Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2010, 4:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default South Central Valley Roll Call - Check in Here!

Calgunners, sound off!

Please check in here with your screen name and city, as well as any special talents or interests/hobbies you may be willing to lend to your chapter.

The fight for our Right to Keep and Bear Arms starts here.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.

Last edited by pennys dad; 10-07-2012 at 7:24 PM..
Old 01-19-2010, 7:23 PM

first post. awesome. iam daniel and i live in bakersfield. very few talents and even less motivation but will gladly do my part to put out the word about calguns.
Old 01-20-2010, 3:44 AM

Where's the border? I'm east of Fresno. Is this considered northern or southern SJV. Anyway, I am a helicopter mechanic. Don't know how this will help Calguns any.

EDIT: There is a map up now, so disregard the question.

Last edited by cj cake; 01-22-2010 at 4:22 PM..
Old 01-20-2010, 5:47 AM

when it goes down we will need helicopters.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj cake View Post
Yeah, where's the border? I'm east of Fresno. Is this considered northern or southern SJV. Anyway, I am a helicopter mechanic. Don't know how this will help Calguns any.
For the CGN chapters, Fresno Co. to Kern Co. is considered Southern Valley.
Old 01-20-2010, 7:44 PM
Veteran Member

james exeter/visalia master of many things. welding, upholstery,chopping tops you name it. oh and my brother is a helicopter pilot and mechanic in oregon, so we have a helicopter if needed.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Banned

Fresno, A&P Tech, I've been working on ag aircraft & helicopters until our farmers got their water cut off to save the Delta Smelt, now I'm looking for work. I mostly have PT6 Turbine experience and a little Allison 250 turbine and 985/1340 radial experience.

Other than working on airplanes/helicopters, I like to shoot stuff, pay attention to politics, grill meat, ride my sport bike, mess with old cars/hot rods and work with Thailand's hill tribe villages. And watch MotoGP racing.

I'm also your South Valley chapter representative, so I'll be working with you guys (roughly Fresno to Bakersfield) and Wildhawker on organizing local events.

Last edited by greasemonkey; 01-20-2010 at 11:09 PM..
Old 01-21-2010, 10:23 AM

I'm an Insurance Broker in Hanford, I make Custom leather holsters, if you are interested in my blog I have some examples on there, pm me.
I'm a 1911 junkie. I'm building my first AR. CCW.
No Helicopters sorry.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:49 PM

I'm in Fresno. Currently unemployed, but I have worked in the medical field (EKG tech) for 20+ years. Skills include reloading (pistol mostly, but some rifle and shotgun) fiddling around with computers and electronic stuff, messing around with old cars (I have an old MG) and I've been doing dog rescue for 3 years or so now. I was a USPSA/IPSC shooter for a few years, range officer, NRA Pistol instructor.
Trained as a level II reserve cop and also worked for a bit in the ballistics section of a crime lab.

Sorry, no aircraft as yet
Old 01-21-2010, 2:20 PM
Veteran Member

Porterville

NRA EPL Member
Visit my blogBullets in the Wash
Old 01-21-2010, 10:17 PM

Fresno........ Swimming pool service and repair (owner). I also sell parts and chems.

I also own a DJ/Video service.

DJMAN
Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws."

-- Edward Abbey, "Abbey's Road", 1979
Old 01-21-2010, 11:35 PM

I am from Fresno. I work in a warehouse so I am not utilizing my Criminology degree at all.
Old 01-22-2010, 5:31 AM
Banned

So far what I'm picking up on is that any meet'n'greet could involve helicopters, hot rods, shooting, food and a DJ. I like where this is going.
Old 01-22-2010, 4:24 PM

Did someone say hotrods, shooting, and food?

We need to set a date, time, and a place!
Old 01-22-2010, 5:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Bakersfield here.

Talents aren't really my forte, but I do have tons of hobbies!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Man that was some great Kool-Aid.......... hmmmmmm theres a hint of something metallic. Oh well guess I will get on with the voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTp View Post
So if you do ban me you will hear from my lawyer as to why you think you can violate peoples civil rights
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosinnagantm9130 View Post
Oh for ****s sake, now there are two of them.This is the type of **** anti's point to when they want to make us all look crazy.
Old 01-23-2010, 2:42 AM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I'm in Lemoore, work in Visalia as Production Superviser at Spraying Devices. Started a second job as an MSF Rider Coach which ought to transition to full time soon at NAS Lemoore (This is jobs page link for the base).

