View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 4:12 AM

Default Mare's Leg Picture Thread

Okay, I realize this pistol is more of a niche firearm and the thread will probably be pushed back by the more popular pistol threads, but heck, didn't find one by searching so I'll start one. Just got Rossi's version of the mare's leg, the Ranch Hand, in .357 mag/.38 special.

Haven't gotten a chance to fire it yet. Just got it cleaned and lubed up. Been working that lever action a bit to smooth it out as it was a bit rough initially out of the box. Looks like a fun pistol. Only mods I can see so far that I'll be making are a sst follower to replace the plastic yellow one and a new front and rear sight. I hear Rossi Ranch Hands are notorious for shooting very high straight out of the box. Will verify that with mine once I get to the range, but I'll still be replacing the sights even if they are true as the buckhorn sights and gold bead front sights just don't work for me. Gonna go with the Marbles Bullseye rear sight and a green fiber optic front sight. Wanted something with a fast target acquistion and that combo looks like it might work for me.

Anyways, since it's still a stock gun, no need for more than 1 or 2 pics till I get the sights replaced at least.

Here's one just before it went into jail at Mount Pleasant Arms. Peter managed to order and get it for me in 3 days.

And, of course, when I got it home finally.