Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 12-01-2012, 7:22 AM

Default when should I get concerned?

alrightly an ffl in Minnesota charged my credit card for a handgun on Nov. 26. I spoke with him friday morning and he told me the (handgun he has in stock) hadn't shipped yet because he is waiting for the doj# which I am told by you guys only takes 3minutes to get online which is how he said he will get this number. So what would you advise me to do today or Monday. He also said he will be using the USPS. Will the USPS give him a tracking # of some sorts? I just want to verify soon that he actually has the gun in question and its in the mail. thanks
Old 12-01-2012, 8:06 AM

While the "CFLC" approval process takes only a couple of minutes to do online, the first time an out of state dealer tries it there is a sign in process. However, the whole thing is fairly easy.

The USPS has tracking available through the registered, confirmed, etc. services. Not as precise as UPS, but you can track.

Just call him on Monday and ask if he has shipped, ask for the CFLC approval #, and/or the USPS #. Since you used a credit card your funds should be pretty safe as there are safeguards.
Old 12-01-2012, 8:43 AM
Vendor/Retailer

He might have mailed in or faxed the CFLC registration paperwork.

Gun sales are brisk right now. I would give him two weeks before I got overly concerned. Not necessarily a good business practice on his part, but you are definitely early to be worrying.
Old 12-01-2012, 8:54 AM

roger wilco! Im probably prematurely worrying right now. What if I call on Monday and he can't give me a tracking # what would you guys say and do?
Old 12-01-2012, 10:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I personally would ask him what is going on with the CFLC. Perhaps he mailed it in or something, but unless he has a good answer, saying that he is waiting for the DOJ# is bogus and that is a concern. Ask if he signed up online.

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
I personally would ask him what is going on with the CFLC. Ask if he signed up online.
yes he already said "his daughter" was doing it online. So lets see if he has a tacking # by Monday. thanks for the responses!!
Old 12-01-2012, 1:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

If it was done online, he should already have the number. If he ships USPS, there is really no tracking number, just a delivery confirmation number, which can take some time to get updated.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 12-01-2012, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
If he ships USPS, there is really no tracking number, just a delivery confirmation number, which can take some time to get updated.
so I'll have to take him at his word that he has mailed the gun?
Old 12-02-2012, 6:20 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mill View Post
so I'll have to take him at his word that he has mailed the gun?
Probably.
Old 12-01-2012, 3:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

If you get the number, you can check it, but it really does not say much and is not updated typically until the next day.