Retired Marine Corps GySgt, ride a 1984 FXRS and an XT 225, (looking for an SV650) wife rides a 1985 FXRS. Kids are grown up and gone. Have a 6 month old puppy which is driving us nuts (Border Collie mix) and a 7 month old feral kitty which prefers to be outside.

Get out to Panoche about twice a year for shooting and meetups. Otherwise shooting takes place at the Lemoore Sportsmens club. I pick up my new FMK 9mm Tuesday 26 Jan, my birthday present.

I started selling the Calguns apparel about 3 years ago. Shipping for you Central Valley guys is easy, probably free delivery.

We have a Friends of the NRA Dinner coming up on 18 February in Lemoore, DC Arms is hosting it again this year.
I bought a pink Crickett youth rifle and put together a kit to include a brick of .22 ammo, sound supressors, a pack of targets, eye protection and a carrying case. This kit will be presented as a Calguns sponsored item and given away in the drawing raffles.

I'm down for meetup pretty much anytime anywhere, lunch, shooting (shooting lunch?). In fact we need to start these soon regardless of how many show up, we can have several as often as possible.
There are several Friends of NRA Dinners coming up, we could also do a get together at these places. If you have never been to a dinner give it a shot as its a hoot.

Went down to Hungry Valley at Gorman a few weeks ago for a day of dirt bike riding. I was on a 1976 350 Honda, only dumped it twice early on looking for first from second and found neutral halfway up the stinking hill. I am also a state certified ATV Instructor. If any of you guys have a place we can have some classes, they are free for kids up to 17 years old. Also classes come free with the purchase of new machine. I've seen rebates for most all back to 5 years or so.

By the way, you heard it here first.
We have a .270 Winchester signed by Ted Nugent to auction off at the Friends of NRA Dinner in Lemoore on 18 February 2010. He signed it as he was walking out the door on his way to Africa to kill something large. DC Arms is handling it so get your bids in early and often. Don't know if you need be present to win but I'd think you'd have to be to bid.

I get wordy in print.

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Calguns T-shirts, hats and stickers
New eCommerce site is up, if you have any problems with it, let me know.

The Gulag Archipelago - Online read .pdf

Last edited by Can'thavenuthingood; 01-23-2010 at 3:06 AM..
Old 11-28-2010, 6:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'thavenuthingood View Post
I'm in Lemoore, work in Visalia as Production Superviser at Spraying Devices. Started a second job as an MSF Rider Coach which ought to transition to full time soon at NAS Lemoore (This is jobs page link for the base).

Retired Marine Corps GySgt, ride a 1984 FXRS and an XT 225, (looking for an SV650) wife rides a 1985 FXRS. Kids are grown up and gone. Have a 6 month old puppy which is driving us nuts (Border Collie mix) and a 7 month old feral kitty which prefers to be outside.

Get out to Panoche about twice a year for shooting and meetups. Otherwise shooting takes place at the Lemoore Sportsmens club. I pick up my new FMK 9mm Tuesday 26 Jan, my birthday present.

I started selling the Calguns apparel about 3 years ago. Shipping for you Central Valley guys is easy, probably free delivery.

We have a Friends of the NRA Dinner coming up on 18 February in Lemoore, DC Arms is hosting it again this year.
I bought a pink Crickett youth rifle and put together a kit to include a brick of .22 ammo, sound supressors, a pack of targets, eye protection and a carrying case. This kit will be presented as a Calguns sponsored item and given away in the drawing raffles.

I'm down for meetup pretty much anytime anywhere, lunch, shooting (shooting lunch?). In fact we need to start these soon regardless of how many show up, we can have several as often as possible.
There are several Friends of NRA Dinners coming up, we could also do a get together at these places. If you have never been to a dinner give it a shot as its a hoot.

