View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 1:15 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
I have seen minimum and maximum lengths for homebuilt pistols (both overall and barrel lengths) talked about in several threads, but I can’t find them now.

Does anyone have this information handy?
initial minimum length,
12133(b) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to a single-shot pistol with a barrel length of not less than six inches and that has an overall length of at least 10 1/2 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled.

maximum length, otherwise it might not be considered a pistol anymore,
12001. (a)(1) As used in this title, the terms "pistol," "revolver," and "firearm capable of being concealed upon the person" shall apply to and include any device designed to be used as a weapon, from which is expelled a projectile by the force of any explosion, or other form of combustion, and that has a barrel less than 16 inches in length. These terms also include any device that has a barrel 16 inches or more in length which is designed to be interchanged with a barrel less than 16 inches in length.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.