Thread: Off to OSUT!
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 6:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve33 View Post
Can you join as 11B now? If so that's pretty sweet instead of 11X. I know I hoped (and did) to get B and not C.

Good luck, Guitar. I didn't know you joined. Just know everything after Basic gets harder and more serious haha. At least you're not there for the summer heat!
So what your saying is that you weren't smart enough to make the cut for the Mensa of combat arms, the most deadly and hansom war-fighters in all combat MOS's-the Indirect Fire Infantryman MOS 11C...

When I joined there were 4 Infantry MOS's, 11B, C, H and M.

I really wanted 11H-Run and drive around killing tanks! YEEEEHAAA!

After that I would have liked 11M, Would have loved to be a Bradly gunner and then commander.

If not those two then 11B, you know, why not.

And I didn't even know what 11C was. Mortar, aren't those artillery pieces?

Take a wild guess which one I got.
Ill give you a hint-baseplates are HEAVY!

EDIT: On the plus side, mortar school was awesome. All the bravo's went out and played at the mout site and we went to the mortar square.
There were 12 of us, and the drill SSG's ordered servings for 50.
We woke up at 0900, trained on the guns and then had lunch for a few hours. Drills bought us dougnuts! They told us "Well guys your going to be the red-headed step children of any unit you ever end up in. You'll do all that the B's do, plus your mortar mission, and no one will even know WTF 11C is. So in light of that and the fact that no one will give a **** about you until they need fire support were going to take things easy for the week."

That was one hell of a week!

Last edited by C.W.M.V.; 09-17-2012 at 6:43 PM..