Went down to Hungry Valley at Gorman a few weeks ago for a day of dirt bike riding. I was on a 1976 350 Honda, only dumped it twice early on looking for first from second and found neutral halfway up the stinking hill. I am also a state certified ATV Instructor. If any of you guys have a place we can have some classes, they are free for kids up to 17 years old. Also classes come free with the purchase of new machine. I've seen rebates for most all back to 5 years or so.

By the way, you heard it here first.
We have a .270 Winchester signed by Ted Nugent to auction off at the Friends of NRA Dinner in Lemoore on 18 February 2010. He signed it as he was walking out the door on his way to Africa to kill something large. DC Arms is handling it so get your bids in early and often. Don't know if you need be present to win but I'd think you'd have to be to bid.

I get wordy in print.

Vick
I worked for the company who designed and built the original molds for Spraying Devices Inc

I even was the guy who came up with the formula for the strainer rings

not that anyone cares, lol
Old 01-23-2010, 11:19 AM

Visalia here. CCW instructor, DOJ HSC instructor, NRA certified instructor in pistol, rifle, shotgun, HFS, and Personal Protection. Chief RSO. USN AMS3. GW1. Flight Deck Troubleshooter. Retired under state safety due to injury. (forcibly retired) Train for my club, Visalia Sportsmens Association.
Old 01-23-2010, 6:06 PM

Another Visalia resident here. Facilities manager for a large printing plant.
Member and RSO at the Rankin Field range although I can't seem to find the time to visit as much I would like.
Old 01-24-2010, 5:19 PM

Shafter here,AG field Service Tecnician at a Case IH dealership
Old 01-24-2010, 5:30 PM

Bakersfield here.
NRA Instructor
Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, PD Inside Home, First Steps
Be happy to give special consideration to all calgunners who want or need help with getting friends and family up to speed.
Tactical Training available also with local International Mobile Tactical Training. We are all here to help!
George 661-201-4979

The thing about common sense, it is not so common...Voltaire
Old 01-24-2010, 6:17 PM

Bakersfield here

NRA Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun Instructor
Friends of NRA Committee member - Dinner May 7th - Volunteers welcome
Kern Shooting Sports Jr & Women's Shotgun Program Instructor
KSS NRA Action Pistol/Bianchi Cup Match Coordinator.

KSS shoots at 5 Dogs Range. We have an designated range with a 200 yard 20 position High Power rifle range with target pits. The firing line has the first 25 yards protected from adjacent ranges with safety berms/barriers for pistol and small bore shooting. We also have side bays for pistol, with falling plate and running target setups.

We shoot NRA High Power Rifle & John C. Garand Matches. 300 meter international prone rifle. Jr and Women's Rifle and Shotgun Programs. Bianchi Cup Pistol matches, .22 Tactical falling plate matches. Loaner equipment available.

We also host a Family Range Day in April where we provide rifle, pistol and shotguns, ammo, safety equipment, targets and lunch to encourage families to come out and shoot together. Thanks to the NRA Foundation for the funding.

At our Club's Rifle Championship we have a shooter's swap meet, where we encourage members to bring out equipment and supplies they want to trade or sell.

As well, we are working with the USMC League to host a South Valley Rifle Championship (4 man teams) in late April. This will be fund raiser for the Marine Corps League.

In May, we conduct the Rifle Training classes at the NWTF Women in the Outdoors event at Tejon Ranch.

KSS's annual breakfast business mtg. is this coming Saturday, Jan. 30th at Hodel's.

Any interest in having CALGUNS info at our events?

If anyone is interested you can contact me (Donn Fergerson) at 661-203-3419

Last edited by mastadonn; 01-25-2010 at 9:48 AM..
Old 01-25-2010, 9:14 PM

Hanford here. Just graduated from Cal Poly in June. Work for a farm out in the Stratford area. In the process of getting my CCW. I love to hunt and just shoot in general. I like reading and learning about guns and I would like to start learning more about Military History. Also to the aircraft guys, one of my friends is a pilot so I also enjoy learning about aircraft.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORCH View Post
Hanford here. Just graduated from Cal Poly in June. Work for a farm out in the Stratford area. In the process of getting my CCW. I love to hunt and just shoot in general. I like reading and learning about guns and I would like to start learning more about Military History. Also to the aircraft guys, one of my friends is a pilot so I also enjoy learning about aircraft.
I'm addicted to the Military Channel and History Channel, I only watch TV maybe a few hours a week and it's usually one of those two. Does your friend have his own plane? If so, what is it?

