View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:36 AM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

[QUOTE=skyblue;9799419]
Since I'd really like to try my hand at benchrest shooting, it looks like my best option is to keep the RV7 until I've saved up for a quality fixed lens. /QUOTE]

Getting into benchrest shooting requires a bit more than the rifle and scope for best precision. One of the key pieces is a decent front rest. Here are a couple of entry level front rests that work pretty well. I have the one at the top of the page, the second one down is good as well but doesn't have the windage adjustment that the top one does:http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...sl_z3h9immag_e

Do some research on pricing, at times the upper rest goes for $99.

Many benchrest shooters spend upwards of $300-$1000 on the front rest alone. That's mostly for serious competition which is beyond my skill level no matter what rest I would use. Next is a good rear bag. There are many choices out there with the "Shooters Ridge" brand being one of the popular ones. Caldwell and others make a front and rear bean bag, had one, gave it away.

You are being very smart on waiting for the right scope. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited by Izzy43; 11-27-2012 at 11:39 AM..