Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 12-31-2009, 9:08 AM

Default using siaga stock on an AK

Is it possible to use the trigger guard and stock assembly from a saiga rifle in a standard AK? Im not very well versed in AKs, I know just enough to know that there are a ton of variants and not all are interchangeable.

But lets say you have a 7.62x39 Saiga stock and trigger group and a 7.62x39 AK that is not on the roster. Could you take the trigger group and stock and create an AK that doesnt need any mods to use AK mags, but has the conventional stock of the Saiga and is therefore featureless?

I tried asking this a while ago, but the post got buried and nobody responded.
Old 12-31-2009, 9:20 AM
Veteran Member

You would have to do a conversion from a regular AK to make it like a saiga and move the trigger guard back but thats pointless. You can buy a saiga and change internal parts to make it 922r compliant and run preban hi cap mags. You can buy a built AK thats already made for AK mags like a lancaster,WASR,Romy G built by a shop or something and just run a grip wrap or MMG grip and be done. That would be the easiest thing to do.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I'm a bit confused by your question. Rifles don't have a roster. They cannot be banned by make and model as an assault rifle however. There's no need to convert a regular unlisted AK model into a Saiga configuration because you can buy a Saiga in CA (just not the banned Kalashnikov USA model). Yes ypu can use a Saiga factory butt stock on a regular AK. You can also use the disconnector and hammer, but not the trigger. Being that you still need to comply with 922r, those parts are useless to you unless you own a pre-89 ban rifle.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 12-31-2009, 11:56 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: Northern Mexico(San Jose) Where illegals have rights and citizens get screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrr View Post
Is it possible to use the trigger guard and stock assembly from a saiga rifle in a standard AK? Im not very well versed in AKs, I know just enough to know that there are a ton of variants and not all are interchangeable.

But lets say you have a 7.62x39 Saiga stock and trigger group and a 7.62x39 AK that is not on the roster. Could you take the trigger group and stock and create an AK that doesnt need any mods to use AK mags, but has the conventional stock of the Saiga and is therefore featureless?

I tried asking this a while ago, but the post got buried and nobody responded.
OK I think I get the point of your question. Just get what ever AK you feel like, replace the grip with a MMG or a Solartactical grip wrap and that will be a featureless rifle.
The others, well......they just never learn.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
Patrick Henry.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

i put one on my mak-90 for a while but you need a finglonger to fire it

Old 01-08-2010, 9:32 AM

Default Bullet Button and pistol grip stock for Saiga Ca legal AK

Where could I find a bullet button and pistol grip stock for my Saiga Ca legal AK?

Last edited by tunawebb; 01-08-2010 at 9:34 AM.. Reason: had the wod stock twice
Old 01-08-2010, 9:51 AM
Veteran Member

Location: Long Beach, Strong Beach, Tha LBC, Wrong Beach, Wass Yo Name Foo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunawebb View Post
Where could I find a bullet button and pistol grip stock for my Saiga Ca legal AK?
Jumbopanda, here on calguns makes a mag-lock. The Solar-Tactical is also a nice mag-lock. For stocks, there's the Tapco Intrafuse, but it looks a little fugly. You might just want to do a conversion if you want a pistol grip.

Vote for pro-gun candidates, or lose your rights, and the rights of future generations. That's it. The end.

"No one said life would be easy".

Last edited by radioburning; 01-08-2010 at 9:54 AM..
Old 01-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

@Radio: Is that Bon Scott in your Avatar?
Old 01-15-2010, 7:32 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Long Beach, Strong Beach, Tha LBC, Wrong Beach, Wass Yo Name Foo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killshot44 View Post
@Radio: Is that Bon Scott in your Avatar?
Yep.

Vote for pro-gun candidates, or lose your rights, and the rights of future generations. That's it. The end.

"No one said life would be easy".