Does Kings County still want you to go through the formality of applying through P.D., getting denied, then going through the Sheriff? I played poker several times with the former Sheriff and still never understood that, he was pretty lenient on just cause and had a shall issue stance; not sure how Chris Jordan is on permits but based on knowing him personally, he's very aware of how good it is to have upstanding citizens armed.

Last edited by greasemonkey; 01-25-2010 at 10:53 PM..
Old 01-26-2010, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
I'm addicted to the Military Channel and History Channel, I only watch TV maybe a few hours a week and it's usually one of those two. Does your friend have his own plane? If so, what is it?

Does Kings County still want you to go through the formality of applying through P.D., getting denied, then going through the Sheriff? I played poker several times with the former Sheriff and still never understood that, he was pretty lenient on just cause and had a shall issue stance; not sure how Chris Jordan is on permits but based on knowing him personally, he's very aware of how good it is to have upstanding citizens armed.

Yeah he has a piper cub. He wants to be a crop duster with acreage shrinking right now it is not looking too good currently.

As for the CCW you pretty much have the process down. I met with the Sheriff's Department and they were more than willing to get me one until they found out I lived in the city. They basically said go apply through the PD, get denied and come back to see us. From what I understood, they don't want to step on the PD's toes by issuing permits without first giving the PD a chance. I ran into Jordan downtown though after that and discussed my situation with him and he thought that given my good cause it would be hard for the PD to deny me however he said that if they do to come see him; so I'm pretty optimistic. I plan on turning in my packet next week.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:30 AM

Default CCW

Quote:
Yeah he has a piper cub. He wants to be a crop duster with acreage shrinking right now it is not looking too good currently.

As for the CCW you pretty much have the process down. I met with the Sheriff's Department and they were more than willing to get me one until they found out I lived in the city. They basically said go apply through the PD, get denied and come back to see us. From what I understood, they don't want to step on the PD's toes by issuing permits without first giving the PD a chance. I ran into Jordan downtown though after that and discussed my situation with him and he thought that given my good cause it would be hard for the PD to deny me however he said that if they do to come see him; so I'm pretty optimistic. I plan on turning in my packet next week.

I live in town in Hanford. I recently went through PD to get my CCW. Wasn't too much trouble to get it, but they guy taking the papper work to Chief Mestas is a good friend of mine. I didn't have any propblems. But I will tell you they do want a good reason on your applicaiton. While my was going through i spoke with my buddy who will remain nameless, and at first iI used a work related reason, which i did ultimatly use, but they wanted a letter from my employer stating it would be ok for me to carry at work. After I explained my employement relationship to the PD they let me proceed.

Seems to me Hanford PD is a little over protective, but still reasonable, but I might not be the best example, my references were a visalia officer, Hanford PD Captain, and the Hanford DA.

It is good to hear that Jordan is CCW friendly.

Good luck.

BTW the lady that process the papper work for Hanford PD is a really nice lady, you just have to make sure you play innocent, and be really nice to her. I picked up my permit BEFORE I took and of the CCW cert. classes. I told her I hadn't taken the class yet, she didn't care. same thing happened to my father-in-law.

Anyway good luck.
Old 02-04-2010, 6:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Man! Everyone in the industry seems to be pushing geezer. There is going to be a lot of demand for replacements. Personally I love watching guys in their 60s make airplanes do things that seem to defy the laws of physics!
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)
Old 02-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
Man! Everyone in the industry seems to be pushing geezer. There is going to be a lot of demand for replacements. Personally I love watching guys in their 60s make airplanes do things that seem to defy the laws of physics!
We just got a couple flyovers today by one of our customers in his 60's, flying a radial engine bi-plane ag cat; he's crazy but he's a great guy and fantastic pilot. When he pulled up and rolled right, he had lots of room, cleared our shop roof by at least 15 feet with his wing tip!
Old 01-27-2010, 6:57 PM
Veteran Member

in tulare county the police dept's. and the sherriff have an agreement that the sherriff will be the one to issue. the cities are afraid of lawsuites if something were to happen.
Old 01-28-2010, 8:46 AM

