Thread: Cal Regs
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Blue Blaze Irregular
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm of Life View Post
Question on the Regs.

Purchasing through a 01FFL dealer NOT PPT.

If I have a C&R and a COE on MODERN handguns I have to wait 10 days, but C&R handguns can be picked up same day? Or is it only long guns you get same day that are C&R?

I tried reading through all this but I have learning disabilities so its kind of hard for me to understand. Basically looking for a clear cut on waiting periods and take home for C&R, pistols and long guns and how that differs from PPT.
If you have both the C&R FFL and the COE and you are purchasing C&R firearms through a California licensed dealer then you can take the C&R firearms home the same day. This applies to C&R handguns and C&R long guns. It applies to C&R firearms of any age. It applies whether you are doing a PPT through the dealer, buying from the dealer's inventory or transferring something shipped in from out of the area through the dealer.

You still have to complete and pay for the DROS, but the 10 day waiting period is waived. Many California licensed dealers have a policy of ignoring this exemption and will make you do the 10 day wait anyway.

"Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin