View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 10:03 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

The "idiots" were on the road going both ways! My 2.5hr trip up Fri afternoon took 4hrs! Bob, missed seeing ya at the show. Left early this morning to beat the backup, must have been ahead of dfletcher, and the plows. Got nasty on the summit to just the other side of Boreal, but no problems in 4wd, rolled right through.
Finally got to shake hands with Grumpyoldretiredcop, and he wasn't even grumpy.
Kind of a weak Fall show, prices were high, some were just laughable. Went looking for a M1A scope mount for my son, found a Springfield 3rd Gen laying with odds and ends for $10. Found the spare ammo holder for my Navy Victory shoulder holster for $5.
Stopped at the RCGE table for 2 boxes of Swede ammo and a 1911 mag. While standing there, ID'ed some expensive mags they almost sold to some buyer that thought they fit something else, so I got a deal on what I was buying. Thanks again River City!
I'm not a gambler, but sat with Justin4fun at the roulette table and won back what I spent on the show, so I left happy.
Manny (croweman) made a deal for something special. I'll let him post his find, I'll just say it's an old Winchester with a brass receiver.