Ben here in Fresno, working my way through school to work for the police. Will help out in any way
Old 01-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildog8812 View Post
Will help out in any way
Learn as much as you can to spread the gospel of Calguns to the rest of the city PD!
Old 02-01-2010, 3:40 PM
Calguns Addict

North Fresno here. My hobbies mostly center around guns so I'd bet we have an abundance of talent that is better than mine. I've been around a while and have learned that I can do damn near anything if I need to. I can make anything with two or more moving parts work long enough to get the job done. I am a supervisor with the CA Dpt. of food and agriculture. Therefore. given 20 minutes and a spell checker I can justify anything up to and including a nuclear first strike. But that also means that I am poor as a church mouse, because we are suffering under a 15% pay cut at the moment.

I have been a builder, a heavy equipment operator, a real estate agent, a loan broker, a pest control advisor, a gold minor, a trapper, an Ag laborer, a BT (boilerman) in the US Navy, and Have a Class A CDL. [/I]

What I am not is a disingenuous grinning hand shaker. What I am is a redneck.

Mike Grider

P. S, I can pick an LZ that you can land a hilocoptor on and take off with a 110% load.

Zoomin Newman will vouch fore that.
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)

Last edited by Meplat; 09-25-2011 at 11:57 AM..
Old 02-02-2010, 2:34 PM

Porterville willing to help
Old 02-10-2010, 6:16 PM

Default SolidC from Fresno

Saw the Calguns booth at the ag show. I was so stoked that you guys were there! Made my day! Lemme know how I can help next year! Chris from Fresno- Low voltage electrician- data, voice, fire alarm, security, fiber optics. Dad flew helicopters for the state of California. From reading this thread, youd think everybody in south central cali had their own aircraft!
Old 02-11-2010, 3:08 PM

North Fresno, right in front of saint agnes LOL. I have excellent skills working with wood. I actually can do anything involved with interiors of homes and I have even built a couple of money exchange rooms (IE. bullet proof). I am usually always busy with work but would be glad to meet up and help when I can. Plus always looking for new plinking buddies and so is my wife if any of you guys have girls that like to shoot.
Old 06-10-2010, 5:54 PM

jason from clovis.......offshore oil drilling......well, i was
Old 02-04-2010, 3:21 PM

Hilmar (where?. . . haha)
Mechanical guru, skilled T.I.G. welder, and all around "do it the hard way" kind of guy. Working on my firearms is almost as much fun as shooting them. Spent 5 years in Texas studying mechanical engineering so it was hard to come back to CA and Caliban. Optimistic that if the **** hits the fan perhaps the fan will get replaced all together and we'll have some honest hardworking individuals in office!

Ready and willing to help - See y'all at the Ag Show next week!
Old 02-07-2010, 12:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I guess you all could consider me to be a member of both Central Valley chapters, because I live in Madera, and work in Fresno. Member ChuckDC and I are close friends.

I work as an IT Support Tech for the Fresno County Library, so I'm all over the county, from Big Creek to Orange Cove to the Westside. I do more than IT, though, since I have previous experience with all kinds of communications equipment. I buy, sell, and rent two-way radios; I have some small PA systems, and I even have a small telephone switch.

I've been doing electrical, electronic and mechanical stuff all my life, so I'm pretty well rounded. I've done sheet metal stuff, machine shop stuff, welding and fabrication, mechanic work on small and large engines, mechanical assembly, and instrumentation. I've even stacked and climbed towers and hung antennas.
Rule #1: Keep your booger hook off the bang-switch!
Cruz/West 2016 - You STILL want to call me a racist tea bagger?

Last edited by Smokeybehr; 02-07-2010 at 12:20 AM..
Old 02-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Banned

There seem to be quite a few guys from Chowchilla/Modesto that frequent Fresno. Welcome to the chapter, I'm excited about the opportunities we have around here to do some community outreach events!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeybehr View Post
I guess you all could consider me to be a member of both Central Valley chapters, because I live in Madera, and work in Fresno. Member ChuckDC and I are close friends.
Old 02-08-2010, 8:26 PM

Trade: Construction.
Addiction: Competitive shooting.