outside of the country that has design information for firearm parts can be a felony.

Last edited by killmime1234; 12-07-2012 at 5:42 AM..
Old 12-07-2012, 5:48 AM
Calguns Addict

In some Countries the Frame, Barrel and Slide are registered and have serial numbers. (notice GLOCKs are numbered as such).

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).
Old 12-07-2012, 6:27 AM

Does seahell exportation violate the Lacey Act? Maybe...
Old 12-07-2012, 5:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Are the sea shells legal to export from the US?

Are the sea shells legal to import to the receiving country?

Do you have all permits required for BOTH countries and any other coutries they may be passing through?

If you are talking about firearms and related parts, you need to remember that the US considers the receiver the legal firearm but, other countries consider different parts the legal firearm. Also, there are restrictions on exporting ANYTHING (bullets, primers, brass, barrels, etc.) for .50cal rifles from the US. There may be restrictions on exporting other "common" firearms parts from the US that I am unaware of.

Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

Old 12-07-2012, 6:54 AM

Lewis "Vulch" Maynard over at Gunboards is an Australian collector who would be able to tell you what is and isn't allowed and what kind of problems you might have.

I don't know about Australian law, but in a lot of countries the barrel and bolt are considered the firearm and are the controlled part...and, strangely, in some places the receiver is not considered a critical and hence restricted part. That's why on Ebay you will see folks in Europe offering the receivers of battlefield dug weapons, but not the barrels and bolts....of course this is against Egay rules and these auctions are cancelled when they come to the attention of the Ebay authorities.